Lilly's Route

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

On a scale of 1-5 (5 being the best route and 1 the worst), what would you rate Lilly's route?

71%
19%
6%
2%
3%

Total votes: 2059

exousia

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by exousia »

I genuinely teared up and cried. The writing is amazing, with the ending making me feel exactly how Hisao feels. Lilly is a believable character and by far my ideal woman.

I loved how after you chase Lilly to the airport and get your heart attack do you wake up in the hospital. While this is happening, you feel his determination of not wanting to break up which as stated somewhere, is key for visual novels. It seems like you get the bad ending as the screen fades to black. Then fade in white and you hear the music box

At least that's what happened to be and supposedly everyone else since I guess you can get all of Lilly's chapters in one go? Please reply if this also happened to you as well :)
Last edited by exousia on Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Macchiato Joe

Post by Macchiato Joe »

I liked Lilly's route the most. It gave me too many feels for me to handle. Akira saying that they're going back to Scotland, Hisao desperately trying to catch up to Lilly, the heart attack, the hospital, the music box... Everything touched me and made me cry like a tiny baby man.
"Nigga she a tea." - Macchiato Joe on Lilly
Irandrura

Post by Irandrura »

I actually responded to the ending not with tears, but with a sort of determined panic. My reaction was: "No. No. No, this is not allowed to happen. These two people are not allowed to split up. If she leaves I swear I am going to make Hisao fly to Scotland and learn English and live there, because break-up is not acceptable."

Which I imagine is a good response, because Hisao himself was determined and panicking in that last scene. Identifying with the hero is always a good sign. I noticed looking at the other paths as well that Hisao's own characterisation changes slightly - or evolves in different directions - based on the path you take, and I thought our hero grew a good deal. I find him quite admirable as well; I can see why Lilly likes him. That's very important to me. For a romance story needs to work I need to understand why each partner cares for the other, and it would have been very easy to neglect Hisao.
Nyarly

Post by Nyarly »

I just finished Lilly's route on the good end even though it appeared to be a bad end at first and for quite a while, which made me wonder why the end is drawn out so long. Then Lilly came back. While Hanako's end was rather heart-breaking at first, then turned to be really sweet finally. With Lilly's end I can't really say what I felt because my emotions were in a real turmoil. It was very painful for a long time, especially since I didn't know how it would turn out (but I think the scenes with Lilly leaving would even feel painful now, that I'm aware that everything ends well). With that, it's pretty similar to Hanako's good end. At first it makes you pretty miserable, then it becomes really sweet (especially since it was so miserable before). But with Hanako's ending I didn't felt as if my emotions were put into a blender.

Oh, also Lilly looked pretty good in a cheongsam. And Hisao was pretty awesome, even when his heart disagreed.
Last edited by Nyarly on Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

Terrato wrote:
Slitsen wrote:And the naughty scenes where also very appropriate and tasteful imo and never went too far or being too unsuitable. However I am amazed that they dared to have sex in her summer cabin the first time with Hanako sleeping in the next room (or atleast not too far away). Poor girl probably wouldn't know what to do if she walked in on them, lol.
LOLOLOL you're right i would feel really bad for hanako... which i don't remember there being any confirmation that she was sleeping. She may have been listening in in horror D:
Lilly mentioned hanako has calm down and was asleep (if memories serve me right).

At that scene, i somehow felt that Hanako was staring somewhere. (due to her stare when Hisao hugged Lilly at an earlier scene)
And most likely goes into hiding after seeing or hearing what is happening downstairs.

Not to mentioned, the other scene, when Hisaodo it in Lilly's room.
Hanako is just next door, and she just left within 10minutes? And they started their 'game' :?

I felt that i'm cheating on Hanako.
A guilt and ecstasy feeling. :o
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'
Irandrura

Post by Irandrura »

Snelx wrote:I felt that i'm cheating on Hanako.
A guilt and ecstasy feeling. :o
I played the Lilly route first, so the Hanako route felt like cheating. ;)
Nyarly

Post by Nyarly »

Despite Hanako's route being still my favorite one, even after finishing Lilly's route (although these are the only ones I have finished so far), and her being my favorite character (although more because I identify with her, than any attraction), I don't feel like cheating on her at all. Still, I had the feeling that she appeared not often enough, which is rather strange since she isn't a rare sight and this is Lilly's not her route after all.

Then again, so shortly after the emotional rollercoaster that was Lilly's good end, I'm not sure what to feel anyway.
rodnnova

Post by rodnnova »

Like most of you... I cried oceans.
When she left with Akira, and Hisao took the paper crane, thinking to himself,
I knew he was going after her. But it was one of the most terrible moments of my life.
After all that "I love you" and "I don't want to lose you", how the hell can you leave?!
I don't know who wrote Lilly's route, but... You're the best, truly a genius.

In Emi's route I almost cried when Lilly said "I thought you forgot about me" or something like that.
I was like "NO!! I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU!!".
And started apologizing every time she appeared. lol.
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

rodnnova wrote: In Emi's route I almost cried when Lilly said "I thought you forgot about me" or something like that.
I was like "NO!! I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU!!".
And started apologizing every time she appeared. lol.
yeah, somewhere in the forum, i read a post where someone faced with the similar situation.
He wasn't able to play the game for some time. :?

For me, it was more whenHanako stares at Lilly and Hisao when they are hugging in the kitchen of the 'holiday-house'.
I too, wasn't able to play for a short time. :o
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

The route was pleasantly above my expectations from nearly 3 years ago; my first impressions of her from the Act 1 demo were that she was basically "too perfect" to the point of being boring. I was also concerned that the route would end up trying too hard to be "romantic." While it did turn out to be a rather traditional romance, I found myself enjoying it anyway. 4/5
The Local Hentai

Post by The Local Hentai »

Although it felt detached at times, it was actually pretty good. The ending was a little cut and dry in terms of endings but the delivery was emotionally wrenching. Personally I would have loved an ending with Hisao ending up with Hanako, Lilly coming back, realizing that maybe her decision wasn't the best one, but fully accepting that her selfishness has led the two people she cares for most to happiness even at the cost of her own. Or something like that.
Sephiru

Post by Sephiru »

I just finished this route third, and found it very pleasing. I'm going in alphabetical order, and despite Emi's route being my favorite so far, Lilly's was definitely a treat. It was extremely well written and emotionally engaging. Was it longer? It felt longer. I definitely appreciated the effort put into it. At first, knowing I wouldn't fall hard for Lilly anyway, I was just appreciating the meticulous detail of the route, but then I managed to get emotionally entwined. When Lilly actually said she was going to leave for Scotland, I was surprised. My jaw dropped. Not to mention my reaction when Akira first spilled it to me. This path was not disappointing. If I loved it this much, I can only imagine how much joy it brought long time admirers of Lilly.
charmisokay

Post by charmisokay »

(sorry for bad spoilers) :oops:

Wow man, Lilly's route was utterly amazing, I did a natural run, not only ended up with her but also her good ending.
Every interaction with her was pleasant and made me a little happyLike helping her with the shopping, or hug her on the wheat field. Minus the obvious sad ones like when she decided that she wanted to leave for Scotland

The sex scenes was actually not as hot as they were beautiful, I felt that they really added to the story, which is a good thing.
The end was also perfect, while it was cliché it was still amazing due to the very depth of the characters. I loved the part of her story after the credits.
All in all this made me feel that Lilly and Hisao would live together for the rest of their lives.

A huge thanks to anyone who participated in the creation of this beautiful story.
After playing Lilly's route I started eating pizza with a knife and a fork ^^ I'm such a gentleman.
yuastnav

Post by yuastnav »

charmisokay wrote:(sorry for bad spoilers) :oops:

[...]
It is okay, most people who come here played the story.

Join the club! :D
"[...] it's just a ride."
The_Thing

Post by The_Thing »

I voted a 5/5 for that one.

It will be the most indelible story ever. The ending had me choke up and had me in tears of happiness :cry: