A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Re: Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

Post by Guest »

No footjob?
ultrarare

Post by ultrarare »

Guest wrote:No footjob?
That was my only gripe in this hole affair. How could my waifu not give a simple footjob! I mean come on! :cry:
Levy

Post by Levy »

Wow, Rin's patch is really confusing. I don't think I would have gotten that other scene without looking at her path map. So many choices. Maybe that was kinda why I enjoyed Shizune's path more, a simple good ending/bad ending if you made a single choice in act 3. Unless I missed something, which I doubt.
My little record, apparently. :)
ScrotieMcBoogerballs

Post by ScrotieMcBoogerballs »

Just finished Rin's path (my first one). Total mindfuck. I wasn't expecting something like this at all.
I was not only surprised with the complete change of tone from the first act, but also to find out that Rin isn't cynical and sarcastic as I first judged her in the demo, but truly... dense.
I loved her, even though she annoyed me with her changes.

The teacher is a douchebag.
I also wasn't expecting Hisao to be a douchebag as well, and to become an anti-social loner.
I missed talking to Kenji and Misha. Also he acted like a drama queen at one point.

All in all, this game is awesome.
The art, the music and the writing, everything's incredible.
Truly amazing.
Xuan

Post by Xuan »

I don't get why people are fussing over bad ends. I've went through three routes (Shizune, Lily, Rin) and Lily's bad end is actually the good end cut short, and Rin's bad end involvesa conversation brought in too soon, too early, and would STILL be read as you proceed further into the good end. The stories yes, but I don't get the emotional outbursts on the bad ends, like, why...?

Rin's route is pretty special in that one, it invokes scenes one do not usually see in real life (and never read story books) and dwells deeply on the issue of individuality. That is, understanding between people does not come as easily as many would think, especially when a person plainly refuses or is ignorant to society rules that people usually conform to. In Rin's case, she's just ignorant and unable to convey it in the way she wanted. Put it this way: If you love me, then take a knife and stab me in the heart. No one sane (as in society/morally conscious) would do this, but to me, who spoke every single word from my heart and believed it, I can only comprehend the other party's refusal as an admission that they do not love me.

In short, Aura actually conveyed the concept rather mildly so to speak; it could've been way, WAY darker if he wanted to write it so, and I was actually expecting talks of death when Rin told Hisao that she wanted him to leave, and that she needed to 'destroy' herself in order to paint. I'm actually more curious now about the mindset of the artist friend mentioned by Nomiya and Sae who killed himself years ago.

All in all, Rin's route was beautifully written with ended in a superb note. But as I've said before somewhere, reading KS was more of a journey of apprehension than actually emotionally moving, and for this route I'm mostly curious about certain lines Aura wrote throughout the story that suggested that he has a different line of logic that maybe differ from the norm I'm used to.

Suggestion: Those who were moved could try reading more books. I'm pretty sure there are a tonne of emotional shocks that equal or far surpass Rin's story, really. For Visual Novels, try those under Nitroplus.

And oh, the art teacher is a total douche-bag alright. So righteously blind.
" It would be hard to believe I was nearly killed by a love confession."
RikuDawn

Post by RikuDawn »

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.
Last edited by RikuDawn on Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Later, losers.
viduuskamen

Post by viduuskamen »

The breaking point for me regarding Nomiya waswhen he was pretty much just screaming/yelling at Rin for running away from the exhibition without a care for what -she- thought of it... considering that it was -her- exhiition.
It was very selfish of him, and completely different from all the other side characters introduced.

Jigoro just ranted and raved a lot. Good to see Hisao stand up to him at least.
"It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure."
-Rykn

[I feel like a giant jerk for completing the game.]
chicunsu

Post by chicunsu »

viduuskamen wrote:The breaking point for me regarding Nomiya waswhen he was pretty much just screaming/yelling at Rin for running away from the exhibition without a care for what -she- thought of it... considering that it was -her- exhiition.
It was very selfish of him, and completely different from all the other side characters introduced.

Jigoro just ranted and raved a lot. Good to see Hisao stand up to him at least.
The typical case of the older one pushing all their failed dreams and hopes on the next generation if you ask me.
It seemed like Nomiya pushed all the hopes and dreams he had to become artist when he was young over on Rin.
I snapped at that point XD at nomiya... KENJI, IF YOU ARE GONNA PUSH SOMEONE OF THE ROOF.... PLEASE CHOOSE NOMIYA, HE DESERVES IT :twisted:
''Cheerful disposition, light skin/hair/eyes, poor motors skills, bad balance, short attention span and trouble with words" So... she has a case of moe.
~About misha's disability
oedocowboy

Post by oedocowboy »

ScrotieMcBoogerballs wrote:Just finished Rin's path (my first one). Total mindfuck. I wasn't expecting something like this at all.
I was not only surprised with the complete change of tone from the first act, but also to find out that Rin isn't cynical and sarcastic as I first judged her in the demo, but truly... dense.
I loved her, even though she annoyed me with her changes.
I had started Rin's path after finishing Hanako's because I thought it would be a bit more light-hearted, considering Rin is mostly used as sort of comic-relief in all the other story lines. It was more light-hearted . . . until about halfway through. Once she started working on her exhibition, I knew bad things were gonna happen. They ended up being necessary for her and Hisao's development (both as characters and as a couple), but they were no less painful.

I guess what I'm getting at is, no, Rin's not cynical or sarcastic: she is truthful and says exactly what she means. As far as being dense, though? I don't follow you, there. One of the things Hisao seems to realize about her is that there is far more going on in her head than she'll ever let on.
viduuskamen wrote:The breaking point for me regarding Nomiya was when he was pretty much just screaming/yelling at Rin for running away from the exhibition without a care for what -she- thought of it... considering that it was -her- exhiition.
I started disliking Nomiya the moment he poses the idea of the exhibition to Rin. He calls it a great opportunity for "us", not "you". He's obviously in this for himself and only cares about getting his cut if Rin becomes famous and sells some paintings. He doesn't understand her at all and what's worse, he doesn't try to. Hisao doesn't get her either, but he tries. And, by the end, has a modicum of success. He still doesn't 100% get her, but he's okay with that and finds the mystery appealing. Even beautiful. Rin doesn't paint to sell paintings.

In my own sappy headcanon, Hisao goes on to be financially successful enough to support them both and Rin can be allowed to just paint for herself. If she does have gallery openings, she can have as little or as much involvement as she likes. As long as she can just paint for herself, I think it's okay. I imagine that their relationship would be somewhat like Jackson Pollock's relationship with Lee Krasner (go look it up, or watch the film with Ed Harris). Only less destructive and with less violent alcoholism. And since Rin doesn't have arms, I don't think she'd die from driving drunk and getting in an accident.

In fact, now that I think on it, a lot of what Rin does reminds me of Pollock. Rin cringes at the thought of naming her paintings. Pollock would eventually do the same, and started numbering them instead, saying:
"...look passively and try to receive what the painting has to offer and not bring a subject matter or preconceived idea of what they are to be looking for."
Rin, of course, takes it a half-step further and opts to not title them at all. Not even with a number.
Xuan wrote:Suggestion: Those who were moved could try reading more books. I'm pretty sure there are a tonne of emotional shocks that equal or far surpass Rin's story, really.
It's somewhat subjective, though, isn't it? It's not a matter of emotional shock value. Certain themes and subjects just resonate more strongly with different people. The themes touched on in Rin's story line are ones that I find personal, and so to me they were profound and moving. No amount of reading I've done, am doing, or will do, will change that.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

ultrarare wrote:
That was my only gripe in this hole affair. How could my waifu not give a simple footjob! I mean come on! :cry:
Because you'd just be using Rin selfishly, about the last thing she'd need. It wouldn't be realistic anywhere in the storyline.
oedocowboy

Post by oedocowboy »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:
ultrarare wrote:
Because you'd just be using Rin selfishly, about the last thing she'd need. It wouldn't be realistic anywhere in the storyline.
Agreed. While I did expect there to be a foot job, I'm seriously glad there wasn't. The way the final love scene went down (no pun intended) was, for me, perfect.
Xuan

Post by Xuan »

It's more of a matter of building resistance to values, and reading books is one way to get them.
" It would be hard to believe I was nearly killed by a love confession."
urishima

Post by urishima »

Xuan wrote:It's more of a matter of building resistance to values, and reading books is one way to get them.
I have to disagree with you there, Xuan. I've been an avid reader pretty much since they taught us how to read in school and Rin's path was still an emotional rollercoaster for me.

On your analysis of her path however, I 100 % agree with you. Couldn't have said it any better... aw heck, I couldn't come as close as you were even if my life depended on it :lol:

One thing that kinde stuck with me this whole day: Rin saying 'Go away Hisao'
It kinda hurts everytime I think about it, which seems kinda silly but still... It gets better when my mind goes to the point where they meet in the classroom shortly before Rin goes to face Nomiya and pretty much everything after that. Also the sweetest and most tender H-scene since forever.
Rin - finished
Emi - finished
Shizune - finished
Lilly - finished
Hanako
ardiel

Post by ardiel »

Levy wrote:I just finished Rin's path and I think I finally have my word for her. She is difficult to understand, hard to pin a single word to her. It's not that she's hard to communicate with, she just can't communicate with herself at times. She doesn't seem to know herself very well. She fears things, questions, expectations, even kindness. She also acts like she's missing a part of herself, both physically and emotionally. It's like she's everything and nothing.

Rin's word is Mystery.

I was happy I managed to stumble to the good ending. It almost pains me to try for the bad ending(s). I'll need to watch something light-hearted afterwards.
Interesting. I'm not judging your assessment, different things mean different things to different people after all, but I have to wonder - Isn't being confused and knowing your confusion actually knowing yourself?

I have to ask because plenty of people are confused and don't know it. Plenty of people go around believing they know themselves and actually have no clue about themselves.

I find it interesting because she has her problems and seems to know exactly what they are. What shall we call that?
She isn't sure which 'self' she needs to be and is aware that she isn't sure. What shall we call that?
What's more is that she seems to know that 'self' is in fact an illusion. She knows that the only constant is change. She knows that NOBODY truly has only one concrete self - which is more self knowledge than most people end up having.
Cardcaptor RaaShaun

Post by Cardcaptor RaaShaun »

hobblinharry wrote:I'm missing the scene between "Things you can't give up" and "Rose-tinted glasses." Does anyone know how to enable that scene?
Hmm...that's funny, I'm only missing Rose-Tinted Glasses for my 100% completion...
The name of the scene that you're looking for is 'BADAAN!' and here's how I got it:

From the start of Act2 I picked: You're Amazing -> Refreshing -> More Like Rin -> You'd Be A Hit -> What About Me

Now, oddly enough, that's the set of choices that I picked while TRYING to get Rose-Tinted Glasses but I got BADAAN! again >_<

I have one more idea concerning a way to get this scene but don't be surprised if I come back again asking for help ^_^

EDIT: Ok, I figured out how to get Rose-Tinted Glasses ^_^

If anyone else has this issue in the future, here's the path: You're Amazing -> Refreshing -> More Like Rin -> Not Like You to Hesitate -> What About Me

Hooray! 100% completion ^_^