The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Brogurt

Re: The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

Post by Brogurt »

Lunar Archivist wrote:This isn't to say that neither of them didn't sexually desire the other. Hisao's desire is pretty evident from the narration, but Hanako's physical reactions during their foreplay, specifically her nipples hardening and vagina getting wet, suggests that was enjoying herself to an extent as well.
Enjoyment is a strong word. There's the obvious arousal associated with thinking "oh gosh we're gonna have sex", but the descriptions of her obvious pain and uncomfortableness during the act, combined with the look on her face at any given time during the ordeal, (and yes this includes the foreplay) tell a different story.
Lunar Archivist

Post by Lunar Archivist »

Brogurt wrote:Enjoyment is a strong word. There's the obvious arousal associated with thinking "oh gosh we're gonna have sex", but the descriptions of her obvious pain and uncomfortableness during the act, combined with the look on her face at any given time during the ordeal, (and yes this includes the foreplay) tell a different story.
I agree, to an extent. "Enjoyment" clearly wasn't the right word to use, but there's a conflict between text and imagery. She definitely didn't enjoy the actual sex and penetration, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see (or read) that. The foreplay is more ambiguous. The images show Hanako with a frightened or anxious face throughout, but Hisao's narration suggests that she did enjoy his fondling based on the rhythm of her breathing and physical reactions, so there's a disconnect/inconsistency there. To be generous, the best we can say is that she didn't completely hate the stimulation.
ingordo

Post by ingordo »

Lunar Archivist wrote:
Benkei wrote: an alpha bitch like Shizune
A small correction: Shizune's not an 'alpha bitch'. Lilly could be said to be 'alpha', she's popular, beautiful (even Hanako says so) and well-liked by most everyone who knows her. Shizune on the other hand, has to force, threaten or bully people into helping her because nobody can stand her presence for more than five minutes. She's simply a beeyatch. :o
Benkei

Post by Benkei »

ingordo wrote:
Lunar Archivist wrote:
Benkei wrote: an alpha bitch like Shizune
A small correction: Shizune's not an 'alpha bitch'. Lilly could be said to be 'alpha', she's popular, beautiful (even Hanako says so) and well-liked by most everyone who knows her. Shizune on the other hand, has to force, threaten or bully people into helping her because nobody can stand her presence for more than five minutes. She's simply a beeyatch. :o
I believe you're quote-replying top this post. Unfortunately, the way you edited your post, you made it sound like I was the one who said those words. I was not. In fact, given what little of the post you kept in your reply, you didn't even need to keep my quote-box at all. The text you quoted was entirely Lunar Archivist's.
ingordo

Post by ingordo »

Lunar Archivist wrote: She definitely didn't enjoy the actual sex and penetration,

The images show Hanako with a frightened or anxious face throughout,
That much is clear to all, but it had to be that way, unless you can imagine that our panic-prone Hanako could be at ease and enjoy her first time with a man. Even more self-assured girls are described as 'tense' or 'nervous' in their own paths when that happens, and after all Hanako would normally take fright over more trivial things than baring herself and having sex with a guy. I think it's the most positive scene that could have been written without getting her out of character.
ingordo

Post by ingordo »

Benkei wrote: I believe you're quote-replying top this post. Unfortunately, the way you edited your post, you made it sound like I was the one who said those words. I was not. In fact, given what little of the post you kept in your reply, you didn't even need to keep my quote-box at all. The text you quoted was entirely Lunar Archivist's.
That is correct, unfortunately there's no way for me to alter or delete my previous post. Apologies. :oops:
Valtameri

Post by Valtameri »

agdsplicer wrote:
Benkei wrote:
agdsplicer wrote:Also, because I did her route first and felt so attached to her, I don't know if I can do the others because I won't be with Hanako.
I suppose the only time this would be an issue is when gunning for Lilly since, obviously, the two girls have a lot of overlap and so you're going to be seeing Hanako quite a bit.
This is the only real problem I'll have. I know that Hanako actually branches out and joins a club in Lilly's route, but there's a bit of copypasta floating around 4chan that goes something like Hanako hearing Hisao knock on Lilly's door and go into her room while Hanako lies in bed in her pajamas and sobs. That really put a stop to my plans to do Lilly next. Even though it's not canon and created just to make Hanako fans sad, it's still hard to get that.

Before I even played the game, I ranked all the characters based on what I knew about them and Lilly was second, but I may have to put off her story for a little longer until I get over my leftover feelings from Hanako's route.
This is my problem aswell, i'd like to try Lilly path. But just can't, i wont cheat Hanako...!
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer
Sephiru

Post by Sephiru »

I didn't like Hanako's path. At all.
She was so difficult for almost no reward. There was nothing special or exciting about her that made me want to pursue her. Not to mention getting "stuck" in act 5 with the dud choice after not taking her to the city.
Frankly, I found her very annoying and difficult, and almost exactly like my ex in every way, personality wise. And the sudden intimacy and confessions at the very end made me cringe. I practically had to chant that I was doing it for completion.
...now, I don't hate her. I just don't love her. Her route didn't make me love her and I didn't enjoy it. And for what it's worth, I actually really did like her clothes.
Terrato

Post by Terrato »

Sephiru wrote:I didn't like Hanako's path. At all.
She was so difficult for almost no reward. There was nothing special or exciting about her that made me want to pursue her. Not to mention getting "stuck" in act 5 with the dud choice after not taking her to the city.
Frankly, I found her very annoying and difficult, and almost exactly like my ex in every way, personality wise. And the sudden intimacy and confessions at the very end made me cringe. I practically had to chant that I was doing it for completion.
...now, I don't hate her. I just don't love her. Her route didn't make me love her and I didn't enjoy it. And for what it's worth, I actually really did like her clothes.
the Hanako route is filled with symbolism. if you don't ever really spend the time to immerse yourself and think what everything means then i suppose the Hanako route isn't the best choice for you. Lilly's route is pretty much straightforward as is a few others. and as for Hanako's intimate moments, they happened that way for a reason.
Sephiru

Post by Sephiru »

Terrato wrote:the Hanako route is filled with symbolism. if you don't ever really spend the time to immerse yourself and think what everything means then i suppose the Hanako route isn't the best choice for you. Lilly's route is pretty much straightforward as is a few others. and as for Hanako's intimate moments, they happened that way for a reason.
Hm, that's interesting of you to say. Maybe you're right. I just think it's surprising that you'd choose to put it that way, since I usually overthink things. It could just be "not the best choice for me", like you said. But, maybe when I'm finished with the whole game, I'll venture another playthrough of her route and pay attention to the symbolism. I liked her more as a friend during the Lilly route, though. Her development was more satisfying to me in that aspect.
Terrato

Post by Terrato »

Sephiru wrote:Hm, that's interesting of you to say. Maybe you're right. I just think it's surprising that you'd choose to put it that way, since I usually overthink things. It could just be "not the best choice for me", like you said. But, maybe when I'm finished with the whole game, I'll venture another playthrough of her route and pay attention to the symbolism. I liked her more as a friend during the Lilly route, though. Her development was more satisfying to me in that aspect.
i hope i didn't come across as though i was calling you ignorant... i would suggest a 2nd playthrough though. Once you realize what all is subtly going on in the background of the Hanako route you should find things more fulfilling.
gecko

Post by gecko »

Valtameri wrote:This is my problem aswell, i'd like to try Lilly path. But just can't, i wont cheat Hanako...!
If it can help, know in advance that Hanako fares very well in Lily's path (even better than in her own, socially)
99% completion.
Mind-worm meter: Rin>>Emi>Lily>Hanako>>Shizune
Fanfic: The lamb and the fox
Nyarly

Post by Nyarly »

Guest wrote:Which one of you guys did this?
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 826AAiqgGY
I like how the highest rating answer is just Lily speaking "Angrish".
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Anonymous wrote:He should've told her when he embraced her for the first time after she showed him her scars man.
Then be much more sensitive during the din din, more kisses, and calming stuff when she flinched.
And then finally not fall asleep like papa bear after huge meat feast, but cuddle and make sure she's close to you before you slip away.

For the love of god I knew how to handle this shit properly during my first time and I was 16 and slightly drunk.

Anonymous surprises me sometimes. But after thinking about it some more, it seems like less of a surprise and more of a common sensibility.
Yes, I'm just bitching again.