Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Ryto

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Ryto »

There was a topic like this a few days ago.

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5114

It got locked by a moderator. If you're curious why, look at the last post in that topic. But maybe this one will fare better.

Also, I tried to do the workout suggested in the Emi picture in that other thread with my girlfriend. She stopped running after the first running segment, but I kept going through the whole thing...hopefully I can keep it up...
100% Complete.
So here's my ranking:
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>=Emi>Shizune
Bix

Post by Bix »

Yeah, thats why I say moderation is key, (Moderation as in not going too far, not in the admin term)
Its also why I keep peppering referance to the VN in here... this is a VN forum after all.
Last edited by Bix on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
**Library 99% complete.**
1. Emi *Done*
2. Rin *Done*
3. Shizune *Done*
4. Hanako *Done*
5. Lilly *Done*
Weaver

Post by Weaver »

I've just been doing elliptical and some light weight repetitions (more for toning than actual bulk) and I'm amazed at how much I've improved in one week.
I didn't want to start flat out on the treadmill because I've been living a very sedentary lifestyle for years now and I wanted to build up some strength before taking the full plunge into treadmill land (I'll run on the streets when it warms up).

It feels really good! I already notice that my heart rate is just a little bit lower and that I catch my breath much more quickly. I realize I'll plateau and these fast improvements will slow down, but it's really encouraging off the get go to see noticable gains quickly. I'm getting prepped to start running in a week or two, I bought some proper shoes and I got my plan ready.

Good luck to everyone!
Arifu

Post by Arifu »

Glad to see I'm not the only one who went running the minute I stopped the Emi route :P
In any case though, from the moment I started KS I cut my food intake by half, went on long walks (which is really calming since i live in a rural sort of town, with loads of forest paths) and haven't had anything sweet or sugary. I'm actually quite shocked at how much better i feel physically, less sluggish, more alert, can actually wake up early in the morning etc. I only wish I had started this earlier, but it was basically Katawa Shoujo that gave me that jump-start.
Birds stop chirping. The wind dies down. Somewhere, a man is drinking a cup of coffee. He freezes, with the cup at his lips.

"Your sweater is terrible and I want you to feel bad about it."
Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

Ryto wrote:Also, I tried to do the workout suggested in the Emi picture in that other thread with my girlfriend. She stopped running after the first running segment, but I kept going through the whole thing...hopefully I can keep it up...
Congratulations you are now locked onto your girlfriend's route. :lol:
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin
Ryto

Post by Ryto »

Panty Supervisor wrote:
Ryto wrote:Also, I tried to do the workout suggested in the Emi picture in that other thread with my girlfriend. She stopped running after the first running segment, but I kept going through the whole thing...hopefully I can keep it up...
Congratulations you are now locked onto your girlfriend's route. :lol:
LOL! XD. To be honest, I pretty much am. We've been dating for over two years, and the only reason I haven't popped the question yet is because we want to wait until we've both graduated college.

Also, I'm not so sure about doing this running thing during the winter...I just did it for 20 minutes on Friday, but my throat is still sore from the cold. I had forgotten how terrible it was whenever they'd make us run in the cold in PE class...
100% Complete.
So here's my ranking:
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>=Emi>Shizune
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

@urishima
I have seen that sort of system at places before. There is a big clock that says "change now" on a timer in a little area with all the machines in a circle the times I have seen it.

So today I discovered what should have been obvious in hindsight. Do not run on a treadmill with cheap flat shoes and no socks. I was left with some very uncomfortable blisters and having to wear big water proof boots all day at work did not make it any better for after either. :lol:
Last edited by HurricaneHarvey on Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
Weaver

Post by Weaver »

HurricaneHarvey wrote:@urishima
I have seen that sort of system at places before. There is a big clock that says "change now" on a timer in a little area with all the machines in a circle the times I have seen it.

So today I discovered what should have been obvious in hindsight. Do not run on a treadmill with cheap flat shoes and no socks. I was left with some very uncomfortable blisters and having to wear big water proof boots all day at work did not make it any better for after either. :lol:
This is why I went and bought proper running shoes :P
The shoes I've been wearing are these beat up old flat foot shoes. I backpacked Germany in these shoes, I'm really not even sure how they are still in one piece :P
HurricaneHarvey

Post by HurricaneHarvey »

So I have a bone to pick with Emi's assessment of the 2nd day being the hardest. The first day back after taking a day off is SO MUCH HARDER, for me at least. I could feel my heart beat in my face and fingertips. I couldn't even keep my self up on one log during stretching after.
Sorry for my grammar and spelling. I am not very good at those...
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

I think she was just trying to be encouraging.
Modem

Post by Modem »

Well, at last a thread in which I can personally relate to.

Yes and no. I've always been off and on about getting back into shape via jogging and some other activities (not that I would say I'm totally out of shape, just a little rough around the edges), however I suppose that I've just never had the motivation in order to do so. After playing KS last Tuesday, I can safely say I've gotten into a fairly regular jogging routine every 2nd day and it feels great, I think the only downside is the fact that I have to get up at 5:30am in the morning in order to go jogging and then have a relaxing bath afterwards which can leave me fairly drained around 6pm-ish. Although, I would not give her all the credit, I've been beating myself up about it for the past month or so.

Good luck to all of you guys/ gals that are trying this out, I hope you stick to it!

Arifu wrote:Glad to see I'm not the only one who went running the minute I stopped the Emi route :P
In any case though, from the moment I started KS I cut my food intake by half, went on long walks (which is really calming since i live in a rural sort of town, with loads of forest paths) and haven't had anything sweet or sugary. I'm actually quite shocked at how much better i feel physically, less sluggish, more alert, can actually wake up early in the morning etc. I only wish I had started this earlier, but it was basically Katawa Shoujo that gave me that jump-start.
This is exactly how I feel, I've rediscovered my love for fruit and much more healthier foods like bananas etc. However, I don't think anything will make me like onions, ew!
I'm starting to hear the Katawa Shoujo soundtrack play through my head in everyday like, is this normal?

"I merely have a healthy adolescent sex drive." - Lilly

Quack!
Darkish-One

Post by Darkish-One »

My little appartments to crampt to do much except basic push ups and sit ups and as for jogging, can someone who's 60+ pounds overweight and can't run a block without stopping to catch your breath or pulling all kinds of muscles you forgot you had? Sure he can but I really need a new location since Jersey City people making this harder on a dude like me. .-.
miggy

Post by miggy »

hey bix. thanks for the advice man, i really apreciate it as do others.
Bix

Post by Bix »

miggy wrote:hey bix. thanks for the advice man, i really apreciate it as do others.
Aw you guys, making me feel all warm and loved
**Library 99% complete.**
1. Emi *Done*
2. Rin *Done*
3. Shizune *Done*
4. Hanako *Done*
5. Lilly *Done*
charmisokay

Post by charmisokay »

I am actually not inspired by Emi herself, but rather this game. I will start to run/bike around once per day just to keep my condition acceptable (:
After playing Lilly's route I started eating pizza with a knife and a fork ^^ I'm such a gentleman.