what are the best quotes from the game?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

LoveTl

Re: your favorite quotes

Post by LoveTl »

"Some things are hard to understand - like jellyfish. Do you understand jellyfish? People are like jellyfish to me. I don't understand." -Rin, ACT2 "Dandelions"
I love Rin. I love jellyfish. And this qoute was awesome.
groundzero123

Post by groundzero123 »

Im sure this has already been posted by someone else... But my favourite quote is "Ivegottogodosomething"

I have a smile everytime I read it...
Ivegottogodosomething
NubChaos

Post by NubChaos »

Act 4, Lilly Path, "Under a Bright Sky". I will bold the part I liked most from this quote.

"I'm not stubborn often, but this one time I think I need to be. I want you to stay here, Lilly. I want you to stay where everyone you know lives and where all your dreams and ambitions were made. If you choose to stay, I'll never leave your side. I won't let you lose another person. When I had my heart attack, I was snatched away from everyone and everywhere I knew. You showed me a new life after I came to Yamaku. I'd lost my past, but you showed me a future. It's true that I haven't always been there for you. I'm unreliable, sometimes I lied, and I thought I'd come to understand you when I hadn't even understood myself. I want you to trust me. I know I had problems coming to put my trust in you, after losing so many people I'd known after my heart attack, but that's how I know that being unable to trust others can feel awful. That's why I can't watch you just throw everything away like this. I never want you to go through what I did. I would do anything to stop that." - Hisao in the penultimate scene that brought me many manly tears. And the fucking music box is playing the entire time... ;_;
Been a KS fan since late 2010, and am grateful for all the devs do! You guys rock!

My faves:
1) Rin
2) Lilly
3) Hanako
4) Emi
5) Shizune
Bix

Post by Bix »

Rin~ Final Scene
I love you
**Library 99% complete.**
1. Emi *Done*
2. Rin *Done*
3. Shizune *Done*
4. Hanako *Done*
5. Lilly *Done*
crystal

Post by crystal »

Everything Kenji says is great for a laugh. ^_^
DemonOfRandgris wrote:Route: LIlly

Scene: Crescendo

Quote: I love you, Hisao. I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you!Don't go away, I beg of you. Never, ever go away. I love you, so please...!

It was such a beautiful scene for me, that nearing the ending, the route became painful for me to play through. I'm incredibly glad I did though.
But otherwise this, great scene from my favorite path.
Lilly path > Hanako path >>>> Shizune path > Emi path > Rin path.

My most heart wrenching moment...Misha getting a haircut.
Palas

Post by Palas »

"Was it you who likes to look at sleeping girls? Or someone else?"

~Rin

Oh, the references.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.

Post by Guest »

All these Kenji quotes and nobody has mentioned the best one.

Kenji: I have two theories on it: either I have some fear of receiving some undefined, ominous life-altering doom call, or I was beaten with a phone in the past. Beaten so badly I can't remember it.

Hisao: Beaten in the head.

Kenji: Well, where else could I get beaten with a phone that would make unable to remember it? The ass?

Classic.

I'm a fan of Rin's rambling rants as well. The way she tries to spill out all her feelings at once but can't find the words is heartbreaking and endearing.
Henohenomoheji

Post by Henohenomoheji »

Rin: "I'm having my period and I need some help regarding that. However, I don't feel that our relationship is yet on the level where I could allow you to pull my underwear down in the girls' toilet even if you offer to."

Currently playing Rin's route. I sense the awkwardness in the air.
There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion.
- Francis Bacon

Games I am currently playing
Daiteikoku
Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai!
Katawa Shoujo
Lloonnee2

del

Post by Lloonnee2 »

del
Last edited by Lloonnee2 on Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evvinartopski

Post by Evvinartopski »

Rin's path:

In the loft/atelier, snapping against Rin in her bad end:
Rin: "...Go away. Go away, Hisao."
Hisao: :c

However, if you avoid that end, she appears in your dorm room. The same conversation happens.
Hisao: "Look, I-"
Rin: "Go away. Go away, Hisao."
What is there to say anymore?

Hisao: "This is my room."

The scene itself is very sad... but the silliness of that moment makes it funnier than it should be.
MrJackFrost

Post by MrJackFrost »

Palas wrote:"But if I were going to kill someone, I'd do it by throwing them off the roof and making it look like an accident."

~Kenji, Emi's route, Act... 2, I guess

Wait!!! That really reminds me of Kenji's "bad" ending! There's gotta be some conspiracy! YES! That's it! Kenji must be THEIR agent!
Carpo diem! -- Seize the day!
MrJackFrost

Post by MrJackFrost »

Rin: "I really do like fireworks, even though looking at them makes me feel kinda sad, I think. It's like they want you to look at them so bad so they are loud and bright, but when someone looks, they are already gone. It's like they were not even real."

Hisao: "All of this... Real, you know?"

Hisao: "If you think about it, nothing really last for long. Even something like my life or yours is just a blink of an eye in the history of everything, like one of those rockets. Poof, and we're gone."

Hisao: "But we're here, aren't we?"

---
This + The firework scene + Aria de l'Etoile kinda describe Rin's "loneliness". Sh*t, I'm falling into the mello-dramatic mood again. (_ _")a
Last edited by MrJackFrost on Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrJackFrost

Post by MrJackFrost »

Lloonnee2 wrote: Emi: "Determination? What do you know about determination?"
Hisao: "I know that there's a girl so determined to take care of a total stranger that she'd steal his food at a festival. I know that there's a girl so determined to help me with my own problems that she'd draw up a complete dietary and exercise plan, and that she'd not only draw up the plans, but she'd follow them with me, even when she couldn't run. Determined enough to keep me at arm's length that she'd put herself through emotional pain if she thought it was the right thing to do."
Hisao: "Although, there's one thing that this determined girl didn't quite plan for, which was that I might feel the same kind of determination to keep her from being hurt. I fell in love with you, and I refuse to let that be thrown away because you're afraid of losing me."

Totally loved how he just took what happened between Emi and him and used it back, going straight through her emotional defences. This scene, as well as those quotes, are my favorite of KS :D
You know what? I actually cried during this scene. T-T
NDT

Post by NDT »

This time I cried playing this game was during Rin's route (after playing through Emi). Three quotes in particular hit me hard.

Scene: Six Meters Closer to Heaven:

I wish I could forget everything up until now and that time would stop completely. There would only be me, Rin and the sky, an eternal lunch break on this rooftop. Perfect, unchanging, and forever.

Shortly followed by:

Rin: "I think, in the end I'm not really happy with who I am either, but that doesn't mean I regret being who I am." (music being Lullaby of Open Eyes)
Then the music cuts out.
Rin: "That's the thing that's wrong with you, Hisao."

Naturally the hug was very heartwarming with Comfort playing in the background, until finally:

After Rin leaves I finally let tears roll down my cheeks and cry for my condition for the first and only time in my life.
Then I cast away that hollow person lying on the hospital bed, forever.

This had such an impact on me that Rin instantly became, and remained, my favourite character. I don't remember Hisao ever crying about his heart in other routes.

Having suffered from depression for many years, this reminded me of hard hard it is to simply let go of your past, it haunts you until you can finally accept it as a part of who you were.
happyft

Post by happyft »

Aust Kyzor wrote:"You are a beautiful person, Hisao. Please, don't ever apologize for that" ~Lilly (Act 3)

*sniff*
This.

And Rin also says something similar, but I can't find it. Hisao laments his shortcomings (I think about how he worries too much?), and Rin looks at him and says, "That's the best part of you." Really hit me like a ton of bricks. Then later on he realizes that he has 3 choices on what to do about himself: accept it, change, or give up.