Tension between the heroines

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Rengatsuko

Tension between the heroines

Post by Rengatsuko »

Specifically, I have a question of the tension between Lilly and Shizune. Having only finished reading Lilly's route (working my way towards Shizune right now), you learn that there is a tension between the two. After asking Shizune about it while Lilly was away, Shizune tells Hisao to ask Lilly, which he never did in the end (unless I missed it). We do learn that the fathers despise each other, but I don't really see how that would effect their relationship too much... I think.
Anywho, I'd like to get a heads up if this is explained any time soon, or a reason as to why they are at each others neck.
Ry74

Re: Tension between the heroines

Post by Ry74 »

Rengatsuko wrote:Specifically, I have a question of the tension between Lilly and Shizune. Having only finished reading Lilly's route (working my way towards Shizune right now), you learn that there is a tension between the two. After asking Shizune about it while Lilly was away, Shizune tells Hisao to ask Lilly, which he never did in the end (unless I missed it). We do learn that the fathers despise each other, but I don't really see how that would effect their relationship too much... I think.
Anywho, I'd like to get a heads up if this is explained any time soon, or a reason as to why they are at each others neck.
Play Shizune's route.
yukinara

Post by yukinara »

of course there is, only one of them can have sex with Hisao, that's where the tension came from
imperial.standard

Post by imperial.standard »

yukinara wrote:of course there is, only one of them can have sex with Hisao, that's where the tension came from
I wasn't aware they were competing to have sex with Hisao :lol:

"With words like these, we DON'T CURE patients, we make them INCURABLE"

Saint Peter Canisius, S.J., on polemical attacks against John Calvin & Melanchton
lushwell

Post by lushwell »

Rengatsuko wrote:We do learn that the fathers despise each other, but I don't really see how that would effect their relationship too much... I think.
Yeah, go meet Shizune's father.

Though, I would very much like to know specifics. It's very curious because a year(?) before or so they seemed to get along rather well, and I believe it arises somewhere that Shizune didn't like the way Lilly ran things... but is that all?
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

In their first year, Shizune took over the student council, and the way she ran things began to drive people away. Lilly joined during this time in order to help her cousin out: it's unknown if only Shizune and Misha were left by the time Lilly joined, but whatever the exact order of events was, it eventually came down to just the three of them. The three of them managed to throw a festival together, and apparently it still turned out better than the one the previous Student Council had thrown.

The following year, things fell apart. Shizune's overbearing manner and drive began to grate on Lilly as it had for the ex-members, and Shizune took this for slacking. They became angrier and angrier at one another, and eventually things boiled over. I got the sense that some very nasty things were said during this time: things you can't take back easily. And that led to the situation as we know it at the start of the game.
Rengatsuko

Post by Rengatsuko »

Cool, thanks for all the answers guys. GOTTA READ FAST(er).
Yuno

Post by Yuno »

It also doesn't help that one of them is deaf and one of them is blind, in addition to everything said in this topic already. They must have serious communication issues, even with Misha being involved.