Would love to see a KS 2 someday

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

TheGrimAngel

Re: Would love to see a KS 2 someday

Post by TheGrimAngel »

t0xic wrote:I have in mind 2 new girls characters with deep backgrounds of their lives. When you make decision about concept we can all share idead and search for people! :D
t0xic wrote:Oh and I and my friend could do new soundtrack for new game.

I have to go now :D bye!
Sounds awesome.

People we can do this is enough of us band together :twisted:
Why pick a favorite character? Each of the story was beautiful and touching in its own unique way.
Member22

Post by Member22 »

If you guys want to involve KS 1 characters, it would be a good idea for the writer(s) to talk to some of the devs from the previous team... at least for some writing advice and to help the new team reduce the risk of project hiatus or writer/artist block

A good starting point for an overview of vn development is to skim read the blog posts... they have very good insight and reflection as well

Good luck on this... I hope the current devs at least allow you to do this
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate
Benkei

Post by Benkei »

As much as I am enjoying Katawa Shoujo, I would much rather see some or all of the devs reunite to work on a second novel project than reunite to work on a sequel to KS. Katawa Shoujo is very good, but from the paths I've played through to completion so far ...
  • Emi path: I feel like I've seen all I need to see
  • Hanako path: an Act 5 would definitely be nice, but it's not strictly necessary and certainly doesn't merit producing an entire sequel
Thus, I'm not sure that a sequel to KS would be as emotionally or intellectually fulfilling as KS has been.

An omake disc wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. Something with just one act's worth of epilogue material for each of the five girls, not to mention something for Kenji. But I'm not even sure that you could convince the devs to regroup and make something this fluffy. Particularly the more artistic-minded of the devs who feel that KS, as it stands, is a completed work and that adding anything more would not only be superfluous but would detract from the original's value.

No, in the end, while I am really, really loving Katawa Shoujo, I'm not convinced I would want a KS 2. Like I said in the beginning, I think I'd rather just have them do a whole new adventure that deals with a whole different aspect of the human condition.
Lolz2day

Post by Lolz2day »

Really if you guys want a KS 2 then you might as well form your own group and ask the devs permission to use the KS 1 characters and the KS 1 stuff.
Rivan

Post by Rivan »

I wonder : It's been only 9 days since the release, and the guys worked for it hard and with no renumeration for about 5 long years. And yet, the demand for a sequel seems to be immediate?

I'd love an art book, or a few wallpapers, or a box of unused quotes. An updated version without typos or and two lines of dialogue and additional art per route for the next Christmast would be great, too.

Bit I feel that whatever there was to be done by Hisao and the rest is already done, and the rest is up to us... And doing something else on the same base would just be "milking it". Such things tend to become weird with the first sequel and annoying with the second.

That being said, it'd be hilarious if devs played a practical joke on us regarding a possible sequel.

Maybe in time devs will allow modding and we'll see an additional route by someone else, but I don't think that's neccessary. They have given us a very special game and I demand nothing more of them.
Progress : Lilly - finished (Good ending), Hanako - finished (good ending), Rin - finished (Good ending), Shizune - finished (Bad ending), Emi - Finished (good ending)

Lilly=Rin > Hanako > Emi=Misha > Shizune
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

I couldn't help wanting more at the end. I came to really care for alot of these characters, and it honestly feels like I am saying good bye to them now that the game is finished.
Lolz2day

Post by Lolz2day »

It only ends if you want it to end
sleepingfox

Post by sleepingfox »

i dont think it needs any kind of direct sequel. It has shown all thats needed, though, some characters could have some added to them to give it more of a complete feel, though that wouldent be that fair to the people who wanted more from other characters (seeing how hanako essentially has half of the gametime left, differance being, most of the plot for her is done already)

i feel anything continued from these, would mostly just be stuffing us with more of our addiction to some characters lol. its not some endless anime, as much fun as it would be if we could continue on with the characters

plus, their done with it as they have said, and they shouldent need to go back just cus the fans want them to, its their story lmao
yukinara

Post by yukinara »

For the sequel, I think the end of KS is fine, I'd rather work on a new story, maybe same setting and some recurring characters (Mutou, Yuuko, etc). Some old characters can return but not into the main game. It should start fresh with a new set of characters with different problems to face. 4LS stated that they don't have any plan for another KS BUT just think about it, they are fans who turn a concept into a full game, we ARE fans too. Even if the license doesn't allow to make a sequel, a name change should be sufficient, like a spiritual successor (think Xenogear - Xenosaga, Systemshock - DeusEx, Bishock, etc)

the first game was just released for more than a week but there is a demand for the second from the large fan base and there are people who want to work on it. So I think if the original dev doesn't want to, someone will pick up the project (me for example)
Lolz2day

Post by Lolz2day »

I agree that if there should be another KS that the name may be different and that it should be a different story with different characters. A direct sequel would ruin the story of KS.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Same here. How about a female protagonist and male suitors? Also, Kenji should make a surprise appearance at the worst possible time.
imperial.standard

Post by imperial.standard »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:Same here. How about a female protagonist and male suitors?
oh God, I'd sure to skip the adult scenes especially if it is centered on the male suitors :shock:

"With words like these, we DON'T CURE patients, we make them INCURABLE"

Saint Peter Canisius, S.J., on polemical attacks against John Calvin & Melanchton
yukinara

Post by yukinara »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:Same here. How about a female protagonist and male suitors? Also, Kenji should make a surprise appearance at the worst possible time.
so I'm a young girl who sleep with different handsome guys? no thanks, bishonen game is a no no for me
Lolz2day

Post by Lolz2day »

The idea of a female protagonist doesn't appeal to a major of VN players, so it's probably not the best choice. The best idea would be the usual male protagonist with the choice of only one girl, so no harem ending. Sorry if this comes a bit sexist.
imperial.standard

Post by imperial.standard »

Lolz2day wrote:The idea of a female protagonist doesn't appeal to a major of VN players, so it's probably not the best choice. The best idea would be the usual male protagonist with the choice of only one girl, so no harem ending. Sorry if this comes a bit sexist.
It's not sexist as much as "not having enough options". Bet it all in the one girl's design and hope that it will appeal to a wide base of audience. If it fails, it fails.

"With words like these, we DON'T CURE patients, we make them INCURABLE"

Saint Peter Canisius, S.J., on polemical attacks against John Calvin & Melanchton