The "feels" bazaar.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Murex

Re: that feel when you cry after Hanako's route

Post by Murex »

I've felt this way regarding Rin, Lilly and Shizune. Your pain does not even begin to approach mine.

Seriously, though, I know how you feel.
sirdakz03

Post by sirdakz03 »

Murex wrote:I've felt this way regarding Rin, Lilly and Shizune. Your pain does not even begin to approach mine.

Seriously, though, I know how you feel.
I didn't exactly quite feel something on Shizune' (After Lily, Hanako and Emi's route...). Well, if I would've had Shizune first, I just might feel something. That awkwardness playning Shizune after doing Lily is sometimes bothering my mood of getting into it. I felt sad... but that's just me..
Crud Bonemeal

Post by Crud Bonemeal »

I'll admit to wishing that the KS girls were real, but I suppose I just sort of wish romance in general worked more like VNs. Rather than all that bothersome "dating" nonsense, I'd rather meet and befriend a girl, then gradually encounter the problems in her life and help her through them and then maybe there's a festival or something and then something dramatic happens and there's a love confession and it's a much more romantic overall experience. Also I'd want to be a giant robot pilot. Basically reality is totally no fun. :(
"Slab Bulkhead!" "Blast Hardcheese!" "Buff Drinklots!" "Bolt van der Huge!" "Punch Rockgroin!" "Thick Runfast!" "Roll Fizzlebeef!" "Big McLargehuge!" "Bob Johnson! Oh, wait, no, no, sorry."
shin0bi272

Post by shin0bi272 »

I got Emi's good ending first but when I was playing it I kept wondering how I could get out of it and get back to Hanako... apparently you cant LOL... Emi was a great story though and realistically I think it would have been best for my character's heart condition. But on a personal level (as I stated in the other thread about not being able to play this game anymore) I have personal experience with a loved one being scarred by burns so I instantly wanted to hug Hanako. At the end though (her good ending) it is a happy one and I feel like that was my true ending... Even though I did Emi's path first I sort of could see her good ending coming a mile away and it (or Shizune's) didnt touch me as much as Hanako's.
shin0bi272

Post by shin0bi272 »

Crud Bonemeal wrote:I'll admit to wishing that the KS girls were real, but I suppose I just sort of wish romance in general worked more like VNs. Rather than all that bothersome "dating" nonsense, I'd rather meet and befriend a girl, then gradually encounter the problems in her life and help her through them and then maybe there's a festival or something and then something dramatic happens and there's a love confession and it's a much more romantic overall experience.
That's been my issue too. Ever since leaving school (highschool or college) I find that I have limited access to the fairer sex. In the working world you arent thrust into too many situations where there are 60/40 splits of girls vs guys at your job where you all live in a building within walking distance. Since I dont drink or anything that pretty much rules out the bar scene, I suck at sports and well intermural sports leagues dont have a lot of single women on the mens teams... so like you said that leaves dating and its really tiresome because you end up going straight to being boyfriend and girlfriend and skip the whole "getting to know you as a person" phase and lump that into the bf/gf phase and it feels forced some how.

So kind of like the end of Shizune's bad ending I personally have pushed everyone away and have taken responsibility for it and its left me sad and alone. But Im alone because I chose not to change or even try anymore and thats whats so sad about it. Like you I dont want to just jump into a dating situation but unlike you (and like Shizune) Ive realized that because of my attitude and my constant need to be the best or to be right no one wants to be around me and that I dont want to be around anyone in return. Its like I dont fit anywhere and dont even know if I want to anymore. Its sort of like Ive left a trail of pain or hatred in my wake and finally stopped and looked around to find that Im alone because of it. So learn from my mistakes and dont follow me because you'll end up killing yourself.
Cube404

Post by Cube404 »

That feel.
Crud Bonemeal

Post by Crud Bonemeal »

shin0bi272 wrote:
Crud Bonemeal wrote:I'll admit to wishing that the KS girls were real, but I suppose I just sort of wish romance in general worked more like VNs. Rather than all that bothersome "dating" nonsense, I'd rather meet and befriend a girl, then gradually encounter the problems in her life and help her through them and then maybe there's a festival or something and then something dramatic happens and there's a love confession and it's a much more romantic overall experience.
That's been my issue too. Ever since leaving school (highschool or college) I find that I have limited access to the fairer sex. In the working world you arent thrust into too many situations where there are 60/40 splits of girls vs guys at your job where you all live in a building within walking distance. Since I dont drink or anything that pretty much rules out the bar scene, I suck at sports and well intermural sports leagues dont have a lot of single women on the mens teams... so like you said that leaves dating and its really tiresome because you end up going straight to being boyfriend and girlfriend and skip the whole "getting to know you as a person" phase and lump that into the bf/gf phase and it feels forced some how.
I've always wondered, if so many dudes feel like this (and I know of plenty besides us who do), how can it be that there don't seem to be any women that feel like that? It doesn't make sense to me. Maybe there are and they're hard to find? I mean, finding other guys like myself is hard to impossible, so I guess the same must apply to women, but I'd think that after a while I'd run into someone. I attribute it mainly to poor luck and living in one of the less-nerdy regions of America. Well, with each new semester, I'm still foolhardy enough to get my hopes up! :)
"Slab Bulkhead!" "Blast Hardcheese!" "Buff Drinklots!" "Bolt van der Huge!" "Punch Rockgroin!" "Thick Runfast!" "Roll Fizzlebeef!" "Big McLargehuge!" "Bob Johnson! Oh, wait, no, no, sorry."
techk8

Post by techk8 »

Yes, I know that feel, especially for Lilly. We must grow strong out of that feel, to become better people.
Or learn how to lucid dream perfectly so you can cuddle with Hanako/Lilly/etc. in your dreams ;_;
techk8 wrote:In all honestly, I don't care if it's an OVA or a whole series; it needs to end with the Lilly Good End, damnit! IT'S FUCKING CANON AND I'LL TAKE THAT TRUTH TO THE GRAVE.
[10:59] <@cpl_crud> Penises aren't spoilers; they are just disappointing in general
sadman

Post by sadman »

techk8 wrote:Yes, I know that feel, especially for Lilly. We must grow strong out of that feel, to become better people.
Or learn how to lucid dream perfectly so you can cuddle with Hanako/Lilly/etc. in your dreams ;_;
Welp, time to go to bed.
viduuskamen

Post by viduuskamen »

Only if the dreams were not haunting reminders of what once was...

Realizing now how much damage was "hidden" in the neutral ending after seeing the good ending...
My tears were not those of happiness, but of what harm I may have ultimately done...
Perhaps one day I can come to terms with the damage I may have caused...

Hanako's neutral ending was... how several of my past experiences went...
and seeing from her "good" ending of how that would have impacted her... I recoiled pretty badly.
We didn't separate intentionally... but by circumstances beyond our control.

Reading through some of the posts, I imagine a bit of you folks are younger than me.
It may be unsolicited advise from a stranger... but for those of you who care... please be considerate.
"It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure."
-Rykn

[I feel like a giant jerk for completing the game.]
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

that feel -> after u finish Hanako good end, then u start on Lilly. During the trip, together with Hanako and Lilly, while Hisao hugged Lilly in the house, and Hanako stares at him..

That Feel!

i couldn't play for a while :?
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'
Feuver

Post by Feuver »

I found it quite hard to cry.

The only arc that made me tear up a little is Lilly's good end and Rin's good end.

It's not because the writing isn't good, but probably because I've played something even more dramatically painful in the past, which bears the name of Clannad and destroys your Heart permanently. I didn't feel too sad after Hanako's route because I didn't really feel emotionally attached to her, it was too much back and forth. The only real moment where you can openly bond with her is during the club scene or when she actually decides to speak about herself. It's one of the appeal of her, to be so shy, but being so shy for me is pretty annoying in itself.
viduuskamen

Post by viduuskamen »

I agree...

Though this also made me feel fairly bad playing Lilly's route as I was worrying about Hanako the entire time... (anyone did this too?)
Fortunately... the writers took care of Hanako in Lilly's route too... what a wonderful relief...
"It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure."
-Rykn

[I feel like a giant jerk for completing the game.]
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

viduuskamen wrote:I agree...

Though this also made me feel fairly bad playing Lilly's route as I was worrying about Hanako the entire time... (anyone did this too?)
Fortunately... the writers took care of Hanako in Lilly's route too... what a wonderful relief...
me too.

In Lilly route, i feel happy for Hanako of her strong-will
But, i kind of feel sad/ lonely that Hanako can stand with her own feet without Hisao.
Makes me wonder is Hisao presence kind of useless in her own route...

Because in Hanako route, it ends at an earlier timeline of the game.
while Lilly proceed to further down the future timeline.

I cant help but think.
maybe given time, Hanako could also stand by herself.
Doesn't matter is Hisao there or not.
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'
Feuver

Post by Feuver »

Snelx wrote:
viduuskamen wrote:I agree...

me too.

In Lilly route, i feel happy for Hanako of her strong-will
But, i kind of feel sad/ lonely that Hanako can stand with her own feet without Hisao.
Makes me wonder is Hisao presence kind of useless in her own route...

Because in Hanako route, it ends at an earlier timeline of the game.
while Lilly proceed to further down the future timeline.

I cant help but think.
maybe given time, Hanako could also stand by herself.
Doesn't matter is Hisao there or not.
In fact, I think it's exact. No matter what happens, Hisao will not matter to Hanako. That's what turns me off of her I suppose. If you play Lilly's arc first ( I didn't), you can notice that Hanako achieves great things without the presence of Hisao to protect her. Since Lilly is gone for two weeks as well, and Hisao is focused on Lilly rather than her, then she can re-focus her life.

Accurately, like said somewhere else, Hanako's bad ending happens during Lilly's arc, however,instead of deciding quickly that she hates you both, she decides to show you and Lilly how she can become a more outgoing person, makes a friend and even become part of a club. It's sort of a better ending than her good ending, in a way.

The only difference if Hisao stays with Hanako is that she probably grown up to a woman sooner, but only by like, a month's margin, and even then, she might still have problems if Hisao acts like an idiot again.