The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Weaver

Re: A cure for the 'feels'

Post by Weaver »

Bix wrote:then just to be safe, I'm not going to let it slip that I play a VN of dating the disabled...
Wahaha~! That's probably a good idea, Bix!! ;)
DaMan65

Post by DaMan65 »

Just hit 100%...

Got a bad case of "Dem feels" as their so aptly called. :(

Kinda sad that KS is over in a sense knowing that I've completed it.

But it was a hell of a ride, and I'll take the things I learned walking a mile (Or running in Emi's case) a mile in Hiaso's shoes on with me.
By reading this you have given me temporary control of you mind
FissionXMailed

Is feeling a bit depressed after playing normal?

Post by FissionXMailed »

Warning: The parts I hid with spoilers aren't true spoilers of me blatantly saying something, but with it you can elude and easily figure out yourself if you've at-least played the game once. So read at own discretion.

Topic. :(

I mean not that I didn't enjoy the game. Personal I think it's one of the best Virtual Dating game I've ever played. Props to the writers and creators of this beautiful game. :D However the leftover feeling I get after playing all 5 stories "Good" endings still have me a bit down. :(

(I can't force myself to play through and see all the "Bad"/"Neutral" endings, so if anyone wouldn't mind PM'ing me and providing the spoiler jist of what happens in the Bad/Neutral ending, it would be appreciated.)

Personally I thought I could handle it reading the random topics from GameFaqs over Xmas break. Also the fact I've played random Virtual Dating flash games off of NG; so, I decided to check it out and man was I in for a surprise.

The main heroines each left their own impression. Heck my first play through was hard to decide who I wanted to try and pursue, but I decided to let my first run be a random gamble.

I ended Act 1 to head towards Emi's arc. The story was a good nice emotional thriller, and the ending left a smile on my face. Happy with that ending I decided to pursue who my first choice would have been, Hanako. :wink:

Yes the story kinda went where I assumed it was, Hanako a shy timid girl who was physically, mentally, and emotinally scared by her unfortunate tragedy. However, she would in time would dynamically change herself to be a more open with the help of Hisao (The Player). I smiled at the sweet ending. So I decided to eagerly play Shizune's. :D

Man, this was kinda a bad idea. The story took an awkward turn when I got a hint from the Act 1 to Act 2 jump with the video introduction of Shizune. The fact Misha was displayed jealously looking at Hisao and Shizune gave me a bad vibe. Little did I know, the intuition I had was right. The rooftop scene with Misha made my heart sink a little since I could understand the pain Misha was going through. (Had a friend I had a mad crush over and I confessed; but they turned me down but we remained friends.) It hurt being reminded of the pain but still I pressed on to hopefully see a resolve in the story. There was fortunately an ending that set the tone right and well enough for me to play the 2nd to last story I had yet to see, Rin's. :)

Boy this was probably a bad idea to try and approach it the same. :( Toward's the end of Rin's arc seeing Rin in that lonely and depressed state hit me hard (I've hit this point in the past due to a past relationship so I was over-swept with emotional pain while playing this part). Never before has a game like this hit me like that. Especially the first H-scene with her... :( I continued to press on wanting to see Rin's ending to hopefully see the positive outcome of the story, which I did see and ended up me having legitimate emotional tears of happiness with a smile seeing this end. Now I decided to press on one last time to see the last person, Lilly. :lol:

Her story I positively liked the most. Hisao in this arc was a bit more of what I expected him to be, more self-conscience of his condition (I have Asthma, not as serious as the Main Character, but none-the-less a serious condition which I check for possible symptoms everyday) and one who looks toward the future eagerly. However it's not to say Lilly's arc wasn't a good emotional thriller as well especially with the end and epilogue. Again this caused another smile with a tear of the story's end and knowing I was personally done with the game. :D

However there's a sadness that lingers knowing each of the 6 main Heroine's pains and the struggles each go through in their respective path's.

The OST also added onto each story providing the right BG music for certain scenes. It made me cringe sometimes when I felt the mood established from the BG music being played.

All in all this was possibly a ramble post, but it helped me express my pent up thoughts about the game and my semi-depressed state is now gone. Also I'm curious of other's thoughts about the game.
94% Collected (Only have done Good endings.)
(1st) Emi: Done
(2nd) Hanako: Done
(3rd) Shizune: Done
(4th) Rin: Done
(5th) Lilly: Done
Got the "feels"? Click here for a resolve.
Kenji_SpecOps

Re: Is feeling a bit depressed after playing normal?

Post by Kenji_SpecOps »

Ayep, it is normal. It will most likely last for a week or two.

It hit me pretty bad, too. I had no appetite for like two days and had to force myself to eat something. Hanako's path def hit be the hardest.
Limbless

Post by Limbless »

Yeah, it's normal. Also loss of 'sex' (fap) drive, for weeks in some cases.
Misque

Post by Misque »

I seem to have a case of Chronic Feels, as I go from series to series, each ending with bad cases of the feels. Then moving onto another series/product that produces feels. It's just a never ending cycle of feels, worse each time!
Though once, I watched Saikano, and then went out and bought the whole manga and read them all in one-go without sleep, and couldn't get into anything else for almost 3 months. KS hasn't gotten to this point, and it's been a week since I 100%'ed.
I'm starting to read Ef, so I'll probably relapse in a week's time. ;_;
Misque

Post by Misque »

I think it hits older people harder. Because we've experienced a lot of the things Hisao, or the girls goes through.

Younger readers might not have had those same experiences to relate.
The Local Hentai

Post by The Local Hentai »

Yeah, for me it's the connections made to the characters that is quickly severed afterwards. Like meeting a new friend during a weekend outing and saying goodbye knowing full well that there will never been another encounter. Or a really good one night stand.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Or, for a lot of people who've been following the game for years, saying goodbye to people who you've been familiar with for years only to realize this is the last you'll ever hear of them.
FissionXMailed

Post by FissionXMailed »

Misque wrote:I think it hits older people harder. Because we've experienced a lot of the things Hisao, or the girls goes through.

Younger readers might not have had those same experiences to relate.
Yea. Would have to agree. But nice to see it's just the game's effect on people and not just me.
94% Collected (Only have done Good endings.)
(1st) Emi: Done
(2nd) Hanako: Done
(3rd) Shizune: Done
(4th) Rin: Done
(5th) Lilly: Done
Got the "feels"? Click here for a resolve.
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

Is feeling a bit depressed after playing normal?
Can be, can be, so, well... don't worry too much.
It just mean You're still mostly a human being. And got some feelings left.
Don't feel proud about it, don't feel bad.
We're here for You, so no worries Bro (Sis). But remember what a merry and rough bunch we, the internet folk, can be.
Last edited by NoOne3 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lloonnee2

del

Post by Lloonnee2 »

del
Last edited by Lloonnee2 on Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darkish-One

Post by Darkish-One »

I had the feels since the first the as I finished one route the same day, and for some reason, I don't want to lose these feels.

Also I tend to use the Wario version of Wahaha since forever and the people that hear me do it are use to it but a few hours ago I Wahaha~ as in Misha style, no Wario sounding and everyone look wondering why I didn't sound like Wario. The one person that doesn't know me is like, "Oh shit you play KS to? :D" Good times.
KaneTaker

Post by KaneTaker »

I never read through a VN before. I got this for the same reason as a lot of folks...a WTF is this crap kinda thing. I made the mistake of playing through Lilly first. I was DEPRESSED for two days from the GOOD ending. Her whole story is just so...painful! Then I finished Hanako and just felt great. Much more hopeful (to me). Just now finished Emi. Also very sweet. Still, liking Hanako the best so far. Thankful that the depression isn't coming back, though! Really want to try Rin, next...how painful is it...?

Oh, I'm married and 33. My wife thinks its...interesting that I "play" this, but doesn't mind. Honestly, I think I've learned from it as I was terrible at socializing in high school and had a number of dates that can be counted on one finger. I think I have honestly learned a lot about interacting through this VN.
Ryto

Post by Ryto »

Limbless wrote:Yeah, it's normal. Also loss of 'sex' (fap) drive, for weeks in some cases.
No joke. I only fapped for the first time in over a week like yesterday...I've just lost interest in it...
100% Complete.
So here's my ranking:
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>=Emi>Shizune