KS school

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Smoku

KS school

Post by Smoku »

A facility for the disabled.
There's a school with a large medical staff and med facility, dormitory and such
You know how it looks, you played the game.

So my question is: Do this kind of facilities (like the school in KS) exist? I've never heard of such an establishment, at least not in this form (I always imagined sad hospitals and such...) . Discussion, begin

and just another thing of curiosity: is that school based on some real-life concrete place?
Captain Niggawatts

Re: KS school

Post by Captain Niggawatts »

Smoku wrote:A facility for the disabled.
There's a school with a large medical staff and med facility, dormitory and such
You know how it looks, you played the game.

So my question is: Do this kind of facilities (like the school in KS) exist? I've never heard of such an establishment, at least not in this form (I always imagined sad hospitals and such...) . Discussion, begin

and just another thing of curiosity: is that school based on some real-life concrete place?
http://www.ableize.com/disabled-educati ... isability/

Yes.

You have honestly never heard of a special needs school? Granted, most of them deal with mental and learning disabilities, but there are still enough schools for those with physical disabilities.
"People who quote themselves in their signatures are egotistical faggots" - Captain Niggawatts
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

I think Yamaku was based on Brown University or something like that.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Notguest wrote:I think Yamaku was based on Brown University or something like that.
Physical layout, not purpose.

Also it's in Japan, not Rhode Island. 8)
DESU

Post by DESU »

Caesius wrote:
Notguest wrote:I think Yamaku was based on Brown University or something like that.
Physical layout, not purpose.

Also it's in Japan, not Rhode Island. 8)
true. I read in a blog post that the background pics were taken by someone in japan.
ImageImage
I white-knighted for Hanako before the rest of you.
>Completion 28%
I got my Hanako path. To me, that's 100% completion.
My steam is my nexus of stuff so yeah. Also I have a chan. Ask me shit.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

DESU wrote:I read in a blog post that the background pics were taken by someone in japan.
The outdoor and festival ones were. A lot of backrounds were taken at the University of Toronto, Brown Univertisy, and the City of Providence.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

G3n0c1de is correct; Yujovi took almost all the photos we used for the school and its surroundings, making Yamaku largely a copy of Brown University.

The pictures of city center (which isn't shown in Act 1) and the small town below the school were taken both by people in Japan and by Aura and Crud during their trips there.
Smoku

Post by Smoku »

wow, awesome. I had no idea.
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

that is very cool, yeah.

though now I'm picturing someone who goes to Brown university playing the game and going "Wait, what?" :mrgreen:
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
EternalLurker

Post by EternalLurker »

Such incidents have occurred.
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

EternalLurker wrote:Such incidents have occurred.
[KeanuReeves]
...whoa.
[/Keanu]
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
rayseverity

Post by rayseverity »

lol im a senior at brown and i just had to tell someone when i first played.. definitely a very o.o experience lol
INFERTakuya

Post by INFERTakuya »

Speaking of the backgrounds, I would have very much preferred them to have been all drawn, since the disparity between the characters and the backgrounds...is a little jarring. Not to mention that it's reminiscent of those cheap flash dating sims.

That said, it's a trivial matter made up for by the quality in writing. Though I sometimes wish Hisao would just shut up; sometimes saying less is better than saying a lot.
Endings Obtained

Emi: Bad End|Second Chance|Good End
Hanako: Bad End|Neutral End|Good End
Lilly: Bad End|Good End
Shizune: -In Progress-
Rin:
Aust Kyzor

Post by Aust Kyzor »

Going back to the original post's question - yes, schools for the disabled DO exist, but I'm pretty sure nothing on the scale of Yamaku - the situation of Lilly, Rin, Emi, Kenjii, Hisao, Hanako, Shizune, and Misha being in the same school in real life is VERY unlikely, as they often have specialty schools for the blind and deaf. Rin, Emi, Hisao, and MAYBE Hanako would be there, while Shizune would be in a school for the deaf, and Lilly & Kenjii would both be at a school for the blind. Misha would likely be at a normal high school, but taking sign language courses somewhere.

Not to say that a school like Yamaku would be a bad idea.
Manual breathing activated!

Lilly=Emi>>>Hanako=Shizune=Rin=Misha

In terms of STORY, on the other hand - so far:
Lilly's>Emi's>>>>Rin's>>>>>>>>Shizune's>Hanako's

Complete: Hanako, Rin, Shizune, Emi, Lilly
What now? Now I cry over how beautiful the whole thing was.
CindehQ

Post by CindehQ »

Aust Kyzor wrote:Going back to the original post's question - yes, schools for the disabled DO exist, but I'm pretty sure nothing on the scale of Yamaku - the situation of Lilly, Rin, Emi, Kenjii, Hisao, Hanako, Shizune, and Misha being in the same school in real life is VERY unlikely, as they often have specialty schools for the blind and deaf. Rin, Emi, Hisao, and MAYBE Hanako would be there, while Shizune would be in a school for the deaf, and Lilly & Kenjii would both be at a school for the blind. Misha would likely be at a normal high school, but taking sign language courses somewhere.

Not to say that a school like Yamaku would be a bad idea.
Well Yamaku itself doesn't have any rules against who can and cannot go to the school, it's just obvious what type of students would want to go the school. In Shizune's case, her father doesn't seem to be very considerate of her condition. Not only does he not know sign but he's attempted to try and "normalize" her in the past (maybe try to teach her to lip read?), I wouldn't be surprised if he just went and said "School for cripples? Good, send her away there!" Without considering sending her to a school for the deaf. Lily's mentioned that she used to go to a different school (I don't know much else as I haven't played her path), but she didn't appear to like it there, due to its strictness.
I call my avatar Emiyagi.
Like Emi.
If Emi were cool.