Direct Download ETA?

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Benkei

Direct Download ETA?

Post by Benkei »

First of all, I want to thank you all for your hard work on the game. I have been enjoying it immensely so far. Really impressive stuff. And I'm only registering 10% completion. Nice. :)

But I have a friend whose own Katawa Shoujo adventure hasn't been able to get off the ground yet. You see, she can't do BitTorrent for some reason (I think her ISP just doesn't allow it or something?) and so she relies on direct downloads to get what most of us get through BT trackers. She and I were wondering when you think the DDL mirrors will come back online for Katawa Shoujo. I see that they're still down but I also see that you've updated the Linux torrent links in the very same blog post, indicating that it's probably more than simple oversight or forgetting to the put the links back. So I thought I'd ask the team for clarification about the DDL situation. Have you guys encountered any problems with securing adequate mirrors? And/or do you have an estimate as to when you think the DDLs will become available? I don't mean to pry, I'm just excited to help my friend get her own KS journey started so she and I can start bouncing ideas off of one another and discussing what we've enjoyed about the game.

Thanks very much, and apologies if this has already been answered. (I promise, I looked on the blog and on the forums before posting this, so if I missed any places where you've already addressed this very question, chalk my oversight up to cortical Kenjivision. >_<)
aspheric

Re: Direct Download ETA?

Post by aspheric »

grab the files and upload them to mediafire for her or something similar

Post by default »

I would also like to know when DDL will be, as the torrent is not working for me.
Benkei

Post by Benkei »

aspheric wrote:grab the files and upload them to mediafire for her or something similar
I would do that except:
(1) I would require permission from the devs first, and the devs are more likely to restore their own mirrors before they'd give out permission for others to upload this anyway; and
(2) I'm pretty sure you have to have an account with sites like Mediafire, MegaUpload, FileSonic, etc etc, if you want to upload files that are as large as KS is.

So, I figured I would ask the devs first. If the ETA is some time within the next 48 hours, then she'll probably choose to wait. If it's going to be longer than that, and if the devs give it the green light, then I'd probably investigate whether anyone has uploaded the file already -- it seems that some have and are just waiting for final approval before sharing their links publically -- and would share those uploaders' links with my friend.

Post by Guest »

Same, I wish I had downloaded the DDL when I could, despite being reminded, I still forgot. orz

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Same, I wish I had downloaded the DDL when I could, despite being reminded, I still forgot. orz
I did download the DDL before it was brought down. It was a 20 mb file that can't be installed. They brought it down for a reason and you did not miss out on anything by forgetting it.
Benkei

Post by Benkei »

Still no word from the devs? :( No idea why they're remaining mum on this. Bumping this in the hopes that they'll break their silence and let us know what the situation is regarding the missing DDLs.
PoonCoon

Post by PoonCoon »

Because I feel generous as I troll these forums get her to use THIS: http://www.tribler.org/Download Different torrent client I have the same issues with bittorrent she is having.
tony246

Post by tony246 »

Also bumping this for information on DDL, as in I really just want information on the DDL and nothing more.
I'm not good with this sort of thing, so I"m just going to say it here:
Thank you, Four Leaf Studios.

That is all.
Peorth
Zenryoku Zenkai!

Post by Peorth »

http://www.badskater.eu/ Use these, semi-official (as in the devs know of it's existence and have not asked for it to be shut down.)
Alternatively:
http://www.multiupload.com/REYWZOB11B
Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stopped, the story will not end.

Whether it's a comedy or a tragedy, if there is cheering, the story will continue on.
Just like the many lives.
For the us who are still in it and still in the journey, send warm blessings.

---We will continue to walk down this path until eternity.
tony246

Post by tony246 »

Out of curiosity, why isn't the DDL on the actual website and blog working? It is rather just a curiosity for me.
I'm not good with this sort of thing, so I"m just going to say it here:
Thank you, Four Leaf Studios.

That is all.
Peorth
Zenryoku Zenkai!

Post by Peorth »

tony246 wrote:Out of curiosity, why isn't the DDL on the actual website and blog working? It is rather just a curiosity for me.
Not sure, sorry.
Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stopped, the story will not end.

Whether it's a comedy or a tragedy, if there is cheering, the story will continue on.

Sander

Post by Sander »

Peorth wrote:http://www.badskater.eu/ Use these, semi-official (as in the devs know of it's existence and have not asked for it to be shut down.)
Alternatively:
http://www.multiupload.com/REYWZOB11B
Thanks for the link, mate! As a sign of appreciation, please enjoy this funny picture whose author I am not.

http://www.cavcomics.com/quirksmith/arc ... 070830.jpg
someone out there

Post by someone out there »

Anyone has the link for the mac one?
Peorth
Zenryoku Zenkai!

Post by Peorth »

someone out there wrote:Anyone has the link for the mac one?
The link I posted has all three available.