Hanako's darker tiles game

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

C27

Re: Hanako's darker tiles game

Post by C27 »

I'd be shocked if there's anyone who hasn't done this often. Or if there's a vast majority that don't occasionally do it still when bored/alone.
Rin Tezuka, Painter, withdraws from society...
Rin Tezuka, Painter has begun a mysterious construction!
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

hmm. there are similar games too.
For example, stepping on shadows when you are outdoors and sunny.

I don't really think too much about it.
Although when hanako mentions about her little game, it seems very lonely and sad.
But then again, i find that side of her, enjoying such little things, to be cute~ :)
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'
AdventChaos

Post by AdventChaos »

Did it all through elementary school to the end of high school. It became less of a game and more of a habit as I got older.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

I remember doing the tile game when I was a kid. Fun times. Hell, even as a grown man, I still do it from time to time for kicks.
Ryto

Post by Ryto »

Snow_Storm wrote:I remember doing the tile game when I was a kid. Fun times. Hell, even as a grown man, I still do it from time to time for kicks.
I'm probably going to find myself doing it more often because of this game...
100% Complete.
So here's my ranking:
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>=Emi>Shizune
The Local Hentai

Post by The Local Hentai »

I usually do it outside when smoking and drinking coffee. In public, a young man in a suit, doing adult things, doing childish things. Also when holding hands with someone, it helps with the skin on skin contact sometimes.
Terrato

Post by Terrato »

ive done this... but if a floor is all one color tile i try to follow the path only a Knight in chess could make.
PharaohSauron

Post by PharaohSauron »

I've done this, and still do it when the floor allows it (and when I'm bored). I should try acting like different chess pieces the next time, though.
Remember, folks:
I'm watching you.
Zet

Post by Zet »

This now comes to my mind whenever I think about tiles.
Deltamon

Post by Deltamon »

whase wrote:some minor spoilers about Hanako's route here, I guess...

I just finished Hanako's story, and I can't get that one scene out of my head. It's the scene where she slows down walking and starts stepping on the dark tiles only.
The thing is, I do this too. Am I really that lonely to do that?
But my real question is, does anyone else do this?

(and if the writer of this part reads this, how did you come up with the inspiration to write that part?)
Games like that are quite old thing already.. Been there since people learned to jump from shape to another.. And there has been shapes on the floors for thousands of years.. :3

I even have done it for hours in World of Warcraft, while I was playing Alliance and idling in Ironforge.. I wonder how many times I have jumped on a tile there in total, wish there was a counter for it, since it was way more interesting than running around Orgrimmar's auction house roof.. D:
Hanako = Shizune = Rin = Lilly = Emi
I just don't like categorizing people. Even if Hanako will always be the dearest for me, I still prefer if they all get equal share of love.
Terrato

Post by Terrato »

This is what i think of...

[shimmie]1435[/shimmie]
leechmaster

Post by leechmaster »

i have done that too when i was younger, i was bullied alot and singled out, had little to no confidence. its funny how hanako reminds me of my younger self and to a degree still part of me.
AdventChaos

Post by AdventChaos »

Terrato wrote:ive done this... but if a floor is all one color tile i try to follow the path only a Knight in chess could make.
This, very much this.
ShadeMalkior

Post by ShadeMalkior »

My elementary school had multicolored tiles, most being white, but there was this one design that showed up at turns and intersections of hallways: an X with blue edges, a green center, and red in between. In my young imagination, the blue became water, the red lava, and the green some odd swamp. If I stepped in the "lava," I would immediately jump into the "water" to save myself. The swamp slime, well... I don't really remember. I think I just shook it off :D .
Last edited by ShadeMalkior on Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nyarly

Post by Nyarly »

I've done something similar (one of the more comfortable things that Hanako did that remind me of myself). In our local shopping center, there are long dark lines on the edges of the floors, regularly interrupted by dark tiles. As child I often went along the lines, stepping on the tiles in between. I don't do this anymore, though.