Post Credit?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

darksideblue

Post Credit?

Post by darksideblue »

Ok so i have finished both the Shizune and lilly routes but I am confused. I got what appears to be the good ending for both but on lillys path i got a post credit scene that pretty much wrapped everything up.... with shizune i still have no idea how it ended. Its seemed like it was on an up note but no clear "lets walk off into the sunset" moment...
Brogurt

Re: Post Credit?

Post by Brogurt »

Lilly is the only route that has an epilogue after the best end.
It's pretty stupid, and implies that the devs favor her as the canon route.
darksideblue

Post by darksideblue »

boooooooo.... out of all of them i liked shizune, seems kinda mean to not give more closure than what they do.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Brogurt wrote:Lilly is the only route that has an epilogue after the best end.
It's pretty stupid, and implies that the devs favor her as the canon route.
You're welcome to think that's pretty stupid, but you're not welcome to interpret our decisions for us, especially considering we have stated outright time and time again that we have NO "canon" route in the game.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

I'd argue that Word of God takes a back seat to what is actually evidenced in the finished product.
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

I'd argue that what we say takes precedence to what you say.
I'd also argue that if you don't stop acting like a jackass you will find yourself in a position of not being able to do so any more shortly.
INFERTakuya

Post by INFERTakuya »

Seeing as the dev team's got their eye on this thread, I think I'll just throw this idea I just got out there. No idea how difficult it is, or if it's even possible to do so without a massive risk of causing bugs, but adding an epilogue scene after the credits for every route that only unlocks provided a Good End is achieved, along with scoring enough of...uhh...points with the girl in question might be a good idea.

Basically, something like Lilly's epilogue, except that you only get it if a Good End is achieved, along with making all the right moves in all the right places.

p.s. Excuse the song reference. >.>
Endings Obtained

Emi: Bad End|Second Chance|Good End
Hanako: Bad End|Neutral End|Good End
Lilly: Bad End|Good End
Shizune: -In Progress-
Rin:
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

One of the interesting things about this game is that the relationships don't just differ by who you end up with: the relationship dynamics are also very different between them. Lilly's is the only route with a post-credits epilogue, but it's also the only one where an epilogue is really necessary. The others provide some form of closure before the credits roll: the characters don't have their whole lives sketched out, but there's enough to provide a satisfying picture of where things stand, and where they are going for now. Lilly's is different: after the emotional roller coaster, things are left relatively unclear before the credits roll. To some extent this is because ultimately there's a clearer ever-after on this path than the others, but that's not entirely a good thing: it is also the closest thing this game has to a stereotypical VN relationship.

In other words, it has nothing to do with developer favor. Her path needed an epilogue: the others did not.
V2Blast

Post by V2Blast »

Nekken wrote:One of the interesting things about this game is that the relationships don't just differ by who you end up with: the relationship dynamics are also very different between them. Lilly's is the only route with a post-credits epilogue, but it's also the only one where an epilogue is really necessary. The others provide some form of closure before the credits roll: the characters don't have their whole lives sketched out, but there's enough to provide a satisfying picture of where things stand, and where they are going for now. Lilly's is different: after the emotional roller coaster, things are left relatively unclear before the credits roll. To some extent this is because ultimately there's a clearer ever-after on this path than the others, but that's not entirely a good thing: it is also the closest thing this game has to a stereotypical VN relationship.

In other words, it has nothing to do with developer favor. Her path needed an epilogue: the others did not.
Also, people should note: the different paths had different writers - and presumably, they had different views on how their path should end.
Pie is delicious.
techk8

Post by techk8 »

Someone is upset that his/her favorite shoujo didn't get an epilogue.

But then again, having an epilogue for each character would be nice. But hey, that's up to the developers/writers and they have the final word. Just my two cents.

I FUCKING LOVE LILLY AND HER EPILOGUE THANK YOU SURIKO BE BACK NEXT TOUR KTHXBAI
techk8 wrote:In all honestly, I don't care if it's an OVA or a whole series; it needs to end with the Lilly Good End, damnit! IT'S FUCKING CANON AND I'LL TAKE THAT TRUTH TO THE GRAVE.
[10:59] <@cpl_crud> Penises aren't spoilers; they are just disappointing in general
INFERTakuya

Post by INFERTakuya »

techk8 wrote:But then again, having an epilogue for each character would be nice. But hey, that's up to the developers/writers and they have the final word. Just my two cents.
This.

The v1.0 gives me some hope for content patches though. *Emi's puppy dog eyes*
Endings Obtained

Emi: Bad End|Second Chance|Good End
Hanako: Bad End|Neutral End|Good End
Lilly: Bad End|Good End
Shizune: -In Progress-
Rin:
Byne

Post by Byne »

They should just move the Lilly epilogue to be before the credits. Its not like its a time skip set many years later. School is still going on. I think it's even be set before the Shizune ending. There really doesnt seem to be much reason to have it as an epilogue, except to confuse people into thinking they've missed epilogues from other routes.
"There's a very fine line between not listening, and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life." - Private Leonard Church, Red vs Blue
Yo-yo

Post by Yo-yo »

It doesn't seem like favoritism to me at all. Lilly was the only character to get another scene after the credits, yes, but that doesn't really mean anything. Her path would have seemed exactly the same to me if they showed that scene directly after the hospital. It was just a minor time skip between the events before and after the credits. There were longer time skips in other paths. In fact, I don't really understand why that scene was pushed after the credits. They could have pushed the final scenes of every path behind the credits, and it probably would have seemed the same as what happened with Lilly. Hanako's path: Path ends after their breakdown in the park. Credits roll. Post-credits scene with them walking in town, implied to be a few days later, with exactly the same dialogue. Seems like an epilogue. Rin's path: Path ends after Hisao comforts Rin in the art room. Credits roll. Post-credits scene where after having sex, Rin leads Hisao out into that field. Epilogue. Just because Lilly's final scene took place after the credits doesn't mean her path contained he only true epilogue, it just seems that way. An epilogue is just the final scene in a piece of writing meant to show what happens to the characters, or to tie up any loose ends. Nothing says that it has to be after the credits, or that they narrator has to say, "One week later..." or something. Every path had an epilogue, most of them were just before the credits.
Carnificus

Post by Carnificus »

Yo-yo wrote:It doesn't seem like favoritism to me at all. Lilly was the only character to get another scene after the credits, yes, but that doesn't really mean anything. Her path would have seemed exactly the same to me if they showed that scene directly after the hospital. It was just a minor time skip between the events before and after the credits. There were longer time skips in other paths. In fact, I don't really understand why that scene was pushed after the credits. They could have pushed the final scenes of every path behind the credits, and it probably would have seemed the same as what happened with Lilly. Hanako's path: Path ends after their breakdown in the park. Credits roll. Post-credits scene with them walking in town, implied to be a few days later, with exactly the same dialogue. Seems like an epilogue. Rin's path: Path ends after Hisao comforts Rin in the art room. Credits roll. Post-credits scene where after having sex, Rin leads Hisao out into that field. Epilogue. Just because Lilly's final scene took place after the credits doesn't mean her path contained he only true epilogue, it just seems that way. An epilogue is just the final scene in a piece of writing meant to show what happens to the characters, or to tie up any loose ends. Nothing says that it has to be after the credits, or that they narrator has to say, "One week later..." or something. Every path had an epilogue, most of them were just before the credits.
Yeah what this guy said, I'm not really bothered by other characters not having their epilogue scenes after the credits. Personally I think the fact that there's so much difference between the stories and how they end just adds to how unique and awesome the game is, it definitely doesn't come off as favoritism.
"Stories never begin nor do they end. They are comprised of people living, an endless cycle of interacting, influencing each other, and parting ways. As long as stories are told they shall not have clear endings." -Vice President Gustav St. Germain