Easter Egg General

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Re: Easter Egg General

Post by cpl_crud »

Eh, why not. I suppose it doesn't matter if you do or don't know the following:

"Iwanako" was my own (poor) Japanisation of the name of a girl I had a crush on way back in High school.

Room 119 was my dorm room at university

The photo of the winding road into town is the road leading into Shirakawa-go, more commonly known as "Hinamizawa"

Life of Pi was a book that I was reading when I first took up Hanako's path, as with Dance, Dance, Dance

A lot of the original scene names for Hanako's path were based around the songs that I was listening to when I wrote them (most of these are gone now).

The reference to Dad jokes was a nod to my Dad. His Dad jokes are worse than average (though I guess everyone thinks that)

When I was in high school I did work experience in an Oncology ward. I never made it to the burn ward (like Hisao says) but the oncology ward was enough to make you just want to help people. My dad also (vividly) told me about some of the burn victims that he's seen. Some of that came out in various descriptions in the H path (past and present).

The chessboard was originally coral. I have a friend that had a coral chessboard that was pretty bitchin'. She had a small burn on her hand as well.

I think there were more in there. When I play it again if I remember any I'll post them... maybe. I'm a little surprised that the other devs haven't told me to shut up about this kind of thing yet.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Limbless

Post by Limbless »

cpl_crud wrote:stuff and things
Naw, it's cool to hear about your inspirations and such. Or... read about.
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

cpl_crud wrote:I'm a little surprised that the other devs haven't told me to shut up about this kind of thing yet.
I hope they never tell you that. I've always been a fan of those 'making of' extras on dvds and the like. It's really interesting to see how things came together and evolved into a finished form. Which is why it was sad to hear none of the old development material will be used in a making of Katawa Shoujo special. I like seeing things like you've posted giving a little insight into the process.
BrothaBlacks

Post by BrothaBlacks »

In the moving crowd of silhouettes that appears during some scenes, its seems as though Shizune's, and maybe Emi's, old character art can be seen as one of the people.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

cpl_crud wrote:Room 119 was my dorm room at university
What in the game is room 119?
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:
I could be wrong but I am fairly certain it's Hisao's room.
ExTeeYuu

Post by ExTeeYuu »

Japanese Sign Language was used by famous potter, Aoki Mokubei during the Edo Period. don't know if it coincidence or just an interesting fact
NoOne3

Post by NoOne3 »

cpl_crud wrote:I'm a little surprised that the other devs haven't told me to shut up about this kind of thing yet. :(
Yeah. You're totally getting fired for that.

No, wait...

Edit: By the way, it's very nice of you, to let us peek into your creative process.
Last edited by NoOne3 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Shintai wrote:
Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:
I could be wrong but I am fairly certain it's Hisao's room.
I thought it might be that, but doesn't Emi in her path when she was in the wheelchair say she couldn't see him once because the elevator was broken?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

It's definitely Hisao's room. (Ref. Act 1, "Nobody's Room")
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
LewaKal

Post by LewaKal »

Not sure if this counts as an Easter Egg, because it's really more of a reference, but during a discussion with Kenji in Shizune's path, he mentions that he once blinded her with light that bounced off his glasses. At this point, he says "Behold! Optic Blast!" This is what Cyclops says in Capcom's Vs. series whenever he uses his Hyper Optic Blast. Being a huge fan of the Vs. series, I lol'd my ass off.
luinthoron

Post by luinthoron »

cpl_crud wrote:The photo of the winding road into town is the road leading into Shirakawa-go, more commonly known as "Hinamizawa"
I thought it looked like Shirakawa-go when I first saw it again in the final release. Wasn't absolutely sure, though. Should have remembered your collection of photos from there...
Ry74

Post by Ry74 »

The exterior shots of Yamaku (the gate and courtyard, at least), are from Brown University, Rhode Island, and the main building shown is actually Andrews Hall. I knew this because that's where my grandpa went to college after he got back from the war. Not sure if he'd have approved of his alma mater being used in an eroge. :)
Lihtnael

Post by Lihtnael »

Is it just me,or Rin's smoking scene was inspired by the Requiem for a dream movie?
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

Evvinartopski wrote:People that are well-known with anime-characters will have a blast looking at CGs with random bystanders in them.

In Emi's route, the nurse jokingly quotes Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Hisao doesn't pick up on it though, earning himself a frown from the nurse.
What was the quote?
Also, as far as book titles go, the one about the postal system is The Crying of Lot 49.

By the way, were all the references to Emi being popular an intentional reference to the meme?