Feelings toward Kenji.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Snelx

Re: Feelings toward Kenji.

Post by Snelx »

Kenji is my favorite side character.

In any romance anime/ game etc, there is always a male side character, and the setting is usually your male-best friend.

Kenji is the most interesting one that i ever known and seen. :lol:
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'
Fronzel

Post by Fronzel »

What can be pieced together from various paths is that Kenji was Yuuko's boyfriend. After they had sex for the first time, Kenji spiraled into a paranoid fantasy that she was trying to drain the life out of him and disappeared. She doesn't know why he left.

This works as more comic relief; he cites his failed relationship as the beginning of his "insight" into the feminist conspiracy, but the woman was actually a gigantic nervous wimp.

It's impossible to take this story seriously, though.
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

Kenji shouldn't even be at Yamaku since they don't take people with mental disorders, and in spite of his eyesight, he clearly has serious issues. He should be in a psychiatric care center, not a school.
VIVI

Post by VIVI »

Otakumon wrote:Kenji shouldn't even be at Yamaku since they don't take people with mental disorders, and in spite of his eyesight, he clearly has serious issues. He should be in a psychiatric care center, not a school.
for some reason, i think who his mental inestability is a cause of his disability. In "the manly picnic", he said who he can´t avoid his destiny; maybe his eyesight would turn worse and worse, to the point to be completly blind.That and the thing with his girlfriend was too much for his sensible mind.(and you know, "in vino veritas")

my crazy theories
-He was in Yamaku for his eyesight, and in the school he knows his ex-girlfriend.He always had that social problems,caused for his eyesight (and his backstory (maybe his mother had mental problems; at least he talk about his father, who will leave him do a nuclear shelter with all the need for survive a nuclear-feminist war...but the things who he talk about his mother are all in the past...she died? suicide maybe? his "shaman eyes" saw his mother die? :( )) he hides all saying weird things for make laughts everyone, but himself have fear about himself etc.
-or adding all his actual problems, he is gay and don´t know it. Or no want accept it. his ex-girlfriend was his first friend, and feel atracted intelectual-emotional for her (same interests) but in the moment to be more sexual, nothing happened. And he turn confused, broke with her suddenly (i actually believe who is Yuuko, too)...and his mild paranoia surges like autodefence.
-Or have diverse Phobias. Maybe fear the strong side of woman (extreme feminists) and social phobia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avoidant_p ... y_disorder or something like that.
-or all this.
Kenji

Kenji..

Post by Kenji »

I just want to say I registered just to say this. I wanted to create my own thread but thought "hold on kid".
Anyway, kenji for me always was the nice funny guy next door, but for some reason..
For some reason, when he took his glasses out, I cried like a baby. Maybe theres something wrong with me, but I dont usually cry.
I dont even think he was ever meant to be that serious guy, but, man, the "I hope you realise Im joking" line.. its like he was contradicting all of his past and maybe future(?) actions.
I really felt like he is nice, and cant stop thinking that something other than "life draining" happenned with Yuuko.
All i really want now is to find his "writter" (i heard someone was in charge of supporting characters?) and just exchange a word with him.
I feel different, and games dont do that to me- even more funny paranoid living-next-door bros.
crystal

Post by crystal »

Kenji's conversations with Hisao are hilarious. Never a dull moment. I love his over the top reaction at arbitrary things regarding women.
Lilly path > Hanako path >>>> Shizune path > Emi path > Rin path.

My most heart wrenching moment...Misha getting a haircut.
RandomWritefag

Post by RandomWritefag »

Kenji, surprisingly, did have a number of moments where he actually seemed sensible. Off the top of my head, there was one near the end of Lilly's route, where he worries about Hisao, offering to let his friend talk to him about what's wrong (after Hisao finds out about Lilly moving) and in Shizune's route, when Iwanako's letter arrives, and Kenji basically tells Hisao to stop running and worrying about "context" and just send her a letter back.

It is in these moments that really made me wish Kenji was explored more than just a comic relief.
Quitch

Post by Quitch »

He's actually quite lucid in Lilly's route.