The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mirage_GSM

Re: The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

Post by Mirage_GSM »

~ J O K 3 R ~ wrote:But don't get me wrong, I really loved Hanako's route, it was well put together and it kept me on the edge of my seat. Except my heart dropped when I found out that Lily and Emi got more H-scenes in there route It's not that I'm greedy to see, you know. But I would of want a equal respect of all of them, when coming to that.
I think this is the fist time that I've seen the number of H-scenes a girl gets in a VN used as a measure of the respect said girl gets :lol:
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
~ J O K 3 R ~

Post by ~ J O K 3 R ~ »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
~ J O K 3 R ~ wrote:But don't get me wrong, I really loved Hanako's route, it was well put together and it kept me on the edge of my seat. Except my heart dropped when I found out that Lily and Emi got more H-scenes in there route It's not that I'm greedy to see, you know. But I would of want a equal respect of all of them, when coming to that.
I think this is the fist time that I've seen the number of H-scenes a girl gets in a VN used as a measure of the respect said girl gets :lol:
LOLOLOL

I didn't mean it /THAT/ way xDDDD

But more of, they shouldn't just scatter the numbers
“There is something beautiful about all scars of whatever nature. A scar means the hurt is over, the wound is closed and healed, done with.”
- Harry Crews

(Somehow this reminds me of Hanako and yes, I'm a fan~ * W* ~ ♥)
scoopnokes

Post by scoopnokes »

~ J O K 3 R ~ wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:
LOLOLOL

I didn't mean it /THAT/ way xDDDD

But more of, they shouldn't just scatter the numbers
wouldn't want people to think, "Oh she has 3 more h-scenes left, story can't end yet."?
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

~ J O K 3 R ~ wrote: And yes of course the fanfic :3 And I saw in the other blog of who had the better route and I must say, I am a happy camper ^^
Could you elaborate on this?
It may be something I might be interested in.
sirdakz03

Post by sirdakz03 »

My deepest and greatest respects to writers and co-writers of Hanako's route. Manly floodgates flowed..

I loved how the route turned out to be. Plus the music... Damn <sniff>

It was a compelling story though. At first, I thought more scenes could be added because it seem to lack more of the "intimately" lovely ones like from Lily or Emi. But then again, I have quite understood Hanako's character at the end of the route. It was already feeling very romantic and heartwarming. Kudos, FourLeaf!
Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

sirdakz03 wrote:My deepest and greatest respects to writers and co-writers of Hanako's route. Manly floodgates flowed..

It was a compelling story though. At first, I thought more scenes could be added because it seem to lack more of the "intimately" lovely ones like from Lily or Emi. But then again, I have quite understood Hanako's character at the end of the route. It was already feeling very romantic and heartwarming. Kudos, FourLeaf!
I think thats the theme of this thread, it didn't feel quite as fleshed out but was still deeply involving and the changes in the character were there and profound enough for it to feel complete, I love Katawa Shoujo, I can't stop saying it xD
sirdakz03

Post by sirdakz03 »

Misfile17 wrote:
sirdakz03 wrote:My deepest and greatest respects to writers and co-writers of Hanako's route. Manly floodgates flowed..

I think thats the theme of this thread, it didn't feel quite as fleshed out but was still deeply involving and the changes in the character were there and profound enough for it to feel complete, I love Katawa Shoujo, I can't stop saying it xD
Yeah, I love Katawa Shoujo too... The devs rock! <still closing the floodgates>

Actually, of the 3 girls that I've currently finished, I was more into the story of Hanako. There's just something in Hanako's character that isn't of the ordinary (regardless of her disability). Yeah, Emi could have been cuter or Lily could have been more elegant but... Hanako's like... a very lovely person... :D
scoopnokes

Post by scoopnokes »

sirdakz03 wrote:
Misfile17 wrote:

Actually, of the 3 girls that I've currently finished, I was more into the story of Hanako. There's just something in Hanako's character that isn't of the ordinary (regardless of her disability). Yeah, Emi could have been cuter or Lily could have been more elegant but... Hanako's like... a very lovely person... :D
Lilly's isn't meant to be elegant, it shows how she grows and what kind of person she is throughout. Hanako's brings us in more cause she's cute and adorable that we wish the best for her and hope things go well for her since she's the sorta undervalued one.
Harco

Post by Harco »

For me, it's a bit of a paradox. For some reason I think an epilogue of some kind would kill my interpretation of the 'open future' they seem to share at the end, but at the same time I want to see more of them because their relationship, their 'journey' into said future, is only just beginning.
sirdakz03

Post by sirdakz03 »

scoopnokes wrote:
sirdakz03 wrote:
Misfile17 wrote:

Lilly's isn't meant to be elegant, it shows how she grows and what kind of person she is throughout. Hanako's brings us in more cause she's cute and adorable that we wish the best for her and hope things go well for her since she's the sorta undervalued one.

Well, I always thought Lily was elegant... That was just me playing, though. You're right in the bucket with Hanako there, that's for sure.

Harco wrote:For me, it's a bit of a paradox. For some reason I think an epilogue of some kind would kill my interpretation of the 'open future' they seem to share at the end, but at the same time I want to see more of them because their relationship, their 'journey' into said future, is only just beginning.
My thoughts too, exactly. At the end of the route, somehow we wanted to see more of them, likely a romantic and intimate state. But then again, the whole route was focusing on Hanako's development with her character... Additional scenes would've quite add some cuteness but it's still okay. :P
scoopnokes

Post by scoopnokes »

sirdakz03 wrote:Well, I always thought Lily was elegant... That was just me playing, though. You're right in the bucket with Hanako there, that's for sure.
Well Lilly is elegant, but more reserved and someone who holds her problems and others on her shoulders and worries about that ones close to her. I find she's more protective than elegant. Which is what caused her to have sucha passionate ending.
sirdakz03

Post by sirdakz03 »

scoopnokes wrote:
Well Lilly is elegant, but more reserved and someone who holds her problems and others on her shoulders and worries about that ones close to her. I find she's more protective than elegant. Which is what caused her to have sucha passionate ending.
Well, I thought Lily was just being a mother-figure, especially to Hanako. Her protectiveness must be natural but when it came to Hisao, it was more dear and sweet. We can talk about Lily in another thread, though.

Hanako, FTW! :mrgreen:
scoopnokes

Post by scoopnokes »

sirdakz03 wrote:
scoopnokes wrote:
Well, I thought Lily was just being a mother-figure, especially to Hanako. Her protectiveness must be natural but when it came to Hisao, it was more dear and sweet. We can talk about Lily in another thread, though.

Hanako, FTW! :mrgreen:
ah adorable hanako
dragonfi

Post by dragonfi »

I-I... have ... mixed feelings. *sob* But from the good kind.

(WARNING: If I understand it correctly, I don't need to use SPOILER tags for the good ending of Hanako's route. If I'm wrong, please skip the post, and point it out to me, so I can revise it.)

First of all, I would have liked to see more happy Hanako time. I understand why an open ending appeals to a wider audience, and it was really a good place to end the story. Still, some little epilogue would have been nice. Maybe just snippets from their future, Lily's reaction, some more warm and fuzzy moments, etc.

Apart from this little thing, I really enjoyed the story. It was emotionally powerful, in more than one way.

I'm still trembling a bit when I think about the scene in the classroom, for instance. That scene, Hanako's fear really got trough to me. In my opinion it was portrayed so well.

Also, It was nice to see the developers constantly departing from cliches, stereotypes and overused tropes (Hello tropers, out there). Adults were useful (Moutou in the aformentioned scene, among others), nobody held the idiot ball (Hisao had more than one opportunity, but I'm glad it didn't even came up as a Bad Ending option), Hanako did not had Perfetly Happy Sex (TM), etc.

The story also felt real, there was no point where I felt it forced, just for the sake of an outcome.

I think that the advice "Start moving, and you will get there." was really sincere, considering that the game was developed by people solely in their free time, and performed well above and beyond any expectations.

I was also a bit proud that I got the good ending on first try. The last question was hard, if It were any other game, I'm sure I would have choose the wrong answer (that being right), but I choose to trust Lily (and the devs, since they also showed good judgement so far), since she knew Hanako for a much longer time than Hisao, and also, thinking over it, that was the only real way for her to improve.

Now, my only problem is that I'm afraid of seeing the other paths and the bad endings, in fear that they might be subpar compared to this (seeing the high standards this route just raised), or be just as heart-wrenching. (I also don't want to see Hanako unhappy, which is quite likely to show up in the bad endings.)

(By the way, I'm just curious, my total time was around ~10:30. I wonder how fast did others finish, since I like to take my time, and savor the experience.)

tl;dr: Thank you 4ls, this game is really a piece of jevel that performed well beyond expectations. And I'm saying this, while only finished Hanako's path yet. It is really inspiring to consider that this game is the fruit of your hard work, passion and determinaton, that you put into it entirely in your free time.
Last edited by dragonfi on Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
scoopnokes

Post by scoopnokes »

dragonfi wrote:I-I... have ... mixed feelings. *sob* But from the good kind.

(WARNING: If I understand it correctly, I don't need to use SPOILER tags for the good ending of Hanako's route. If I'm wrong, please skip the post, and point it out to me, so I can revise it.)

First of all, I would have liked to see more happy Hanako time. I understand why an open ending appeals to a wider audience, and it was really a good place to end the story. Still, some little epilogue would have been nice. Maybe just snippets from their future, Lily's reaction, some more warm and fuzzy moments, etc.

Apart from this little thing, I really enjoyed the story. It was emotionally powerful, in more than one way.

I'm still trembling a bit when I think about the scene in the classroom, for instance. That scene, Hanako's fear really got trough to me. In my opinion it was portrayed so well.

Also, It was nice to see the developers constantly departing from cliches, stereotypes and overused tropes (Hello tropers, out there). Adults were useful (Moutou in the aformentioned scene, among others), nobody held the idiot ball (Hisao had more than one opportunity, but I'm glad it didn't even came up as a Bad Ending option), Hanako did not had Perfetly Happy Sex (TM), etc.

The story also felt real, there was no point where I felt it forced, just for the sake of an outcome.

I think that the advice "Start moving, and you will get there." was really sincere, considering that the game was developed by people solely in their free time, and performed well above and beyond any expectations.

I was also a bit proud that I got the good ending on first try. The last question was hard, if It were any other game, I'm sure I would have choose the wrong answer (that being right), but I choose to trust Lily (and the devs, since they also showed good judgement so far), since she knew Hanako for a much longer time than Hisao, and also, thinking over it, that was the only real way for her to improve.

Now, my only problem is that I'm afraid of seeing the other paths and the bad endings, in fear that they might be subpar compared to this (seeing the high standards this route just raised), or be just as heart-wrenching. (I also don't want to see Hanako unhappy, which is quite likely to show up in the bad endings.)

(By the way, I'm just curious, my total time was around ~10:30. I wonder how fast did others finish, since I like to take my time, and savor the experience.)

tl;dr: Thank you 4ls, this game is really a piece of jevel that performed well beyond expectations. And I'm saying this, while only finished Hanako's path yet. It is really inspiring to consider that this game is the fruit of your hard work, passion and determinaton, that you put into it entirely in your free time.
you should do the others routes or at least in my opinion lilly's since it involves some Hanako's develop to. As well it really doesn't matter how fast we finish it as long as, like you said, savor the experience of the story.