Katawa Shoujo full flowchart

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Feuver

Re: Katawa Shoujo full flowchart

Post by Feuver »

anarki wrote:To avoid confusion, I think that the Hanako route just needs to have the choice option added after "let's do nohing". The way it's depicted now, based on the rest of the flowchart, implies that after choosing "let's do nothing" you don't get to make any more choices (which is what confused me in the first place), even if both choices end up in the bad ending.

It's a small detail that doesn't deserve to generate a new version by itself, but I feel it would be a nice touch to people new to Hanako's route
Oh, I guess I could add that. I'll keep it in mind for the next update.
fireyice

Post by fireyice »

Thanks very much for all your hard work. I noticed something small that I thought seemed out of place. (v 2.6)

From one of the scenes with Shizune (Even Horizon) the line leading to Home Field Advantage says

If training flag > 1

If training greater than 1, but I was under the impression that the training flag could only be 0 or 1.
Levy

Post by Levy »

Rin's path is a clusterf**k! Was that intentional to pander to her unpredictability?
My little record, apparently. :)
RikuDawn

Post by RikuDawn »

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.
Last edited by RikuDawn on Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Later, losers.
Levy

Post by Levy »

RikuDawn wrote:
Levy wrote:Rin's path is a clusterf**k! Was that intentional to pander to her unpredictability?
http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/image/1.jpg
"The most difficult one to get." Might have something to do with that.
Well in what sense are we talking "hard to get?" As in romantically or hard to understand? Or both? I kinda thought they tossed that bit aside considering how easy her path is to get in Act 1. Guess because of that they had to hold true to the original description with that. Wow all those decisions made my brain hurt.

Would have been interesting if we could have seen her eating with chop sticks instead of a fork though. I couldn't imagine how difficult it would be, though.
My little record, apparently. :)
tmaxxnc

Post by tmaxxnc »

thanks for the time you put into making this chart but would it be possible for you to make a text only flowchart/walk through some people may find the one you made a bit confusing not everyone may understand a spider style path guide no offense
Feuver

Post by Feuver »

fireyice wrote:Thanks very much for all your hard work. I noticed something small that I thought seemed out of place. (v 2.6)

From one of the scenes with Shizune (Even Horizon) the line leading to Home Field Advantage says

If training flag > 1

If training greater than 1, but I was under the impression that the training flag could only be 0 or 1.
Yeah, I'm working on just making flags be jut = 1 or = 0, to make sure there's no confusion, but there is a mistake there, yeah. Working on a fix now.
Feuver

Post by Feuver »

Levy wrote:
RikuDawn wrote:
Levy wrote:Rin's path is a clusterf**k! Was that intentional to pander to her unpredictability?
http://shimmie.katawa-shoujo.com/image/1.jpg
"The most difficult one to get." Might have something to do with that.
Well in what sense are we talking "hard to get?" As in romantically or hard to understand? Or both? I kinda thought they tossed that bit aside considering how easy her path is to get in Act 1. Guess because of that they had to hold true to the original description with that. Wow all those decisions made my brain hurt.

Would have been interesting if we could have seen her eating with chop sticks instead of a fork though. I couldn't imagine how difficult it would be, though.
I think the writer of Rin's path took a lot of freedom in making multiple choice, so that you never really knew if you understood Rin or not. Due to all the choices, it also gets confusing, because you don't know if you're doing the right thing or not, causing confusion between the character, the player, and RIn herself. It was a real bitch to put into flowchart, so I made it as understandable as I could.

Post by Guest »

after all rin is the easiest to clear as the only choice that really matters is the last one unlike all the other girls
shadowbb

Post by shadowbb »

You think Shizune is more difficult?
**Library 100% complete.**

1. Lilly *Done*
2. Hanako *Done*
3. Emi *Done*
4. Rin *Done*
5. Shizune *Done*
Feuver

Post by Feuver »

I've seen a lot of request for a timeline, so I might just start working on one.

So far, spoiler here
Emi and Rin's arc ends somewhere after mid-term exams
Lilly and Shizune's arc ends after the entire school year
Hanako ends during Lilly's trip.
Nivrin

Post by Nivrin »

Feuver wrote:I've seen a lot of request for a timeline, so I might just start working on one.

So far, spoiler here
Emi and Rin's arc ends somewhere after mid-term exams
Lilly and Shizune's arc ends after the entire school year
Hanako ends during Lilly's trip.
It's a bit confusing because there are no actual dates (a good thing) so you have to rely on events that would happen regardless of which path you choose (I.e, exams, festivals, Lily's trip, Hanako's birthday.

I'd like to see a timeline to set the story arcs straight.
The sky changes every day but it always stays the same. Humans don't have that luxury.

Haphazardly butchered together from the immortal words of Rin.
Harco

Post by Harco »

I thought Lilly's route ended about two months after his heart attack, so somewhere around September/October?

I could be wrong, though. Details like those leave my head way too quick.
shadowbb

Post by shadowbb »

Pretty sure Lilly's route ends during the beginning of summer vacation or somewhere around there. They did miss Tanabata.
**Library 100% complete.**

1. Lilly *Done*
2. Hanako *Done*
3. Emi *Done*
4. Rin *Done*
5. Shizune *Done*
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Depending on which date they used for Tanabata, it might even be before the summer vacation. They are still at Yamaku after all.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.