Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

sporkaganza

Re: Ask!

Post by sporkaganza »

Guest wrote:How many different sexual partners did Emi have?
How many times do you guys think someone will ask a variation on this fucking question?
Bonus: How many times do you think they will use the word "slut"?

Post by Guest »

sporkaganza wrote:
Guest wrote:How many different sexual partners did Emi have?
How many times do you guys think someone will ask a variation on this fucking question?
Bonus: How many times do you think they will use the word "slut"?
Well, you see, I had asked the question before, but I saw Hivemind was answering questions now, so thought I'd go for it again.
Triptotrno

Post by Triptotrno »

What is the name of Hanako's cutscene music, and where can I get a full version of it?
Talifan9

Post by Talifan9 »

Triptotrno wrote:What is the name of Hanako's cutscene music, and where can I get a full version of it?
If you mean the Act 1-2 transition scene, I believe it was created specifically for the game. A modified version of it can be found in the game jukebox, though the actual scenes themselves are not present. I remember reading back in this thread and seeing that the team was debating releasing a soundtrack as a free download, and thinking of whether to include the modified versions or not.

Hope that answers your question.
Trace107

Post by Trace107 »

What ever happened to the direct downloads? Are those coming out or am I going to have to get a torrent?
Swibble

Post by Swibble »

Sorry if this has been asked before, but did you program the game software from scratch? Other than common libraries or whatever.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Question for all of the developers:

Is there one single contribution that you made to the project that you can hold up and say, "this is what I am most proud of"?

For an artist, it might be a CG. For a writer, it might be a particular scene that they wrote. For delta, it might be a bit of backend magic that he worked. That stuff.
Yume

Post by Yume »

Guest wrote:Does Hanako taste like bacon? I have heard rumors to that effect.
Rin does seem to think she taste good.
TalismanTwelve

Post by TalismanTwelve »

This will be the last question I have for all of the KS developers. No matter what task a person sets out to do, most often they end up stopping at some point through, whether it be boredom, procrastination or just relative depression at the failures necessary to achieve success.

Why did you all decide to start KS in the first place. What drove you to look at a scan of Raita's doujin page and think to yourselves; "I'm going to make that!" I'm not asking for the cheap, indirect answer of, "why not?", or "We Felt like it."

What seriously drove all of you to make this visual novel in the first place, going through so many experiences and spending 5 years of your life on?
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Caesius wrote:Question for all of the developers:

Is there one single contribution that you made to the project that you can hold up and say, "this is what I am most proud of"?

For an artist, it might be a CG. For a writer, it might be a particular scene that they wrote. For delta, it might be a bit of backend magic that he worked. That stuff.
The tile game. It was such a small thing but it odo snaffected so many people. It was basically a variation of something most of us do anyway.

That or the problem is in your pants, but memory of who actually came up with it escapes me.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Nagatoyuuki wrote:
Aura wrote:
Nagatoyuuki wrote:Question to any of the writers. Though I understand that your free time was mainly working on the project, as a writer myself must know; During development, or whilst planning out or writing scenes, did you ever get any ideas or inspiration for stories not related to KS?
Sure, we thought up and even wrote plenty of other stuff.
Did you ever feel that you wrote said stuff because you wanted to get your mind of KS for a while? Or as an embellishment on your understanding of your characters or motives?
At least I don't feel that way.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Caesius wrote:
Aura wrote:The design of Act 1 was that unless you chased after Hanako/Lilly/Shizune, you'd probably end up with Emi. It doesn't mean that we meant players to read it first, however. The stories are not dependent on each other, they can be read in any order.
There is, however, the issue of the letter from Iwanako. Someone who has read through one of the other routes before getting on Emi's is likely to have a very different reaction to Hisao throwing away the letter. Was this considered?
The letter was added after Act 1 was released, so no.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

McBaggin wrote:
Aura wrote:
McBaggin wrote:What would each girl dress up as for Halloween ?
http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/post/list/halloween/1
In your opinion Aura what would you imagine Rin dressing up?
A duck.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

OneSpecialDR wrote:Aura, I personally want to know. If I want to know what project you are doing next, how do I know about them?
Twitter and the blog, most likely.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Yume wrote:At the moment Katawa Shoujo is ranked 6th for PC games on Gamestop.

How does it feel knowing that your team could very well be the catalyst that would bring the Visual Novel genre to much higher popularity in western nations?

Also, do you guys prefer happy endings or bittersweet endings? I haven't played all the routes yet to know what this game has, but from my experience with other VNs usually the true end is a happy end. I think that while happy ending would be the more popular ending, a bittersweet ending could leave a longer lasting impact.
I still think VNs are a pretty cool medium, so anything to make them more popular is a great thing.

If I had to choose, I'd probably prefer a bittersweet ending.