What arc should i try next?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ihatepeace22

Re: I can't play this "game" anymore.

Post by ihatepeace22 »

I am definitely going to have to come back to replay the routes without Rin's route hanging over me.
Subarashii

Post by Subarashii »

I did Emi's route first by accident and I admit I became somewhat attached to her but I went on to do Lilly's route and, I have to say, Lilly completely overpowered any attachments I may have had to Emi. At this point I don't really want to do any other routes when I think of the relationship I had with Lilly instead. As for Emi, I just feel somewhat sorry for anyone who ends up with her in the future what with her not wanting to get close with anyone.
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

The more i play this game,
the more i think i having split memories.

It is like doing some kind of time travel.
Where i reset and back to the starting point.

Feeling down with Hanako when Lily is away to Scotland,
together with the Déjà vu feeling that it is getting good with Hanako, when Lily is away to Scotland.

sooner or later,
the overlapping timelines of parallel worlds might break me down. :?
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'
viduuskamen

Post by viduuskamen »

I am very glad to see that I'm not the only one with this issue, and for the folks sharing their experiences... thank you.

After playing through Hanako's route... and receiving the neutral ending before the good... I didn't want to play anymore...
I felt like I would be "cheating" and the guilt was just too much to take.

It took much self-coaxing and forced curiosity that I should at least complete the "game," before I managed to start it back up... this time picking Lilly's route to (fearfully) see what would happen to Hanako had you NOT chosen her. Sorry Lilly.

It's unimaginable, the amount of relief I received throughout her path, that Hanako turned out very well (If almost as well as if you had been with her). And perhaps it's because of Lilly's nurturing attitude toward Hanako, that I ended up feeling very comfortable with Lilly too.

I don't know if I would have been able to continue if I did not see a positive closure on Hanako in Lilly's route...

It's almost circular logic that you would approach the girl that interests you the most and develop the attachment. Which in turn desensitizes your feelings towards the other girls... at least it was for me.
"It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure."
-Rykn

[I feel like a giant jerk for completing the game.]
INFERTakuya

Post by INFERTakuya »

Snelx wrote:The more i play this game,
the more i think i having split memories.

It is like doing some kind of time travel.
Where i reset and back to the starting point.

Feeling down with Hanako when Lily is away to Scotland,
together with the Déjà vu feeling that it is getting good with Hanako, when Lily is away to Scotland.

sooner or later,
the overlapping timelines of parallel worlds might break me down. :?
Oh no, you're starting to turn into Maebara Keiichi. Hope you don't contract Hinamizawa Symdrome. :lol:
Endings Obtained

Emi: Bad End|Second Chance|Good End
Hanako: Bad End|Neutral End|Good End
Lilly: Bad End|Good End
Shizune: -In Progress-
Rin:
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

INFERTakuya wrote: Oh no, you're starting to turn into Maebara Keiichi. Hope you don't contract Hinamizawa Symdrome. :lol:
:lol: I didn't notice this!!

OMG! Wheres Rena hiding?
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

Hicks

Post by Hicks »

Just finished going through all the routes a few hours ago. Wow... I now have the problem where starting up another game from the numerous ones I've bought and played over the years I just find myself shrugging and thinking, why bother? All I'm going to end up doing is shooting/hacking/hitting things until they stop moving or variations on that theme.

KS has really spoiled me when it comes to games now, it's made me laugh, cry, angry, tense and thoughtfull all with a fantastic level of skill, the only thing to come close otherwise was Pathologic. It's particularly special for me as while far less dangerous than Hisao's condition I too had issues with arrhythmia - successfully solved in my case, but to have a main character with a connection like that really hit me. Take into account that Rin had a lot of the characteristics and personality traits of someone I was involved with for two years, another artistic individual, two very angry, frustrating and painful years and more parallels were drawn, the small but oh so sweet moments of happiness made me smile then grimace at the overall memory. I made the same choices in KS that I would of in real life and made the same mistakes getting the bad ending. Perhaps I learnt my lesson this time? :D

With each of the girls there was a moving and memorable journey something I've tried to encourage others to play to only hear "you're kidding right? It's just a game" to them all I can do now is shrug and think what a loss it is to them. Just waiting for them to extoll the virtues of whatever song, film or book they come across and wonder why I'm irritated at their double standards.

To the creators of KS though - a true heart felt "thank you" what you've made is a very special thing. However, you've just made it rather awkward to go back to pretty much all of the other games I have now! :wink:
Location: Chillin' with Macho Man Randy Savage on his Macho Cloud

Post by 68000 »

Yeah I'm probably not going to sleep much tonight (again) :lol:
Done three of the five routes so far and I think I'm going to take a little break before doing the rest (mainly Rin).
The game actually made me think about things, mostly about not "judging a book by its cover".
Pfff who needs Skyrim? :lol:
random poster

Post by random poster »

I had a different experience. It's easy to begin a new path, but my favourite is probably Rin and I kind of want to read it again. It seems this game didn't have the same impact on me I've been reading here and all over the Internet. No tears here, but some gut-wrenching moments like Rin's collapse in the exhibition opening and Hanako's just before the end. Might have something to do with my age (32) and the fact that I don't have any experience of being in love or in a real relationship... Mostly this game just made me depressed of missing out. Like I haven't lived at all.
viduuskamen

Post by viduuskamen »

Reflecting on my own past, and some of the heart-wrenching scenes in the game, I really doubt the wisdom of the ones who said:
It is better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all.

I respectfully disagree; it almost feels like ignorance is bliss can be justified here...
"It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure."
-Rykn

[I feel like a giant jerk for completing the game.]
chicunsu

Post by chicunsu »

viduuskamen wrote:Reflecting on my own past, and some of the heart-wrenching scenes in the game, I really doubt the wisdom of the ones who said:
It is better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all.

I respectfully disagree; it almost feels like ignorance is bliss can be justified here...
And i respectfully disagree.....
In some cases i prefer ignorance, but in this case i have to agree.
To know love is something necessary.... i think....
BAH, was going to really start thinking so much... REST IS PERSONAL, but i still disagree <.<
''Cheerful disposition, light skin/hair/eyes, poor motors skills, bad balance, short attention span and trouble with words" So... she has a case of moe.
~About misha's disability
alabaster

Post by alabaster »

68000 wrote:Done three of the five routes so far and I think I'm going to take a little break before doing the rest (mainly Rin).
Same here. I did Emi first, was blown away, then Lilly (which I liked), and then started to feel really burned out by the time I finished Rin. I saved Hanako and Shizune (as the two girls I was most interested in from the start) for last, but now I think I'll wait at least a few days before starting one of those routes. I'd like to cherish them and not rush things. I actually sort of pity the people who've already blasted through to 100% and have nothing left to do.
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

alabaster wrote: Same here. I did Emi first, was blown away, then Lilly (which I liked), and then started to feel really burned out by the time I finished Rin. I saved Hanako and Shizune (as the two girls I was most interested in from the start) for last, but now I think I'll wait at least a few days before starting one of those routes. I'd like to cherish them and not rush things. I actually sort of pity the people who've already blasted through to 100% and have nothing left to do.
To prevent Déjà vu feelings, i suggest to read through the whole text from the start while you are playing a new path.
It will help in story and extend some time for you to finish too :lol:

- Rykn

Dixor

Re: Lilly's Route (Good Ending?)

Post by Dixor »

Thank you, so much. When I got her bad ending, I broke down more than once.
"That can't be the end. This can't end this way," I thought.
I come here. You guys, you saved me.
There is happiness, afterall.
Thank you.
Kazuki

Re: Lilly's Route (Good Ending?)

Post by Kazuki »

Nightlinks wrote:After going all the way through again, I finally found out the secret to getting her good ending.

I knew this before, but Lilly is a very traditional and honest character, and she expects the same in return. I suspect a lot of you probably didn't tell her about the letter, or waved off her questions at the summer house. Don't! Tell her about these things, be honest with her!

That's how you get the good ending =)

I shed manly tears again, good ones this time though.

E: Oh wow, hivemind, thanks though!
Wow, the summer house question was relevant? I swear, some of these choices can be so mean.
"The only law you need is a gun and a good aim."