Shizune's path

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Re: Shizune's path

Post by Guest »

Notguest wrote: I would also like to know if Misha actually has feelings for Hisao or was she just confused, also if she's bi? I ask this because I don't think I'm going to be going after the bad endings and would like to put my thoughts to rest so I can do Rin's then Lilly's paths next.
[/quote]

If anything I think there was a subconscious feeling of getting some form of revenge back on Shizune as she didn't return Misha's feelings, and I agree with the theory that she either saw or heard Shizune and Hisao having sex at her parents' house. It's not actually explained how Misha feels for Hisao in the game and Shizune doesn't find out that you've cheated - she breaks up with you after thinking that you and Misha are avoiding her because she's pushed you away like she did everyone else, and it's pretty heartbreaking to see her so forlorn. Misha's not a hateful person (even if she is careless sometimes) and I wouldn't want to think she'd deliberately go out of her way to hurt someone, but she was torn up and confused and she's been suffering a lot with this unrequited love for her best friend. I don't think she had anything romantic for Hisao, he just kind of got ... caught up in everything when it imploded.
Aelexe

Post by Aelexe »

It's implied Misha spilled the beans.
Quitch

Post by Quitch »

I really don't think it is, the tone with which the bit I think you're thinking of is spoken is too cheery, too jokey, and it occurs on both decision paths. This is one element I like about this path, that if you sleep with Misha it's your guilt that ends up driving Shizune away, not some guilt ridden confession or anything like that. Both paths are identical except in one you feel guilty, Misha feels guilty, and so Shizune becomes isolated.
Pl4t0

Post by Pl4t0 »

Fronzel wrote:Have we discussed why the picture for the Act 4 title card seems to be Shizune with a younger version of herself? Her childhood doesn't seem to figure that large in the story.
Good point - it is a little puzzling, but I think it's there because she ends up coming to terms with own competitive/childlike/semi-isolated nature.

Not that she changes that nature, just that she gets in touch with it, is fully cognizant of it and doesn't want it to hurt other people (iirc, she discusses this after her second h-scene, and I may not remember correctly). So, she doesn't discard her nature but makes contact with it, sort of like the mature Shizune in the picture reaching out to the young Shizune.
Prospektor

Post by Prospektor »

Quitch wrote:I really don't think it is, the tone with which the bit I think you're thinking of is spoken is too cheery, too jokey, and it occurs on both decision paths. This is one element I like about this path, that if you sleep with Misha it's your guilt that ends up driving Shizune away, not some guilt ridden confession or anything like that. Both paths are identical except in one you feel guilty, Misha feels guilty, and so Shizune becomes isolated.
Agreed, Hisao becomes a bit paranoid, he even has an episode where he fears Shizune might be able to read lips (although it was never ever mentioned or even hinted she can) and might have catched some of the conversation on the roof. His fear of Misha (accidentally) divulge it are more realistic, but I think Misha wouldn't - she'd keep this secret hidden in the same deep place she hides her depression.
I really feel for Misha. I'd wish for a route Misha x Miki, so she can find love, too.
crystal

Post by crystal »

I got the bad ending first time around because I comforted Misha. I didn't actually know it would lead to sex (honest :p), but it was obvious it would lead to the "bad" ending. Still, I did it because I thought the bad ending would be Hisao with Misha. Not everyone depressed. The only thing that happens different is that Misha recovers faster if you refuse her, that's literally the only tangible difference. Shizune's speculation remained as such either way. Still, it lead to drastically different endings.
Lilly path > Hanako path >>>> Shizune path > Emi path > Rin path.

My most heart wrenching moment...Misha getting a haircut.
Prospektor

Post by Prospektor »

crystal wrote:The only thing that happens different is that Misha recovers faster if you refuse her, that's literally the only tangible difference. Shizune's speculation remained as such either way. Still, it lead to drastically different endings.
First, although the thread title and OP misses a spoiler warning, it is my belief that spoiler tags in a thread about a girl's path should only be used when referencing other girls. Whoever hasn't played Shinzune's path yet and goes into a thread that discusses this path, should expect spoilers. I mean, else 95% of all text here should be hidden, and I find it harder to read than unhidden text. So, whoever reads this and doesn't want to be spoilered, GTFO :D

The faster discovery in the good and growing rift in the bad end are a result of that decision. It's not as if everything goes the same way. Now that they share a secret and can't let Shizune in, plus their guilt, creates a feeling of unease and - at least in Hisao's case - fear and even paranoia. They actually want avoid situations with Shizune, she picks up on this and thinks it's maybe her fault, and that's the end of their friendship.
So I didn't feel as if the situation remained the same either way. But I'm gonna re-read the route soon, now that one knows about Misha I think a lot of situations will be seen with different eyes.
Appius

Post by Appius »

Quitch wrote:I really don't think it is, the tone with which the bit I think you're thinking of is spoken is too cheery, too jokey, and it occurs on both decision paths. This is one element I like about this path, that if you sleep with Misha it's your guilt that ends up driving Shizune away, not some guilt ridden confession or anything like that. Both paths are identical except in one you feel guilty, Misha feels guilty, and so Shizune becomes isolated.
I agree with this. I think that the reconciliation with Misha acted as a stabilizing factor for Shizune, stopping her from reaching the conclusions she does in the bad ending-as well as the fallout from the roof scene.
"Everyone used to come here, but you know... you know what it feels like when all your teeth are falling out really slowly and you don't realize and then you notice that, well, they're really far apart. And then one day... you don't have any teeth anymore. "
Not-an-alt-account

Post by Not-an-alt-account »

Prospektor wrote:I really feel for Misha. I'd wish for a route Misha x Miki, so she can find love, too.
Yeah or the least found someone to love that would love her back. Makes me kind of wish there was epilogues.
Snorri

Post by Snorri »

Overall, it was a good path, but not quite as good as Lilly's. The whole path was fairly stable, with no major ups or down. In the beginning I thought it was a bit difficult to see the difference between Misha's own words, and when translating Shizune's. But soon enough I learned how to see it. Shizune was an interesting character to say the least. ButI didn't feel much affection from her, which makes sense giving her personality and handicap. It felt more like Hisai and Shizune were more 'friends with benefits' rather than a couple. At some some points she cared more about her duties and work than herself and Hisai and Misha. However, I have only played three paths so far, but Shizune has the hottest sex scenes so far. Especially when they have sex in the class room.

Even though Misha is not one of the five girls you are meant to befriend and date, I'm glad she had a significant role in Shizune's path. You could say that the Shizune path is a twofer. Misha was a little annoying sometimes, but over time I began to appreciate her a lot more. When I saw the opening video for starting Shizune's path, and saw Misha observing Shizune and Hisao being happy together, Misha's smile faded, I knew there was going to be some sort of triangle drama between the three of them. I thought at first Misha was going to fall in love with Hisao, but I was a little surprised to learn that she in fact loves Shizune. I really disliked Misha's new hair cut. Her old one was not that good either, but the new was definitely something downhill. The short hair did not fit her at all. It felt like something was missing, unfinished.

I was very excited that Misha had her own sex scene, although I wish it could have been a little longer, and perhaps more intimate. A bit more feeling between them would be nice. Misha looked a bit bored. Also, her short pink hair made her look too similar to Rin. I don't believe Misha had sex with him to get back on Shizune. I got the feeling Misha was feeling lonely and miserable. She needed to be comforted. She could not have that comfort from Shizune, especially after she was rejected so long ago. So, she sought it from Hisao. I was a bit confused and surprised that Hisao barely did not think at all about the fact that he cheated on his girlfriend. Honestly, I think a better bad ending for Shizune would be she finds about what he did with Misha. It would be very dramatic. Imagine a mute girl crying. Delicious drama I say~ It could also help teaching guys (and girls) to be faithful and not fall for temptations, even when their friends need to be really comforted.

I would also liked to have a couple of more scenes with Shizune's dad. He was royal asshole 24/7. It could be shown that he really does care for his daughter, but in a weird. I didn't even get that feeling. At first I was thought he was suspicious of Hisao because of his unknown intentions with Shizune, which is understandable.
Finished paths in order: Rin, Lilly, Shizune.
Favorite path so far: Lilly
You like Hisao x Misha? Then read my fanfic Listen to your heart]. Contains sex.

Post by Guest »

Snorri wrote:Overall, it was a good path, but not quite as good as Lilly's. The whole path was fairly stable, with no major ups or down. In the beginning I thought it was a bit difficult to see the difference between Misha's own words, and when translating Shizune's. But soon enough I learned how to see it. Shizune was an interesting character to say the least. ButI didn't feel much affection from her, which makes sense giving her personality and handicap. It felt more like Hisai and Shizune were more 'friends with benefits' rather than a couple. At some some points she cared more about her duties and work than herself and Hisai and Misha. However, I have only played three paths so far, but Shizune has the hottest sex scenes so far. Especially when they have sex in the class room.

Even though Misha is not one of the five girls you are meant to befriend and date, I'm glad she had a significant role in Shizune's path. You could say that the Shizune path is a twofer. Misha was a little annoying sometimes, but over time I began to appreciate her a lot more. When I saw the opening video for starting Shizune's path, and saw Misha observing Shizune and Hisao being happy together, Misha's smile faded, I knew there was going to be some sort of triangle drama between the three of them. I thought at first Misha was going to fall in love with Hisao, but I was a little surprised to learn that she in fact loves Shizune. I really disliked Misha's new hair cut. Her old one was not that good either, but the new was definitely something downhill. The short hair did not fit her at all. It felt like something was missing, unfinished.

I was very excited that Misha had her own sex scene, although I wish it could have been a little longer, and perhaps more intimate. A bit more feeling between them would be nice. Misha looked a bit bored. Also, her short pink hair made her look too similar to Rin. I don't believe Misha had sex with him to get back on Shizune. I got the feeling Misha was feeling lonely and miserable. She needed to be comforted. She could not have that comfort from Shizune, especially after she was rejected so long ago. So, she sought it from Hisao. I was a bit confused and surprised that Hisao barely did not think at all about the fact that he cheated on his girlfriend. Honestly, I think a better bad ending for Shizune would be she finds about what he did with Misha. It would be very dramatic. Imagine a mute girl crying. Delicious drama I say~ It could also help teaching guys (and girls) to be faithful and not fall for temptations, even when their friends need to be really comforted.
Shizune isn't mute - most deaf people do make noise/grunts while signing, but she makes a conscious decision to not vocalise (and I can't say her dad helped with that). I also think that rather than dare to cry in front of Hisao, she'd get Hanako-levels of angry at the pair of them if she found out. Maybe even break her rule about throwing things. :twisted: It would have made for a more emotional and better bad ending though, I agree - maybe breaking down some of Shizune's 'walls' when it comes to raw emotion.

There wouldn't be much tenderness and affection between Hisao and Misha given the situation in her H-scene, and I feel that it'd be very out of place if there was. Misha doesn't love Hisao. Hisao doesn't love Misha. It was just ... confusing and awkward, and it was written to be that way, a bit like a 'rebound' but without the prior breakup. You're after it for your own benefit, not the other person's. There was a lot of confusion and negative feeling in the both of them, and I think Misha realised that sex (especially with your best friend's boyfriend - seriously, I went nuts at how Hisao doesn't acknowledge this either) doesn't cure loneliness. Then again I pretty much hate Misha now, not only after what she did in Hanako's route (triggering a panic attack much?), but what she did in Shizune's bad ending. That girl just does not think, and in Shizune's bad ending she only ever seemed to think of herself - not of the best friend who she proclaims to LOVE SO MUCH OMG

Another point: I thought Misha was too overly melodramatic. I'm a girl, I've had unrequited love before, and yes, it sucks - but I also have a hard time thinking of something that bad that a rejected confession causes actual emotional trauma. Oh please, spare me. Shizune still wanted to be Misha's friend and still liked her as a person, I really don't get why Misha suddenly got so angsty over it. Plenty more fish in the sea, etc.
Fronzel

Post by Fronzel »

Snorri wrote:I was very excited that Misha had her own sex scene, although I wish it could have been a little longer, and perhaps more intimate. A bit more feeling between them would be nice. Misha looked a bit bored.
Did you miss the part where Misha more or less tells us she's a lesbian? Sex with a man isn't something she enjoyed.
Guest wrote:I thought Misha was too overly melodramatic. I'm a girl, I've had unrequited love before, and yes, it sucks - but I also have a hard time thinking of something that bad that a rejected confession causes actual emotional trauma. Oh please, spare me. Shizune still wanted to be Misha's friend and still liked her as a person, I really don't get why Misha suddenly got so angsty over it. Plenty more fish in the sea, etc.
I think you're overestimating your perspective vastly. Misha's angst isn't just from failing to receive Shizune's love. It's strongly implied that Misha's life has been pretty rough on her until she met Shizune, although it doesn't let on to exactly how. I think her behavior is supposed to be almost a return to how she was before she met Shizune.
Snorri

Post by Snorri »

Fronzel wrote:
Snorri wrote:I was very excited that Misha had her own sex scene, although I wish it could have been a little longer, and perhaps more intimate. A bit more feeling between them would be nice. Misha looked a bit bored.
Did you miss the part where Misha more or less tells us she's a lesbian? Sex with a man isn't something she enjoyed.
I remember her saying she is in love with Shizune. But that doesn't mean she is a lesbian. She could be bisexual. She might be young, confused and angsty, but unlikely not enough to want sex with a man if she is a lesbian. When she asked Hisao to comfort her I believe he knew she was implying making love to her. They both knew what they did was not right because Misha and Shizune, Hisao and Misha are friends, and Shizune is Hisao's girlfriend. Being a teenager isn't easy :) Ok, asking for there to be more feelings between them would probably not be right, because the main girl in that path is Shizune after all. Still, I wouldn't have minded at all if the scene was a little longer ^^
Last edited by Snorri on Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Finished paths in order: Rin, Lilly, Shizune.
Favorite path so far: Lilly
You like Hisao x Misha? Then read my fanfic Listen to your heart]. Contains sex.
Fronzel

Post by Fronzel »

Snorri wrote:
Fronzel wrote:
I remember her saying she is in love with Shizune. But that doesn't mean she is a lesbian. She could be bisexual.
I take her obvious discomfort during the sex scene to mean that she isn't sexually attracted to men. Both she and Hisao should be uncomfortable because they're cuckolding Shizune but Hisao finds the normal visceral pleasure in the act while Misha doesn't.
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

By the way, I noticed that the dialog in several scenes changes depending on whether you went the Slow Recovery or Home Field Advantage route in Act 1. It was a neat continuity touch. Do any other paths differ depending on Act 1?