heart attack path discrepencies

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Notguest

heart attack path discrepencies

Post by Notguest »

So far, I've played through Lilly and Rin's paths, and there seems to be a discrepancy in how Hisao's heart is treated. In Lilly's path, he has heart trouble frequently, but in Rin's path, there's only a brief moment, even though he doesn't exercise at all, probably missed his meds a couple times, and actually smokes at one point.
Snelx

Re: heart attack path discrepencies

Post by Snelx »

Hmm..

In simple word, Arrhythmia is the problem of irregular heartbeat.

I have a friend with something similar.

based on what my friend mentioned,
Sometimes, your heart will just stop beating for no reason.
so, if it is in your luck, it will stop a beat or two, and continue beating.
if it is in your bad luck, it will just stop.

no one really know what triggers the attack.
just that it is advise not to do anything that change the rate of your heartbeat suddenly
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'
Kyou_kun

Post by Kyou_kun »

Snelx wrote:Hmm..

just that it is advise not to do anything that change the rate of your heartbeat suddenly
So basically, Hisao was just lucky that it didn't happen as often in some routes?
ultrarare

Post by ultrarare »

Kyou_kun wrote:

So basically, Hisao was just lucky that it didn't happen as often in some routes?

Well, compared to the Lilly route, Hisao's daily habits are a bit different in regards to most other paths..

In Emi's path, he takes his medicine and exercises constantly. All the rest of the paths (except Lilly's), he takes medicine consistently. It can be assumed that he has heart problems in Lilly's path because 1.)He rarely takes his medicine. 2.)He runs after her at the end, without caring about his heart.
ultrarare

Post by ultrarare »

ultrarare wrote:
Kyou_kun wrote:

Well, compared to the Lilly route, Hisao's daily habits are a bit different in regards to most other paths..

In Emi's path, he takes his medicine and exercises constantly. All the rest of the paths (except Lilly's), he takes medicine consistently. It can be assumed that he has heart problems in Lilly's path because 1.)He rarely takes his medicine. 2.)He runs after her at the end, without caring about his heart.
The nurse (and Hisao) also mentions that the not taking his medicine is what is causing his attacks.
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

Kyou_kun wrote: So basically, Hisao was just lucky that it didn't happen as often in some routes?
Yup. and just like what ultrarare has wrote. The medication and light exercises could have prevented the chances of attack.

But nevertheless, other than medication, brief exercise may help to ensure stronger/ consistent heart beat -- (not sure :? )
there are researches that prove exercise does improve your health and lifespan etc.

but i shall not drag that topic into here :)
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

IIRC, he only missed taking medicine once on Lilly's route.
And I highly doubt that he took his meds when staying overnight in the city with Rin, so that's at least twice he missed them in Rin's path. So lack of medicine alone can't explain things.
ultrarare

Post by ultrarare »

Notguest wrote:IIRC, he only missed taking medicine once on Lilly's route.
And I highly doubt that he took his meds when staying overnight in the city with Rin, so that's at least twice he missed them in Rin's path. So lack of medicine alone can't explain things.
It's been awhile since I placed this path, but I remember him telling the nurse that he had just stopped taking them at a time.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I suppose the explanation "It's for story reasons" won't satisfy you? ^^°
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Akira

Post by Akira »

It was kind of hinted at a few times that he was having trouble with it on that path, like the little episode on the roof and a few other times too.
And since the doctors at the start and the Nurse at Yamaku were talking about keeping an eye on things until they're sure the medications were working, I'd imagine that he was just unlucky enough to have problems with them on that particular path. (Also, not taking them regularly probably didn't help).
Makes for a more dramatic ending though :)