Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Re: Ask!

Post by Suriko »

Aster Selene wrote:What do they sell at the Aura Mart?
Normal convenience store items. It's just the same as any other Japanese convenience store.
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

Aster Selene wrote:What do they sell at the Aura Mart?
Katawa Shoujo devs, I think.

1. Was it difficult to come up with different stuff for Kenji to do in each route?
2. Were any sideways references to fan memes intentionally put into any of the routes?
leppiesamma

Post by leppiesamma »

When it comes to the music in the game, how much of a split in tracks was it between the 2 composers? Did Blue123 have much input or not.
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

Speaking of music, I've always been really interested in soundtracks, so I'd like to ask: What was the process for writing music for Katawa Shoujo? Did you ask the people in charge of the music "We need a track for this character/setting/mood, could you write us something?" Or did they see what you had written and then get inspired from that and write things on their own? Was it both of these? How exactly did you decide which tracks needed to be reworked and which didn't? On a more specific note, how did you end up choosing the Bach piece for the music box in Lilly's route?

Post by Guest »

Were time constraints what kept you from making an Emi/Emi's mother route with an incestuous threesome ending?
whoyou

Post by whoyou »

Since I see Suriko in the thread, a question:

I love the work you did in KS, and I know 4ls will not be whole/together again, but I was wondering if you enjoyed the project enough to think about working on something else?
Jintor

Post by Jintor »

What are the ages of the oldest and youngest developers at time of release?
Question

Post by Question »

So, I browsed this whole question thread, and it seems there isn't a clear answer whether Emi was a virgin before Hisao or not.

Could I please know whether she was or not? The answer, "Why does it matter?" doesn't really satisfy my curiousity.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who wants to know this, as there are tons of 4chan threads, facepunch threads, and other threads on this forum wondering whether Emi was a virgin or not.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Suriko wrote:
mildwonkey wrote:A couple of questions:

2) As devs, I assume that you are planning to, or already, have professions in the field of computer programming, etc. Is KS something that you plan to include on your personal resumes moving forward through your careers given is does have legit dev/coding merit, or is this something you will simply keep on your personal trophy shelf (perhaps on account of its content)?
Both are wrong assumptions.

No developers are professional programmers. That aside, none of us (at least as far as I'm aware) will be putting KS on our resumes. The content bars that.
The first part of Suriko's answer is true; I'm certinaly not a programmer.

However, I have referenced KS in general terms when going into meetings as a demonstration of an internet based team and so on and so forth. Should any further parts of my career call for a similar reference, I'm not overly afraid to use KS.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Juular

Post by Juular »

First: Holy crap, I've just barely tapped into KS and it's hitting me emotionally. Rather scared to continue based on what other people with similar experiences have said |:

Any plans to port Katawa Shoujo to Android?
ghost91

Post by ghost91 »

Hi 4LS,

The game was great, pretty amazing actually. The routes are interesting, brings the world to a new and different light, and ok, Kenji might be a nutter, but he makes the game a little more unpredictable. Definitely a plus point there. Each of the routes gives room for discussion as well, but isn't that how all games are supposed to be? Otherwise they won't be as memorable IMO.

Btw, Is there any chance of this game having voices tho? To me thats really the only downside to the game. Sure, we can use our imagination to see how they'd sound like, but its way more interesting to see how the creators of the game would wanted them to have sounded like. I don't even mind paying for the game if you voiced them... Cause its a really well made game.
Kyou_kun

Post by Kyou_kun »

ghost91 wrote:Hi 4LS,

The game was great, pretty amazing actually. The routes are interesting, brings the world to a new and different light, and ok, Kenji might be a nutter, but he makes the game a little more unpredictable. Definitely a plus point there. Each of the routes gives room for discussion as well, but isn't that how all games are supposed to be? Otherwise they won't be as memorable IMO.

Btw, Is there any chance of this game having voices tho? To me thats really the only downside to the game. Sure, we can use our imagination to see how they'd sound like, but its way more interesting to see how the creators of the game would wanted them to have sounded like. I don't even mind paying for the game if you voiced them... Cause its a really well made game.
I really doubt it'd get voiced since VAs are really expensive
FrozenKimchi

Post by FrozenKimchi »

Just saving some trouble
Juular wrote:First: Holy crap, I've just barely tapped into KS and it's hitting me emotionally. Rather scared to continue based on what other people with similar experiences have said |:

Any plans to port Katawa Shoujo to Android?
Q: I want to port KS to a different platform, what do you think about it?
A: The answer is no. Don't bother asking. Additionally, don't talk about it here.
ghost91 wrote:Hi 4LS,

Q: There aren't any voices. Are you interested in hiring some voice actors?
A: No. We decided on this early in development for a number of reasons, including (but not limited to): sheer amount of dialogue, the need for VAs for every character, and bloating of the already somewhat large number of developers. Please don't apply to be a voice actor, because we won't accept any. Modifying the game to include voices without official permission is also against our license.

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4717
Kaiio

Post by Kaiio »

Suriko wrote:
dudester567 wrote:Just wondering, what is the average age of the members of 4LS? I remember reading something earlier about teenage girls drawing the penises, and the question isn't that important, but I'd like to know if some people are like, teenagers, while some are in their 40's or something.

EDIT: also, I read about how on 2ch, the people there are insulting katawa shoujo because it's "discriminatory," any thoughts on that?
Sankaku's a tabloid, and they've cherry-picked responses. The 2ch threads can be seen for yourself here.
What about the people who don't speak Japanese?
dudester567

Post by dudester567 »

Will requests for sheet music be turned down? (Purely for learning how to play some of the songs; i.e., Breathlessly, it's capturing! :D )