Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Ask!

Post by Aura »

Lunar Archivist wrote:Is there any way I can offer assistance, however small, to the German translation team should they require it? I worked as a video game localization tester for five years, so I was just curious. Thanks! :)
Yeah PM Fink on forums, or talk to him on IRC.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Freya

Post by Freya »

Guest wrote:Hello KS-developers, I have a couple of music "specific" questions. But to understand those, you have to listen to two particular youtube videos.

KS music - Afternoon:
Ghetto Boys - Damn it feels good to be a gangsta:

Now the questions:
1. Was this intentional?
2. If yes, does every/most member about the Katawa Shoujo team knows about this?
3. And If you guys know about this, are there more hidden "easter eggs" like this? I am actually laughing hard at this find here.
I do believe this sounds very much alike - yet different in tone and atmosphere, I do suppose it is some kind of easter egg, but VERY hilarious nontheless.

Furthermore I want to thank you for this awesome game, you guys deserve and form of direct and indirect paise, such as reviews and/or people praising it outside this board on other forums. Great game in every aspect!
To quote Nicol from IIRC

<---> http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?p=68993#p68993
<Nicol> --- no
<Nicol> i have never heard this before
machopacho

Post by machopacho »

how did you come up with Rin as a character?
Rin >>>>>> Lilly > Hanako >>>>>>>>> Shizune >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Emi
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Shockproof Jamo wrote:3) What really happened to Miki's left hand? Did you have any popular ideas for this? I don't remember the game explaining this.
In one cut scene involving her, it was mentioned she lost her hand in an accident with powertools. There's your explanation.
AdventChaos

Post by AdventChaos »

Is there any way to erase progress and start fresh?
Talifan9

Post by Talifan9 »

AdventChaos wrote:Is there any way to erase progress and start fresh?
Reinstall?
AdventChaos

Post by AdventChaos »

Talifan9 wrote: Reinstall?
Actually never even would have occurred to me. I just figured there would possibly be a little save file I could delete. Thanks though.
no way

Post by no way »

Suriko wrote:
Shockproof Jamo wrote:3) What really happened to Miki's left hand? Did you have any popular ideas for this? I don't remember the game explaining this.
In one cut scene involving her, it was mentioned she lost her hand in an accident with powertools. There's your explanation.
Whaaaaat... :shock:
Surely you jest...

Can somebody tell me in what scene this happens?
Freya

Post by Freya »

no way wrote:
Suriko wrote:
Surely you jest...

its part of the hidden haram path involved in playing certain endings one after the other
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

no way wrote:
Suriko wrote:
Surely you jest...

It's not a "cut scene", it's a cut scene. A scene that was cut. Hey Abbott!
ChairmanMeow

Post by ChairmanMeow »

Suriko wrote:
ChairmanMeow wrote:Did you guys ever intend for Iwanako to be more or less relevant to the plot? Just curious.
We never intended for her to come back into the game in any way after the opening scenes. The letter from Iwanako was suggested by Aura a couple of years ago, and all the writers liked the idea, so we all implemented it and used it in various ways across the different paths.
What was your primary motivation for including Iwanako's letter? Directed at Aura, I guess.
Hivemind

Post by Hivemind »

Aura wrote:
Errorname wrote:I've played through both Emi's and Lilly's route, and in both of them I really enjoyed every scene involving Mutou (especially in Emi's route), as he really reminded me of past teachers I had which convinced me that I wanted to go into the sciences.

1. How did you guys come up with him?
2. Did he have any particular writer assigned to him, or was he more or less an extra character every writer was told to work with?
1. Difficult question to answer, like all questions of this sort are. We drew on some archetypes and the roles we expected to need him for and mixed it up a little. He was originally even more goofy and awkward than he is now, and needed toning down.
2. He didn't have a writer. Hivemind, however, probably did the most work in fleshing his character out.
Appearance-wise, I always wanted him to look vaguely like the Doctor (why? Because I was/am really into Doctor Who). His personality drew a little on that, but to be honest those elements were toned down (and in many cases scrapped) because it just didn't work with the character (indeed I think it was mostly scrapped in favor of the slightly more world-weary dude we know and love).

Not that this answers the question, really--the real answer is that we had a thread and tossed about ideas for him (and IRC discussions), and eventually said 'okay this is the sort of person he is.' Part of the editing phase involved making sure he didn't have any major personality shifts between paths.

Post by Guest »

To all the writers : What do you guys think was your best work in your respective route?
Shockproof Jamo

Post by Shockproof Jamo »

Suriko wrote:
You have warmed my heart. Thanks, Australia. :wink:

Post by Guest »

Why does it seem like only a few of the devs are active on these forums?

Don't the others like us?