The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Darkish-One

Re: A cure for the 'feels'

Post by Darkish-One »

Kane, good luck with Rins is all I can say, not with the choices but If Lily got ya depressed... then as I said. Good luck.
Tomate

Re: Is feeling a bit depressed after playing normal?

Post by Tomate »

Its not like depression, just a sense of loss.
I've felt like this after i finished Planescape:Torment, Dreamfall and Wise Man's Fear.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!
Location: Chillin' with Macho Man Randy Savage on his Macho Cloud

Post by 68000 »

That feeling will linger for a few days, believe me.
But its good, just go with it.

Post by Guest »

Yeah this game mad me sadder then any game (or movie for that matter) ever has. I don't agree with the comment about it being good either. I almost hate the game now because of it.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

The storyline of Hanoko made me cry, like bawling.. I literally had to take a few hours after her storyline just to comfort myself. I had a childhood friend that survived a fire. He wasn't burned as bad as she was, but his left leg and part of his hip/chest were burned pretty bad.The whole bit about her mother protecting her just made me lose it. I remember back then he just shut himself out of the world. We visited him from the hospital but he never spoke to us. His mother explained that his father went back into the fire to save him after pulling his wife out. Something fell on his father and knocked him out, but luckily covering him somewhat well. I mean... I didn't even really think about it until I pursued her character, the memories hit like a freight train. I think it's safe to say my need or want of relationships is pretty well dried up for now, at least until I can get past this. I love the novel, I've never had a game impact me so emotionally (Even before her storyline, Which Emi's was my first.)
"We can not see past the present if we refuse to turn away from the steps we have already made in our wake."
Valtameri

Post by Valtameri »

Well i sure as hell hope it's 'normal', i've been over a week now super depressed, took me almost 2 hours to get up from bed today. I was so down that i just wanted to lay there with my misery.
Now i finally got myself up, but feeling like an empty shell sitting here and typing this... don't think i can eat anything today.
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer
alonelyguy

Post by alonelyguy »

Is the 'Feels' depression?.. then I just might be experiencing that as I finished Lilly's route,.. Never realized a VN could make me feel this way.
Valtameri

Post by Valtameri »

alonelyguy wrote:Is the 'Feels' depression?.. then I just might be experiencing that as I finished Lilly's route,.. Never realized a VN could make me feel this way.
For some that's what these "Feels" are causing, for others it might be clarity in their life, or both.
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

I'm not entirely sure what a "normal" reaction is in this case, but it's true that a lot of people seem to be strongly affected emotionally. That said, it's something that really needs to be turned toward a positive direction: rather than brood, take this emotional energy and do something with it. Keeping busy, especially with something you know will be good for you, helps a lot.
Bringerof_D

Post by Bringerof_D »

i find it strange that anyone of you would feel depressed after finishing a route. i mean understandable during the game when the bad stuff happens, but after the happy ending seems odd to me. i've never had such an issue where i finished something feeling depressed unless the ending was intended to make me feel that way.
~Hello there Kenji, I'm a psychic spy. But dont worry, I know what you're thinking. It wont hurt at all...~
SirRazer

Post by SirRazer »

Nekken wrote:I'm not entirely sure what a "normal" reaction is in this case, but it's true that a lot of people seem to be strongly affected emotionally. That said, it's something that really needs to be turned toward a positive direction: rather than brood, take this emotional energy and do something with it. Keeping busy, especially with something you know will be good for you, helps a lot.
Totally right. Well, too late now (:p), I'm already feeling better after almost two weeks of hanging around like a wet towel....still no appetite although my stomach keeps growling. Gotta feed him despite the fact that I'm not feeling hungry....whatever.

I'm playing other VNs in the meantime to weaken the impact that KS had. :lol:
Valtameri

Post by Valtameri »

Bringerof_D wrote:i find it strange that anyone of you would feel depressed after finishing a route. i mean understandable during the game when the bad stuff happens, but after the happy ending seems odd to me. i've never had such an issue where i finished something feeling depressed unless the ending was intended to make me feel that way.
I'm not sure how to explain it the way that doesn't sound totally pathetic. Nor can i speak for everyone, everyone feels different after route is finished.
As for me, i found hanako to be one with personality i've always wanted to find in life, now seeing the ups and downs how relationship with her could be, i'm depressed since i know that can never happen for real.

Feel free to laugh of whatever, i don't mind but that's just how i experienced this.
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer
TheKingOfFacade

Post by TheKingOfFacade »

Bringerof_D wrote:i find it strange that anyone of you would feel depressed after finishing a route. i mean understandable during the game when the bad stuff happens, but after the happy ending seems odd to me. i've never had such an issue where i finished something feeling depressed unless the ending was intended to make me feel that way.
I think it has something to do with the fact that after getting the happy, in this case, Good Ends. It makes some people realise that the girl (Unless you went down the Manly Picnic route ofcourse) that you've just spent 6-10 hours accompanying, spending time with and generally have a romance with doesn't exist and isn't likely to exist with quite such an exaggarated personality. I myself became very attached to Hanako, it could have been "White Knight Syndrome" but moreso the fact that I was in a similar situation when I was in school. (Having very few if not one friend and terribly shy and reclusive). After spending what felt like days getting to know her it really hit me hard upon finishing that I won't actually meet anyone who shares my interests, personality and general feeling to belong. That is what is meant by "feels", or atleast in my case anyway.
Valtameri

Post by Valtameri »

TheKingOfFacade wrote:
I think it has something to do with the fact that after getting the happy, in this case, Good Ends. It makes some people realise that the girl (Unless you went down the Manly Picnic route ofcourse) that you've just spent 6-10 hours accompanying, spending time with and generally have a romance with doesn't exist and isn't likely to exist with quite such an exaggarated personality. I myself became very attached to Hanako, it could have been "White Knight Syndrome" but moreso the fact that I was in a similar situation when I was in school. (Having very few if not one friend and terribly shy and reclusive). After spending what felt like days getting to know her it really hit me hard upon finishing that I won't actually meet anyone who shares my interests, personality and general feeling to belong. That is what is meant by "feels", or atleast in my case anyway.
You just explained my feelings too better than i did just moments ago ^^
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer
Tomate

Post by Tomate »

TheKingOfFacade wrote:
I can't relate with that, i mean, Hisao was romancing Hanako, i was just the hand of fate poking Hisao trough the right path.
Don't just eat that hamburger, eat the HELL out of it!