Who got Rin's good end first try?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Pyro

Who got Rin's good end first try?

Post by Pyro »

I'll be honest, I made it REALLY close to getting it on the first try,but at point in the atelier where can't explain her feelings(not too sure about context) the two rather ambiguous choices (explain, i need to understand....ergh wtf they sound the same) I got led down the wrong end. I was really hoping i could get it 1st try too, got it right after switching choices. God, Rin's story really tears at me, especially any scenes involving her silent tears...
AdventChaos

Re: Who got Rin's good end first try?

Post by AdventChaos »

I must be awesome at this since I got everyones best ending first try without even going back and redoing what I thought may have been mistakes. But then I went back and got their bad endings. Which was depressing.
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

I too was felled by the then explain option, but got the good ending on my second try.
Jintor

Post by Jintor »

I was destroyed at the end of Act 3.

When I say destroyed, I don't just mean that I got a bad end. I mean that I couldn't touch Katawa Shoujo for the rest of the day because I felt too emotionally drained to continue.
Kyou_kun

Post by Kyou_kun »

Failed because of that explain option ;w;
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

Sounds like a mistake most people made. Maybe "Then Explain" is the new "I'm fine" from the demo.
Kyou_kun

Post by Kyou_kun »

Notguest wrote:Sounds like a mistake most people made. Maybe "Then Explain" is the new "I'm fine" from the demo.
Mind saying more?
I actually just found out about the game a day before release so I never tried the demo.

Also, she was the last route and the only one I failed in getting the good end first ;w;
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

I played Rin's route first (I'm a Rin fan), but like a lot of people, I had no idea if I was going the right way or not.

However, since I'm a computer programmer (pretty much the opposite of Rin's personality), I went through the entire story methodically, saving a new save for every decision point and always picking the first choice, since I was going to traverse the entire decision tree in any case. I didn't get the good ending

What the above mean karmically to this atheist I have no idea.
Some guy

Post by Some guy »

I actually found Rin's route relatively simple to maneuver. Although I was often confused and unsure about the decisions, I felt I understood Rin enough by the end to be able to make the right choices for the decisions which mattered towards the ending (IE the last two), and I subsequently got the good end first try.

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure how so many people were tripped up by "Then explain;" I knew not to choose that instantly, given how much she had stressed that she didn't know how to explain herself throughout the route.
Notguest

Post by Notguest »

Kyou_kun wrote: Mind saying more?
I actually just found out about the game a day before release so I never tried the demo.

Also, she was the last route and the only one I failed in getting the good end first ;w;
In the scene where you come back from the shopping trip with Lilly and Rin, Lilly asks whether you're ok. In the demo, the option to brush her off was labeled "I'm fine", leading many unsuspecting players to not realize that Hisao would overreact and instantly lock them into the bad end. In the release version, that option is called something different, presumably since so many people complained.

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:I went through the entire story methodically, saving a new save for every decision point and always picking the first choice, since I was going to traverse the entire decision tree in any case.
The choices are ordered randomly each time you play through the scene, so that doesn't really tell us anything.
Limbless

Post by Limbless »

Right here.

Often, looking at the choices presented, I would think aloud: "What the hell, man?"

But, really, it only takes a little bit of thought to get the right one. Just have to remember her personality and things she's told you.
BcDed

Post by BcDed »

I managed to get it on the first try, good thing too because I was so emotionally invested in the story I don't think I could have taken getting the bad ending. I was already in a dark place because of the rest of the story getting anything but the good end may have forced me to cry.
Is it really just a game, or is it a religious experience.
Yukito

Post by Yukito »

I kinda suck because I would have got the Good End with my first try. But then things in the game looked like kinda sad so I loaded and tried another option... and that messed me up. (yeah, the famous "Then Explain"...should have trusted my intuition :shock:)
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

"Then explain" got me, man! It just seemed to be the better option for Rin, since "I want to understand" was focused more on what Hisao wants, but actually it was the other way around. I managed to get the good end instead of the neutral end on the second try, though. (I think the choice between the good end and the neutral one is pretty obvious, but maybe that's just me.)
Member22

Post by Member22 »

i didn't know why, but I somehow stopped myself from instinctively picking a choice, thought about it for a good 2 minutes and then picked the 'understand' option. tbh I chose it just for the hell of it, but I had this feeling that this was the deciding moment
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate