A Week of Memories part 7: Graduation

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Pl4t0

Re: A Week of Memories part 7: Graduation

Post by Pl4t0 »

As somebody who only just discovered/joined this community in the space of the past week and still somehow managed to feel sad about the entire thing, I cannot imagine the emotional energy that must be coursing through 4LS right now. Even if you all just scattered to the wind and never did anything under the banner of 4LS ever again, your impact is unimaginable (as you seem to be aware).

You say that we are constantly on the edge of the past and (simultaneously) the future. I'd like to think that it is not an end for 4LS, in this case, but just another beginning - I cannot wait to see where you guys go from here.

Whatever you do next, be it another VN, a completely unique project, or just go home to your various lives, it need not live in the shadow of Katawa Shoujo. Your future endeavors will be judged on their own merits, you have no obligation to anybody. Thank you.
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

kourousx wrote:The events that led you here seem impossible. Not just unlikely, impossible. You took a once in a lifetime internet lark and turned it into Katawa Shoujo.
You kept a team together over time and geography with reasonable turnover. You went from no experience and low experience to where you are now. You created and endured for years.
Take a low bow, all of you.

Bravo.
couldn't have said it better, man. *slow clap*

*faster, louder clapping*

*THUNDEROUS APPLAUSE RINGING THROUGH THE INTERNET*

but seriously, that was beautifully said, and such a great mental image. I wanted to cry for a second there, just thinking about it all.

again, and over and over for probably the rest of my life, thank you, 4LS. thank you so much.
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Pata Hikari

Post by Pata Hikari »

Thanks for everything.
Attabui

Post by Attabui »

For the love of all things holy.

I didn't even hear about this game until it was released.

Looking back through all the old posts, I feel like a late transfer student, becoming aware of all of the friendships and opportunities that I missed.

This game plays like some of the best books read. It's pretty incredible to see how many people you've touched.

Sotsugyou omedetou.
rifter

Post by rifter »

Thank you all again for this game.
some guy

Post by some guy »

I said everything I wanted to yesterday, but I still can't thank you enough for making a product that has actually helped me in more ways that one. Where as before I felt lost and unsure as to what to do in life, now I have a goal that I intend to reach. I would probably have kept drifting if it wasn't for KS. I really can not thank you enough.
alabaster

Post by alabaster »

I wish I'd been around to experience more of the ride getting to this point. I'm not sure what to say in a situation like this, so I'll just say what I said to those people at my own graduation who had changed my life, each in their own small way.

Thanks for everything. I'll see you around.
macfluffers

Post by macfluffers »

I never made an account on the forums until recently, but I've followed you guys for ages. As someone who's been eagerly awaiting the release for years, I'm glad that this project has come to its destination, as sad as it is now that it's over.

Katawa Shoujo has reminded me of so many things I thought I forgot. Things that I used to hold dear but let go of when they became inconvenient. Things that once defined who I was but have long gone ignored. Things that I said that I loved, but didn't love with my actions. Thank you for making me remember.

Thank you so much. You guys are beautiful.

Akira>>>Everyone else
Ryukrieger

Post by Ryukrieger »

Thank you, 4LS, you guys created a whole new beginning for many of us.
Believe me, it's just the end of the beginning of everything you've done for us, thank you, 4LS, for years of dedications and everything.
PaxLetharga

Post by PaxLetharga »

Thank you 4LS. I know you've read tons of these posts before, but I just wanted to add another appreciative voice to the chorus. I'm one of those who had never heard of KS until it was released, and only downloaded it on a whim. A week and a half later, I've started the C25K program, begun making an effort to be positive in my interactions with others, and found myself feeling better than I have in months, if not years. Judging by the flood of similar reactions pouring out across the web, saying you've created something special here would be an incredible understatement. While I must admit it would be amazing to see what else you're capable of producing together, please remember that no matter what you all choose to do in the future there will be many of us eager to see it. Good luck to you all, and thanks for everything.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Thread is not complete without that one Vitamin C song.

Thanks, 4LS. Have a great summer. I'll text you.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Lolz2day

Post by Lolz2day »

It may be the end of 4LS, but it is the start of a new story
Ockbald

Post by Ockbald »

Thank you for your hard work.

Is this the end of the blog? I wanted to hear more from you.
Blusteel

Post by Blusteel »

Well, I just registered today but I've been following you guys ever since 2007.

I just want to say thanks for everything you guys have done! Five years of dedication is truly something and the fruits of your labor really made a huge a impact. I'm not much of a visual novel connoisseur and I remember playing the ACT I demo when it first came out. I played it and I was really impressed. Of course, the only thing I kept telling myself was, "Wow, for a team of amateur developers, this game is top notch! They're definitely going to succeed with making this 'cripple hentai game'"! I seriously don't know how you guys did it, but after playing the full game, I don't know how you managed to do it, but this game actually evoked some true feelings in me that I thought I'd forgotten years ago. It's the unexpectedness of this game that really grabs you by surprise and in the end really teaches you a lesson. Again, wasn't ready for any of that but it really gave me some perspective. AMAZING GAME, IT'S BEEN A PLEASURE TEAM 4LS!! I hope wherever life takes you guys, you'll make the best of it! I'll do the same.
KROMEangel

Post by KROMEangel »

I remember just a few years ago when I heard about this game in passing, not thinking twice about it. It wasn't until the demo that I anticipated something for so long.

Thanks for the journey 4LS, and many blessings on your next destination.