This game has destroyed my head...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Valtameri

Re: This game has destroyed my head...

Post by Valtameri »

t0xic wrote:They are so diffrent from my country girls I guess

They are more romantic, they are more emotional and they can appreciate being romantic I guess...
Really? Sounds too good to be true... but if i may ask, how do you know this?
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer
gammaraptor

Post by gammaraptor »

I felt that way too. Now it's a lot better though, unless I decide to replay the Hanako route again xD. I don't think I should do that until I finish exams.
t0xic

Post by t0xic »

Valtameri wrote:
t0xic wrote:They are so diffrent from my country girls I guess

They are more romantic, they are more emotional and they can appreciate being romantic I guess...
Really? Sounds too good to be true... but if i may ask, how do you know this?

Well diffrent culture :D I hope they are like that haha ^^ :D
gogosendai

Post by gogosendai »

You think Japanese girls are more like whom you find in this game compared to girls in other countries? Ah.. yes, umm.. maybe, well .. hard to judge. They are definitely more shy than western girls in general, but of course the characters in the game are a bit too stereotypical to categorize all women. I personally feel there are Hanako like girls, Shizune, Rin, Emi as well. It'll be a bit difficult to find Lilly like polite girl though you can find many in animes. Anyway, if you want to find such girls you should behave like Hisao, can you do that (except his physical condition)? I'm just curious, whether it's uncommon for you (I don't know which country, the US?) to keep talking a roundabout way with a girl like Hanako for ages or not in your real life. In Japan, that kind of talk happens, yes, often. "I love you" for Japanese youths is a very heavy word and it often needs huge amount of time to be pronounced.
t0xic

Post by t0xic »

gogosendai wrote:You think Japanese girls are more like whom you find in this game compared to girls in other countries? Ah.. yes, umm.. maybe, well .. hard to judge. They are definitely more shy than western girls in general, but of course the characters in the game are a bit too stereotypical to categorize all women. I personally feel there are Hanako like girls, Shizune, Rin, Emi as well. It'll be a bit difficult to find Lilly like polite girl though you can find many in animes. Anyway, if you want to find such girls you should behave like Hisao, can you do that (except his physical condition)? I'm just curious, whether it's uncommon for you (I don't know which country, the US?) to keep talking a roundabout way with a girl like Hanako for ages or not in your real life. In Japan, that kind of talk happens, yes, often. "I love you" for Japanese youths is a very heavy word and it often needs huge amount of time to be pronounced.

For me "I love you" means also a lot :) I'm more like old fashion love :)

Well Hisao... Yea sometimes I behave like him but I don't like when he goes like in the road of that he tries to protect someone to much so that person is angry at him (Hanako for example when ... you now when).

I don't categorize girls but I never meet girl like any romantic visual novel/anime etc (I'm from Poland) so I think I will find in Japan right :D?
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

I will just like to say, not all Japanese girl are shy or elegant as KS or anime.

Well, the traditional ones are, but they behave this way is largely due to the male-dominance in Japan, in the past.
(such that they view males more important than females)

And now, with the genders-barrier being overcome, some Japanese girl are much more open than the guys in the country.
Not to mention the infamous 'business' revolving around Japanese high-school girls.

I'm not trying to say anything bad, or bring country/ gender conflicts into here.
but just that, each country has their good variety of girls' types.

I am from Asian, and yes, i do think there are more girls over here are who are the conservative types.
But there are those who are very outgoing.

I have seen many girls like Emi.
Lilly is someone who is only possible with rich family background, goes to well-known all-girl school etc, and i have not met any of those.
Shizune is quite common, as the class-president or the student who is favored by the teacher. And yes, i have seen a few girls that likes to 'control' people.

Hanako is quite hard to notice.
because most quiet girls, generally doesn't care about their appearance/ did not put much effort in it.
hence, not standing out in the crowd.
But yeah, there are quite a handful of quiet girls, but i didn't talk to many of them.
And most tend to open out after a few talks.
They are shy with human conversation, but not like Hanako who dislikes humans, hence not talking to them.
there is huge difference.

As to Rin,
she is as rare as mew.
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'
C27

Post by C27 »

I know it's been said many times before, but DEM FEELS. My head and heart, ended up a little bit cracked too. Rin and Hanako both really hit home with me, since they're both very much like I am on the inside. It felt like taking a long, hard look into a mirror. Thanks, 4LS, for writing this and for understanding what it's like.
Rin Tezuka, Painter, withdraws from society...
Rin Tezuka, Painter has begun a mysterious construction!
t0xic

Post by t0xic »

Snelx wrote:I will just like to say, not all Japanese girl are shy or elegant as KS or anime.

Well, the traditional ones are, but they behave this way is largely due to the male-dominance in Japan, in the past.
(such that they view males more important than females)

And now, with the genders-barrier being overcome, some Japanese girl are much more open than the guys in the country.
Not to mention the infamous 'business' revolving around Japanese high-school girls.

I'm not trying to say anything bad, or bring country/ gender conflicts into here.
but just that, each country has their good variety of girls' types.

I am from Asian, and yes, i do think there are more girls over here are who are the conservative types.
But there are those who are very outgoing.

I have seen many girls like Emi.
Lilly is someone who is only possible with rich family background, goes to well-known all-girl school etc, and i have not met any of those.
Shizune is quite common, as the class-president or the student who is favored by the teacher. And yes, i have seen a few girls that likes to 'control' people.

Hanako is quite hard to notice.
because most quiet girls, generally doesn't care about their appearance/ did not put much effort in it.
hence, not standing out in the crowd.
But yeah, there are quite a handful of quiet girls, but i didn't talk to many of them.
And most tend to open out after a few talks.
They are shy with human conversation, but not like Hanako who dislikes humans, hence not talking to them.
there is huge difference.

As to Rin,
she is as rare as mew.

Still thanks for hints ^^
Harlequin13

Post by Harlequin13 »

Today I had a special dream. I never thought I'd have one of these but thanks to KS, well...

In school I've never had much problems with getting friends and such. I guess I should be thankful, because even though I'm a quiet and nonsocial person, it's never been a problem for me. High school was no different in that regard. I got friends in a short manner of time. I don't talk with them anymore, but we were very good classmates back then in any case.

When I first got there, my mindset was "I'll get through this one way or another". It's been like that for me most of my life. On the very first day I got there, this girl who happened to be in my class took a seat next to me. We exchanged "helloes". It sounded awkward, it felt awkward too. This girl looks like Hanako, without the scars and with dark brown hair instead of the slightly purple hair. Her eyes seemed big - they'd actually remind you of anime eyes. Yes, she was cute. I didn't think that far back then, AT ALL. I didn't care about girls or having some sort of relationship. I just wanted to get through school with decent grades. That's it. But also... I never thought I had a chance with anyone anyways. I don't think I look that horrible, not good, but not horrible either. But it didn't matter, I never thought I had a chance and thus never cared about it.

She sat next to me and was drawing something. I tried to look and see what it was - it was some anime face. It was easy to spot the big eyes, so. I'm pretty sure I asked her if she liked anime and things like that. She did (obviously). After that she ended up asking me a bunch of questions, and much later aswell, days later. Apparently she liked reading too. Yea, that's right.

Does this not sound like a wonderful scenario? It does, doesn't it. But I never cared. At some point I became friends with some of the guys in class. When that happened, we just started "drifting apart". I never tried talking to her myself really, she was always the one to talk with me. She was kind like that. But obviously when I was with the guys, she didn't want to talk with me - she was shy, abit atleast.

I probably missed something, but this is basically how it was. This girl might actually have liked me "more" than usual, but I never thought as far as that myself. Ever. It never ocurred to me. And now, it's depressing. I should've talked to her more. She was nice you know, a nice and gentle person.

Well, last night I dreamt that I was gonna go on a date with this girl. There was some more stuff in that dream (my dreams are never simple), but still. I didn't get to see the actual date before waking up, but we were going.

The Local Hentai

Post by The Local Hentai »

You really shouldn't think about it too much. Because sure, she could have been this magnificent girl that you could have ended up marrying but the chances of her stabbing your throat with a butter knife is just about the same. What I have learned during these past few years is that, it's never too late to catch up, especially with the 'nets AND that feelings even past high school will sometimes never die.

My high school experience was similar, there were girls that I was really interested in, and should have dated, but I was too worried about the wetness at the lip of my pant zipper from a bunch of other girls to actually get into a relationship. Maybe I would be married now with a child, instead of having random casual sex with girls from the anime convention dance... But again, it's all based on chance.
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

Harlequin13 wrote: I probably missed something, but this is basically how it was. This girl might actually have liked me "more" than usual, but I never thought as far as that myself. Ever. It never ocurred to me. And now, it's depressing. I should've talked to her more. She was nice you know, a nice and gentle person.

Well, last night I dreamt that I was gonna go on a date with this girl. There was some more stuff in that dream (my dreams are never simple), but still. I didn't get to see the actual date before waking up, but we were going.

Called her up. And say something like long time no see how are you doing.
What about a cup of tea sometime? :)

Is better to know whether could love actually happen between the 2 of you,
then to regret not trying it.
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'
Valtameri

Post by Valtameri »

t0xic wrote:Well diffrent culture :D I hope they are like that haha ^^ :D
Ehm, i hope they are :D But i'd like to hope there are girls like that elsewhere too, maybe in my country (i'm from Finland). Dunno where to find them shy ones tho...
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer
Valtameri

Post by Valtameri »

Harlequin13 wrote:Does this not sound like a wonderful scenario? It does, doesn't it. But I never cared. At some point I became friends with some of the guys in class. When that happened, we just started "drifting apart". I never tried talking to her myself really, she was always the one to talk with me. She was kind like that. But obviously when I was with the guys, she didn't want to talk with me - she was shy, abit atleast.

I probably missed something, but this is basically how it was. This girl might actually have liked me "more" than usual, but I never thought as far as that myself. Ever. It never ocurred to me. And now, it's depressing. I should've talked to her more. She was nice you know, a nice and gentle person.

That sounds good indeed. And i know the feeling, there was one cute looking shy girl in my class too back in the days. Too bad i myself was abit too shy to go just talk to her or ask her out... Maybe you should try to contact the girl from your class?
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer
t0xic

Post by t0xic »

Valtameri wrote:
Harlequin13 wrote:Does this not sound like a wonderful scenario? It does, doesn't it. But I never cared. At some point I became friends with some of the guys in class. When that happened, we just started "drifting apart". I never tried talking to her myself really, she was always the one to talk with me. She was kind like that. But obviously when I was with the guys, she didn't want to talk with me - she was shy, abit atleast.

That sounds good indeed. And i know the feeling, there was one cute looking shy girl in my class too back in the days. Too bad i myself was abit too shy to go just talk to her or ask her out... Maybe you should try to contact the girl from your class?

I never had shy girls in the class -_- most of them was agressive, selfish or stupid XD
Valtameri

Post by Valtameri »

t0xic wrote:I never had shy girls in the class -_- most of them was agressive, selfish or stupid XD
Well, most of them were too :D She was an rare exception, that i never get to know better... makes me mad nowadays to think about it.
It sits in silence
Eats away at me
It feeds like cancer