Thoughts about the game, and a discussion topic.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Strybjorn

Thoughts about the game, and a discussion topic.

Post by Strybjorn »

Hello everyone! New guy here, only found out about KS last week when it came out. First of all, I apologize for any fuck ups in spelling, English isn't my mother language, I've got to try pretty hard to avoid sounding retarded :P

I don't think I need to say much about the story itself. I only completed Emi's and Lilly's routes, but I have no doubt the rest will be the same: heartwarming, tear-inducing, realistic, etc...
Amazing soundtrack, excellent art, incredible FMV's, wonderful writing... I can't say anything about those that hasn't been said yet. Also, like it did many others, this game did more than tug on the heartstrings, it truly touched deep inside and made me think about things I haven't thought about in a long time. But yeah, you've all read a trillion stories told by other people here, don't wanna bore you with mine.

I wanted to comment on a few things that I haven't seen discussed in this forum though (pardon me if I haven't lurked enough otherwise).

When I found out about the game and looked at the website my first thoughts were as follows: hentai visual novel about crippled girls, most probably sexualizing their disabilities, and with the crappy ass writing usually found on many VN's (of course, that changed later, but bear with me for a moment). I was about to dismiss it, but I decided to check it up, see what people thought. I saw many threads about it in 4chan, but until then I didn't bother to read any of them. When I did, it was quite a surprise. People had very strong feelings about it, and while tiptoeing around any possible spoilers, I found that this game had to be more than it seemed.

After reading about it, and then after playing it, it seems that this confusion is entirely intentional. It's a total trap. You go to the website, see the girls listed with brief descriptions and their measures and other superficial things, and you get the impression of a simple H game. Then you start playing, fully expecting it to be just some masturbation material with heavy disability fetishes (that wasn't my case, but it's the first impression anyone would get without looking it up like I did). Suddenly, you just got yourself into an emotional rollercoaster, a carefully crafted story that speaks of love, of friendship and acceptance. Also, it's not just some story: it was written, drawn, animated, and coded out of love by many people, and it shows. The love and hard work they poured into it seeped into it, and the result is of much higher quality than any other VN I have ever played. I won't go deeper into this, because you all know it and have experienced it yourselves, you get what I mean. Certainly, no one would masturbate over this! :P

Anyway, don't want to go for long(er), I just found this apparent outside subterfuge amusing. Like I said, it's like a trap for unaware perverts. Dunno if many people who were looking for a quick perverted fap have actually played it through, but I hope it happened a lot, this game is too good to be ignored.

I was going to ask a question too, but I've gone on for too long already, maybe another time! Thanks for reading my random thoughts, I would like to know if anyone thought the same about this particular thing.

Have a great day! ^_^
TheGrimAngel

Re: Thoughts about the game, and a discussion topic.

Post by TheGrimAngel »

Strybjorn wrote: Dunno if many people who were looking for a quick perverted fap have actually played it through, but I hope it happened a lot,
This game is far to beautiful to be fapped to. I'm kind of glad the love scenes ended up being fairly tame though.
Why pick a favorite character? Each of the story was beautiful and touching in its own unique way.
yuastnav

Post by yuastnav »

TheGrimAngel wrote:
Strybjorn wrote: Dunno if many people who were looking for a quick perverted fap have actually played it through, but I hope it happened a lot,
This game is far to beautiful to be fapped to. I'm kind of glad the love scenes ended up being fairly tame though.
I agree. As someone who really dislikes sex and thinks it's icky I was only slightly annoyed with the H scenes. It was really tame, at least in Lilly's route (which is the only one I have played) but then again - I have not played many other VNs with H scenes so I cannot really compare.

I guess there were some people who were rather disappointed about that but I am rather glad it turned out this way.
"[...] it's just a ride."
TheGrimAngel

Post by TheGrimAngel »

yuastnav wrote:
TheGrimAngel wrote:
I agree. As someone who really dislikes sex and thinks it's icky I was only slightly annoyed with the H scenes. It was really tame, at least in Lilly's route (which is the only one I have played) but then again - I have not played many other VNs with H scenes so I cannot really compare.

I guess there were some people who were rather disappointed about that but I am rather glad it turned out this way.
I think if they had made the sex scenes to hardcore it would have come of as tastless, especially since these are just 18 year olds experimenting. If they had started doing it like they had been doing it all their lives it would have been really weird.
Why pick a favorite character? Each of the story was beautiful and touching in its own unique way.
JustAGuy

Post by JustAGuy »

TheGrimAngel wrote: I think if they had made the sex scenes to hardcore it would have come of as tastless, especially since these are just 18 year olds experimenting. If they had started doing it like they had been doing it all their lives it would have been really weird.
Some of the H-scenes are a little raunchy but it was totally in character when it was. Most of the time, though, THAT FEEL was just too much to even fap.