Odds of KS getting a sequel?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

CowPrint

Odds of KS getting a sequel?

Post by CowPrint »

Seriously what are the odds of a sequel? I hate just being left there "assuming," or imagining what happens after graduation. What happens in college? But I imagine anyway... So, yeah.
In my personal view I wouldn't mind a sequel, yet I'd accept the fact there never being an official sequel.
rhfs

Re: Odds of KS getting a sequel?

Post by rhfs »

4LS have already said there won't be a sequel.
Kyou_kun

Post by Kyou_kun »

What happens afterwards is up to your imagination.

And as state above me, there won't be a sequel.
Wonderboy

Post by Wonderboy »

Nil. The devs said that the team came together for this project only and there's not much point to write a sequel to a story that is finished. "Happily ever after" (sort of)
CowPrint

Post by CowPrint »

I know they stated it but, companies (or small indie groups) have decided to make multiple games, even though they've decided not to before. Not only that but I still feel like I was just kinda... Left hanging for something else to happen in a completed path...
@Nil
A story hasn't "ended" till the narrator dies of old age.
CowPrint

Post by CowPrint »

Actually not only that, I've noticed some paths only go to Hisao's 3rd year, while one (or two) goes to his graduating year.
Kyou_kun

Post by Kyou_kun »

CowPrint wrote:I know they stated it but, companies (or small indie groups) have decided to make multiple games, even though they've decided not to before. Not only that but I still feel like I was just kinda... Left hanging for something else to happen in a completed path...
@Nil
A story hasn't "ended" till the narrator dies of old age.
Well for this project it was really just a group of volunteers. (As far as I know)
CowPrint

Post by CowPrint »

While they were just a group of volunteers, making a visual novel as emotional as ks is to some extent, isn't something to be taken lightly, and I'm sure that you aren't. But they way you put your last statement was kind of understating yourself? I think that's what I'm thinking, but really. They did this for the joy of the player, and I still don't see why the just left it hanging like that, and in my opinion it wouldn't have hurt them to go an extra mile to at least graduation for all the paths.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

CowPrint wrote:Actually not only that, I've noticed some paths only go to Hisao's 3rd year, while one (or two) goes to his graduating year.
The third year IS the graduation year. Hisao arrives at Yamaku about one month into the last school year.
Most paths end before the summer holidays, one ends with the graduation day in march.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Kyou_kun

Post by Kyou_kun »

CowPrint wrote:While they were just a group of volunteers, making a visual novel as emotional as ks is to some extent, isn't something to be taken lightly, and I'm sure that you aren't. But they way you put your last statement was kind of understating yourself? I think that's what I'm thinking, but really. They did this for the joy of the player, and I still don't see why the just left it hanging like that, and in my opinion it wouldn't have hurt them to go an extra mile to at least graduation for all the paths.
Actually, since I've worked on a translation team for an eroge series, I admit that satisfying the player to some point is a huge reason and the other is how much you like it.
And didn't they already graduate in Shizune's route?

I just wish that all routes had some dialogue after the credits like in Lilly's route
CowPrint

Post by CowPrint »

Kyou_kun wrote:
CowPrint wrote:While they were just a group of volunteers, making a visual novel as emotional as ks is to some extent, isn't something to be taken lightly, and I'm sure that you aren't. But they way you put your last statement was kind of understating yourself? I think that's what I'm thinking, but really. They did this for the joy of the player, and I still don't see why the just left it hanging like that, and in my opinion it wouldn't have hurt them to go an extra mile to at least graduation for all the paths.
Actually, since I've worked on a translation team for an eroge series, I admit that satisfying the player to some point is a huge reason and the other is how much you like it.
And didn't they already graduate in Shizune's route?

I just wish that all routes had some dialogue after the credits like in Lilly's route
They made it to the graduation in Shizune's path, while in some paths it was just left at summer break in 3rd year (Rin), which is something I really don't entirely get...
I agree, some dialogue at the end would've been a lot longer stretch then I felt that it was.
Morishmael

Post by Morishmael »

CowPrint wrote:Actually not only that, I've noticed some paths only go to Hisao's 3rd year, while one (or two) goes to his graduating year.
In Japan they only go to High School for 3 years and KS takes place during the 3rd year. The reason you might be confused on that is because not all routes go through the end of the school year, their events being condensed into shorter times periods, with the rest just being assumed as to have gone well, the major conflicts having been resolved. I've done Shizune's, Lilly's, and Emi's paths and Shizune's goes to the end of the school year, actually showing graduation, Lilly's has virtually all of the events happen before the 2nd festival (at least, thats what you can assume given that they say at one point that because she plans on going to live with her parents they are going to miss the 2nd festival, and thats pretty much the end of their path), with a time jump at the end to show they are still going strong and Emi's iirc doesn't go to the end of the school year either. That was my first path though so I might not be remembering that correctly.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I think Shizune's path lasted until graduation, because finding replacements for the student council was a major plot point. All other paths didn't because it wasn't necessary.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
CowPrint

Post by CowPrint »

Morishmael wrote:
In Japan they only go to High School for 3 years and KS takes place during the 3rd year. The reason you might be confused on that is because not all routes go through the end of the school year, their events being condensed into shorter times periods, with the rest just being assumed as to have gone well, the major conflicts having been resolved. I've done Shizune's, Lilly's, and Emi's paths and Shizune's goes to the end of the school year, actually showing graduation, Lilly's has virtually all of the events happen before the 2nd festival (at least, thats what you can assume given that they say at one point that because she plans on going to live with her parents they are going to miss the 2nd festival, and thats pretty much the end of their path), with a time jump at the end to show they are still going strong and Emi's iirc doesn't go to the end of the school year either. That was my first path though so I might not be remembering that correctly.
My friend lives in Japan, and hes going through 4 years. Sorry, I was just a bit confused.
Kyou_kun

Post by Kyou_kun »

CowPrint wrote:
Morishmael wrote:
My friend lives in Japan, and hes going through 4 years. Sorry, I was just a bit confused.
Well it really differs, even in the U.S.
For example, up until I my freshman year, my highschool was a 3 year school, now it is a 4 year school.