The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Snelx

Re: that feel when you cry after Hanako's route

Post by Snelx »

Feuver wrote: In fact, I think it's exact. No matter what happens, Hisao will not matter to Hanako. That's what turns me off of her I suppose. If you play Lilly's arc first ( I didn't), you can notice that Hanako achieves great things without the presence of Hisao to protect her. Since Lilly is gone for two weeks as well, and Hisao is focused on Lilly rather than her, then she can re-focus her life.

Accurately, like said somewhere else, Hanako's bad ending happens during Lilly's arc, however,instead of deciding quickly that she hates you both, she decides to show you and Lilly how she can become a more outgoing person, makes a friend and even become part of a club. It's sort of a better ending than her good ending, in a way.

The only difference if Hisao stays with Hanako is that she probably grown up to a woman sooner, but only by like, a month's margin, and even then, she might still have problems if Hisao acts like an idiot again.
Thanks for the insight!
Now i feel sad for Hisao at his insignificant existence for Hanako. :?

It is quite true that when Lilly leaves, Hanako realize it is time to buck up.
and while in Hanako path, Hisao become a stand-in for Lilly. :roll:
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'
Feuver

Post by Feuver »

Snelx wrote:
Feuver wrote: In fact, I think it's exact. No matter what happens, Hisao will not matter to Hanako. That's what turns me off of her I suppose. If you play Lilly's arc first ( I didn't), you can notice that Hanako achieves great things without the presence of Hisao to protect her. Since Lilly is gone for two weeks as well, and Hisao is focused on Lilly rather than her, then she can re-focus her life.

Accurately, like said somewhere else, Hanako's bad ending happens during Lilly's arc, however,instead of deciding quickly that she hates you both, she decides to show you and Lilly how she can become a more outgoing person, makes a friend and even become part of a club. It's sort of a better ending than her good ending, in a way.

The only difference if Hisao stays with Hanako is that she probably grown up to a woman sooner, but only by like, a month's margin, and even then, she might still have problems if Hisao acts like an idiot again.
Thanks for the insight!
Now i feel sad for Hisao at his insignificant existence for Hanako. :?

It is quite true that when Lilly leaves, Hanako realize it is time to buck up.
and while in Hanako path, Hisao become a stand-in for Lilly. :roll:
Like seriously, you're going to call Lilly, who's currently inScotland, just because Hanako needs some time to recollect herself? And even after that, instead of acting like a real friend and ask her what's up, you just go on and say "Some smalltalk, nothing really interesting". It's pretty insulting on how much you disregard her even if she is your friend.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Snelx wrote:Now i feel sad for Hisao at his insignificant existence for Hanako. :?
You know, I can't agree with that view at all.
While Hanako might be able to become more open even when Hisao is going out with Lilly - and maybe even in the other paths where we aren't told - in Hanako's path, Hisao becomes her boyfriend!
Even if she would have overcome her problems without his help, as the person she loves he will have a great significance in her life.
Well, at least I'll say my girlfried had a significant impact on my life, even if she didn't turn me from an emotional wreck into a functional social being ;-)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Taggart

Post by Taggart »

As far as I see it, Hanako's and Lilly's route shows two different transformations of Hanako that are ultimately still because of Hisao's influence;

In Hanako's route, Hanako eventually takes it upon herself to show Hisao that she *is* independent, around the same time as she changes in Lilly's route. The key difference is her relationship to Hisao - in Lilly's route, they are friends, whereas in her own, they have already gone all the way.

As such, I believe that while yes, Hanako becomes more outgoing over Lilly's route (which, remember, continues further on than Hanako's own), in her own route, she overcomes a hurdle that she would still be far from getting near in Lilly's - that of love, and also the self-conciousness to show that love (and herself) in public without restraint.
jc

Post by jc »

I'm doing the Emi's route, it's fine, cute and all, but doing others routes other then hanako...I feel like cheating on her D: I think that i'm really weird D:
scoopnokes

Post by scoopnokes »

jc wrote:I'm doing the Emi's route, it's fine, cute and all, but doing others routes other then hanako...I feel like cheating on her D: I think that i'm really weird D:
we all felt that way at some point, I did when i did Lilly's first then the rest.
shin0bi272

Post by shin0bi272 »

Crud Bonemeal wrote:
I've always wondered, if so many dudes feel like this (and I know of plenty besides us who do), how can it be that there don't seem to be any women that feel like that? It doesn't make sense to me. Maybe there are and they're hard to find? I mean, finding other guys like myself is hard to impossible, so I guess the same must apply to women, but I'd think that after a while I'd run into someone. I attribute it mainly to poor luck and living in one of the less-nerdy regions of America. Well, with each new semester, I'm still foolhardy enough to get my hopes up! :)

Personally Ive always subscribed to the theory that if a woman isnt a complete troll there are guys hitting on her all the time. Well maybe not all the time but quite more often than it happens the other way around. So women in general (not in any anime Ive ever seen) dont really go out on "the hunt" for guys because they are spending all their time telling them no. Its sort of like that chris rock joke

Im sure though that there are some women out there in the working world that feel this way the problem is they are so few and far between like you were saying, and their standards are usually way too specific that they end up forever alone because of it. I was looking on memedates and there was a total hottie on there but she's looking for a jersey shore muscle head type while she complains that shes "not so much forever alone as forever surrounded by douchebags." Hell if Steven Hawking cant figure women out what chance do I have? http://memebase.com/2012/01/09/internet ... -this-out/

LoL then again there's this problem too...http://verydemotivational.memebase.com/ ... rt-enough/
gammaraptor

Post by gammaraptor »

I almost cried =P. It wasn't until I listened to the music with the scene that I realized a.) I'd been missing out on the wonderful soundtrack, b.) This song (Innocence) fit the scene perfectly. I need to learn how to play it on the piano. First time playing a VN, and it was my first end. I don't even know if I can play another route now.
Bix

A cure for the 'feels'

Post by Bix »

Before I start, this is not another sappy "I got the feels bad man, I cant go on living" post, but I respect and understand your pain my brothers and sisters.
So....
My fellow romance lovers and emotionally aware comrades, over the last week I have spent several nights overcoming a case of the feels, and tonight I can say I am feeling over it.
I tried looking up other mature VN's but realized few were easily accessible and not many held the same sway as KS, which actually gave me closure about just starting VN's now. I tried getting some friends to play, but they told me they refuse to play anything they cant mock. The various Meme's helped me to take the game a little less seriously, I still cherish the story, but now when I crave more, I just snicker at Hisao's sweater-vest. Finally I skimmed over to a manga-hosting website and started reading some long-running shoujo and shounen manga that are still going, which has dulled the ache of past romances coming to the surface, and has filled it with the grin that comes from reading One Piece and Negima. Its also nice knowing that come next week, there will be new chapters.

So to boil down my cure:
1. Do anything that will make you feel like you are improving your life.
2. Laugh a bit at the jokes, express your feelings in other emotions besides sadness
3. Find a new obsession, preferably something that makes you happy. If its fantasy, you will find it easer to distance yourself from the characters, thus not relapse into new feels.
4. put your hands on your hips, take a deep breath and scream at the tops of your lungs, "WAHAHA!" Shouting feels good, and its hard not to smile when quoting Misha.

Good luck my brothers!
**Library 99% complete.**
1. Emi *Done*
2. Rin *Done*
3. Shizune *Done*
4. Hanako *Done*
5. Lilly *Done*
Ockbald

Re: A cure for the 'feels'

Post by Ockbald »

Indeed the best way for curing feels is to improve yourself in some way.

I decided to pick exercises again after I ended the game and most bad feelings are gone now, only the good bits remain. I also got several books I wish to read.
Bix

Post by Bix »

Ockbald wrote:Indeed the best way for curing feels is to improve yourself in some way.

I decided to pick exercises again after I ended the game and most bad feelings are gone now, only the good bits remain. I also got several books I wish to read.
Cheers to you my brother! Glad to hear your feeling better.
1. Emi *Done*
2. Rin *Done*
3. Shizune *Done*
4. Hanako *Done*
5. Lilly *Done*
Weaver

Post by Weaver »

I worked out every day last week (I took the weekend off, long story).
Last weekend I did Hanako and Emi. During the week in my spare time I did Shizune.

I was feeling good most of the week, working out.

This weekend I did Lilly and Rin. I almost want to say it was a mistake, cause I'm back with a moderate case of the feels.
I'm confident though with a little sleep, going to the gym again on Monday and maybe some upbeat music I'll be pulling ahead again in a few days.

That being said, it's almost relieving to be done the game :)

EDIT:
You can always try just blasting some Caravan Palace

yuastnav

Post by yuastnav »

Bix wrote:[...] I tried getting some friends to play, but they told me they refuse to play anything they cant mock. [...]
Wait, what? This kinda stumped me. Am I missing something? Oo

Well anyway, glad to hear that you have joined us on the other side. It was probably not easy but it is not completely over yet since there is a small chance of relapse so stay strong! (:
Getting out more helps a great deal.
"[...] it's just a ride."
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Usually, my own cure for "That Feel" is usually mocking the game and not taking it seriously. Yeah, I may love a game but I'm not beyond mocking the characters or the game itself. Hanako's my favorite character of the ladies but it's funny to crack jokes about fire and flames and burning alive to get rid of my "That Feel".

Another thing I do is play my violin or piano for a few hours.

My feel is usually more of a connection with a character than "OMG! I NEVER GONNA FIND A GIRL" or "OMG WAIFU" childish bullshit. For example, Ryu's ending from Street Fighter II gave me a feel that i should do what I do because I love it, not for fame or glory or money. American History X gave me a feel that I shouldn't be pissed off all the damn time over something we have no control over such as race.

Meh, I'm just rumbling at this point and I may have missed the main idea of "The Feels" or something.
Last edited by Snow_Storm on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bix

Post by Bix »

yuastnav wrote:
Bix wrote:[...] I tried getting some friends to play, but they told me they refuse to play anything they cant mock. [...]
Wait, what? This kinda stumped me. Am I missing something? Oo

Well anyway, glad to hear that you have joined us on the other side. It was probably not easy but it is not completely over yet since there is a small chance of relapse so stay strong! (:
Getting out more helps a great deal.
Nah, I feel good
When I told my friends that I was trying a dating sim (Thats what I thought it was at the time) and that it was based on disabled chicks, they immediatly broke into laughter and demanded that I tell them how horrible it was. They wanted kinky cripple sex they could laugh at, not a serious and beautiful story. So they decided to just make "stump-job" jokes and left it at that.
The reason I feel people are getting such Feels, is that the border between fantasy and reality is thin in this game. It feels real, and when you are done, its like spending a week getting to know someone intimately and then never seeing them again. Only left with photos of your time together. I have been reading romance series about magic and the like, and while I blush as romance flourishes, I don't feel the same connection I had for characters like Lilly and Shizune, which sometimes is a good thing.
1. Emi *Done*
2. Rin *Done*
3. Shizune *Done*
4. Hanako *Done*
5. Lilly *Done*