Music changes

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Notguest

Music changes

Post by Notguest »

Which songs were changed for the final version? The most obvious changes are Cold Iron, Out of the Loop, Parity, and The Student Council, but I'm not sure if there are others. Also, it looks like Rain was renamed to Caged Heart.
Guest Poster

Re: Music changes

Post by Guest Poster »

I believe all the girl's themes were updated, though Concord's changes are a lot more subtle than the others. Wiosna has been updated as well.
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

Really? I didn't notice differences in Wiosna or Standing Tall. I guess the changes were much more subtle.
Juno

Post by Juno »

Only a few themes were not updated, and you can tell the ones that weren't because their general volume is noticeably higher.
Kirsty101

Post by Kirsty101 »

Yes, they were. It was noticeable at first, but I got used to them quickly. Although I was quite fond of the older soundtrack, I have to admit this one sounds more polished.

Edit: Pardon me, I read the first post wrong. To actually answer your question, I believe they were all updated, although I may be mistaken. It's been awhile since I played the demo.

Post by Guest »

Moment of Decision is played softly and slightly slower than the older version - I definitely prefer the newer one, I felt the older one was too "hard" if that made sense. It was an emotional piece of music, it needed that softness to bring it forward a bit more.

Shadow of the Truth has also been updated to include more instruments (and the newer version definitely sounds more ominous and fitting for Hanako's bad end - the older one, however, I think would suit Shizune's bad end more).

Raindrops and Puddles seems to have been given a complete overhaul - I prefer the older one, there's just a really lovely vibe to its simplicity.
Akira

Post by Akira »

Is "Hokabi" a new one? I don't remember it being in the demo.
It's definitely my favourite tune though.
I wanna put it on my MP3 player and just listen to it whenever I'm having a really good day :D
Evvinartopski

Post by Evvinartopski »

The changes made to Friendship and To become One are pretty neat too. I could barely hear them in the Act 1 release...

I'm sorry.
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

Is there any way to get an offical dev response? It seems like a simple enough question.
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Notguest wrote:Is there any way to get an offical dev response? It seems like a simple enough question.
A little under 10 tracks were not changed in any way.
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

AEIOU (Nurse's Theme) was changed a bit. The percussion section was toned down a bit and I think they remove the violin melody in favor of a sax melody.
yuastnav

Post by yuastnav »

I am rather sure that Air Guitar was changed, although I cannot verify that at the moment since I cannot find a version from the demo but I remember that I felt something odd about it after I hear the music in the full version and relistened to the track from the demo.
"[...] it's just a ride."
Juno

Post by Juno »

Snow_Storm wrote:AEIOU (Nurse's Theme) was changed a bit. The percussion section was toned down a bit and I think they remove the violin melody in favor of a sax melody.
That one was already changed in the v3 of Act 1.