Has anyone else appreciated the music this much?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Ukotaku

Re: Has anyone else appreciated the music this much?

Post by Ukotaku »

I agree, the OST for KS is absolutely amazing. Most time i just leave the game on and listen to the soundtrack on loop.

also DAT HANAKO PIANO OPENING, still gives me goosebumps.

Post by Guest »

Innocence, definitely.
Axonn

Post by Axonn »

Guest wrote:Innocence, definitely.
I second this notion. I still feel like bawwing whenever I hear it. The remix of Painful History is really nice, and the build up seems to reach just at the right moment when I played.

Red Velvet is so groovy though. Nurse's new jazzy tune as well. Kudos to the artist/s!
Too bad. Waluigi time!
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

I like all the music. I'm still not sure I like the new Parity as much as the old version, though.
VIVI

Post by VIVI »

my faborite from the demo was Caged Heart. The melancholy who i feel each time who play this melody is...well, and that felling is so...i like this melancholy.
Another one is Everyday Fantasy, who for repetition i began to sing here and there sometimes.Parity, Nocturne, Romance in Andante and Out of the Loop are another fab ones. Daylight call me my atencion because in one moment in the song sounded like if the music get the "power down" or something. the final vercion no have this...

from the full game,where appeared all my faborites songs too (with a new vercion of Parity, more upbeat)...Breathlessly (oh this song, in the Rin path, make me cry) Moment of Decision,and Friendship.(Kenji "new song", unforgetable...)
chicunsu

Post by chicunsu »

As someone who needs music, and i rally mean NEEDS it, so was i really happy about how the music in this game turned out. It really helped make all the points and emotions in this game even stronger, even during the ero scenes, as every ero scene had a point.... (Emi being naughty was her main point =3)
I also play piano, and i really liked the melodies and are jelaous of the composing skills of the ones responsible for the piano songs >.<
''Cheerful disposition, light skin/hair/eyes, poor motors skills, bad balance, short attention span and trouble with words" So... she has a case of moe.
~About misha's disability
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

To be honest,I started crying when I heard the musicbox melody during Lilly's Route
Also Nurse's theme just forced me to unplug the headphones and maximize my speakers' volume,such a fantastic piece.
Halkure

Post by Halkure »

Eagerly awaiting the soundtrack release.
chicunsu

Post by chicunsu »

Halkure wrote:Eagerly awaiting the soundtrack release.
A Soundtrack release of all the songs in KS would be sooo damn nice....
''Cheerful disposition, light skin/hair/eyes, poor motors skills, bad balance, short attention span and trouble with words" So... she has a case of moe.
~About misha's disability
V2Blast

Post by V2Blast »

The music is *too* good. I can't listen to half of it without feeling emotional...

*eagerly awaits a soundtrack*

:mrgreen:
Pie is delicious.
Popo

Post by Popo »

It's an excellent soundtrack that complements every scene nicely. Painful History stands out as a track I can barely listen to without crying. Concord is also quite lovely.
Every day is a miracle.
Grond0701

Post by Grond0701 »

At first I didn't think that much of the soundtrack.
After a few mins with it off I realised I couldn't play without it on.

Amazing soundtrack :D
Completed:
Emi - Hanako -

Still:
Lily - Rin - Shizune
viduuskamen

Post by viduuskamen »

The music files (OST?) are available if you google it. I think they are in .ogg format; 140kbs CBR, if I recall correctly.

The speeding up portion in "Stride" always caused me to be apprehensive for some reason... because I think all the grim parts of the music were much more meaningful than the light-hearted music.
I don't know the names of the others right off the top of my head... but hey, I've downloaded the track mentioned above, and it's on perma loop for now...
"It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure."
-Rykn

[I feel like a giant jerk for completing the game.]
V2Blast

Post by V2Blast »

viduuskamen wrote:The music files (OST?) are available if you google it. I think they are in .ogg format; 140kbs CBR, if I recall correctly.

The speeding up portion in "Stride" always caused me to be apprehensive for some reason... because I think all the grim parts of the music were much more meaningful than the light-hearted music.
I don't know the names of the others right off the top of my head... but hey, I've downloaded the track mentioned above, and it's on perma loop for now...
Haha, I know exactly what you mean. Everytime it started playing I got that same apprehensive feeling and hit Esc to check that it wasn't one of the "ominous" tracks.

(Also, they're all in the jukebox once you hear them in game, so you can check the names there.)
Pie is delicious.
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

Innocence, Afternoon, Lullaby of Open Eyes, the music box theme... seriously; the music in this game was magnificent, made more so by the way they used it.

My vote: Innocence in Crescendo.