Has anyone else appreciated the music this much?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

manly tearz

Re: Has anyone else appreciated the music this much?

Post by manly tearz »

my emotions start acting up when i hear painful history
EvilDragon

Post by EvilDragon »

O hai guys. Long time not posting on this board. Life, and such...

Anyways, I started with Hanako's route. Because Hanako. Because Painful History. Seriously, the piano work in the soundtrack is amazingly good. I play piano, and this shows. Very beautiful melodies and great composition!

However, I have only one major niggle with the whole soundtrack. The guitars all sound really fake unfortunately. :( I know that NicolAmarfi and Blue did some tracks, can anyone please tell me who else was involved in making of the soundtrack? I'd like to contact those brilliant people and have a chat with them. Perhaps suggest some things before the official soundtrack is released. In the meantime I stocked up on some sample libraries, so I have Orange Tree Evolution Acoustic Guitar Steel, and Ilya Efimov Nylon Guitar, and they beat the crap out of any MusicLab guitar VST that was likely used at places throughout this soundtrack (I can smell that sound miles away how much it stinks :D)
yuastnav

Post by yuastnav »

EvilDragon wrote:O hai guys. Long time not posting on this board. Life, and such...

Anyways, I started with Hanako's route. Because Hanako. Because Painful History. Seriously, the piano work in the soundtrack is amazingly good. I play piano, and this shows. Very beautiful melodies and great composition!

However, I have only one major niggle with the whole soundtrack. The guitars all sound really fake unfortunately. :( I know that NicolAmarfi and Blue did some tracks, can anyone please tell me who else was involved in making of the soundtrack? I'd like to contact those brilliant people and have a chat with them. Perhaps suggest some things before the official soundtrack is released. In the meantime I stocked up on some sample libraries, so I have Orange Tree Evolution Acoustic Guitar Steel, and Ilya Efimov Nylon Guitar, and they beat the crap out of any MusicLab guitar VST that was likely used at places throughout this soundtrack (I can smell that sound miles away how much it stinks :D)
As far as I know all the ingame tracks were made by other Nicol or Blue.
More information here. At least some paragraphs.
"[...] it's just a ride."
NomadicElectron

Post by NomadicElectron »

manly tearz wrote:my emotions start acting up when i hear painful history
Same here, though even more with the music box song.
Hanako>Lilly>Emi>Rin>Shizune
GoRiLLa

Post by GoRiLLa »

Just finished all Routes and I must say the music puts so much to this.
My favourite tracks are Moment of Decision and Shadow of the Truth.
Most likely because they are playing in the scenes with the most emotions in them.
What's the word for when it feels inside your heart that everything in the world is all right?
-Rin
Terrato

Post by Terrato »

manly tearz wrote:my emotions start acting up when i hear painful history
its not just you ~rivers of tears~
Omurice

Post by Omurice »

Lessee, I'm using the Katawa Shoujo OST as meditation music (since I attend yoga class), does that count? :idea: