Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Re: Ask!

Post by Guest »

Aura wrote:
IBlameRoadSuess wrote:I'm not really wondering anything about the game itself, but wondering if there were any plans to release the redone soundtrack from the full game.
Would be ridiculously awesome.
*Wants Red Velvet and Hokabi*
Yes.
Will this include the tracks in the promo vids?

I particularly love the one for focus.
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

Do you guys have a timeline for the events that happen in each route and how they line up in terms of time? If so, could you share it? Because if you don't, fans are probably going to try and come up with one anyway.
KeWano

Post by KeWano »

Further going in on the question on the soundtrack, I don't know if it has already been asked, but will it contain the music from Mike Inel's videos? Espicially thinking about the piano piece in Hanako's video, since it doesn't seem to appear as a track in the game nor the in the Extras section.
"I’m trying to experience. People probably don’t do this enough." -Rin Tezuka.
Dr_Smurph

Post by Dr_Smurph »

I don't really have questions. I am a writer myself, not that good yet. I was inspired though by what you guys have done. I really appreciate the endings given. Good endings left you with enough to feel satisfied but still enough to let you use your imagination. The writing is simple for the most part, but not in a bad way. It made me realize I don't have to write complexly to portray emotions. Well done.

Thanks for all your hard work.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

sporkaganza wrote:Do you guys have a timeline for the events that happen in each route and how they line up in terms of time? If so, could you share it? Because if you don't, fans are probably going to try and come up with one anyway.
Yes and no. Feel free to patch up one if you like. There will be inconsistencies.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Was Hisao's sweatervest based on any one in particular? One that I could... perhaps... buy somewhere?
iamnuff

Post by iamnuff »

i have a question,

when i load the main menu, i have 3 pictures of hanako and one of hisato,

is this normal? why just hanako? or does the game KNOW what route i am playing (reading what savefiles i have?)

EDIT: just noticed that all of the pictures are chapter pictures. does it just show the pictures for every chapter i have completed?

feels stupid for overthinking things.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

iamnuff wrote:i have a question,

is this normal? why just hanako? or does the game KNOW what route i am playing (reading what savefiles i have?)

its a little strange to open the game and see her before i even press load/new. likes she was waiting for me to come back :(
The little cards visible on the main menu correspond to which acts you've completed. So yes, it reads your progress.
Rivin

Post by Rivin »

Aura wrote:
Rivin wrote:this is kinda a short two questions..
Is it true that shinji was based off of quirks from certain 4LS crew members or something? I heard that somewhere, but couldn't find it in the old q+a to verify it, but I thought it was interesting..
My other question is, is there any particular reason you guys don't want to do VNs anymore? I mean I can understand getting burnt out or wanting to do something different, but you guys made the best VN I think I've ever played (and it seems like many could agree)... It just seems a shame we won't see any more from such talented people someday..
Thanks!
Kenji is maybe more like a parody of his creator's, A22's more extreme aspects, with some added flavour like the misogyny and such.

There's no particular reason. We just want to wind down, not having to constantly worry about a project like this is very relaxing compared to the perpetual stress that has hung over our "free time" for the past five years.
that's exactly what I wanted to know (about kenji) :)
and I understand.. I mean I can only imagine the stress and stuff, but it still makes some fans like myself sad.. But I know that you guys have your own lives and I simply thank you for putting it out in the first place.. I can only hope someday, you guys might change your minds, because you guys really have made a simply stunning game here.. Thanks again!

Post by Guest »

Suriko wrote:
iamnuff wrote:i have a question,

its a little strange to open the game and see her before i even press load/new. likes she was waiting for me to come back :(
The little cards visible on the main menu correspond to which acts you've completed. So yes, it reads your progress.
Just want to say, thank for you your work on Lilly and Hanako, two of the most beautiful characters seen in recent years :)
Yo-yo

Post by Yo-yo »

Now that so many people are talking about the full game, have any of the writers noticed comments that made them want to go back and change something in their path?

and

Was there an official team of beta testers, or did you all just look over the game yourselves before release?
Valneron

Post by Valneron »

A question that might have been answered before, not sure, can find any source.

But with the release, will any merchandise be released? I'm not the type to flaunt in public with this stuff like shirts and etc, but I do enjoy posters and the like.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Aura wrote:
Byne wrote:Do the events in other paths still happen if you dont follow that path?

For example, does Rin still do the art exhibition if you follow Shizune's path? Do Misha and Shizune still have a fight if you are following Hanako's path? Does Lilly go back to Scotland if you're following Emi's path?
Yes, the stories are parallel. Obviously events instigated by Hisao might not happen. Will Rin do the art exhibition if Hisao is not there to encourage her and so on?
Hmm... In Shizune's path Lilly seems to still attend Yamaku after the summer holidays...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Evvinartopski

Post by Evvinartopski »

Aura wrote:
sporkaganza wrote:Do you guys have a timeline for the events that happen in each route and how they line up in terms of time? If so, could you share it? Because if you don't, fans are probably going to try and come up with one anyway.
Yes and no. Feel free to patch up one if you like.
Here come the Legend of Zelda-esque timeline theories...
Not that that would be a bad thing...

My question, though it might've been answered before this thread ever happened:
To the main writers/artists of one character route, would/do you still enjoy playing the other routes? Or has developing the game in general spoiled the entire storyline/gameplay from your player's point of view?
Grayfox

Post by Grayfox »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
Aura wrote:
Byne wrote:Do the events in other paths still happen if you dont follow that path?

For example, does Rin still do the art exhibition if you follow Shizune's path? Do Misha and Shizune still have a fight if you are following Hanako's path? Does Lilly go back to Scotland if you're following Emi's path?
Yes, the stories are parallel. Obviously events instigated by Hisao might not happen. Will Rin do the art exhibition if Hisao is not there to encourage her and so on?
Hmm... In Shizune's path Lilly seems to still attend Yamaku after the summer holidays...
In all fairness, would Lilly have left Hanako all alone? Because in Shizune's path, Hisao doesn't hang out with Lilly or Hanako, so it isn't like there's another person there to hang out with her.
Last edited by Grayfox on Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... The only thing I was good at. But at least I always fought for what I believed in."
-Frank Jaegar

Completion Percentage: 100%

Paths Complete: Emi, Hanako, Lilly, Rin, Shizune

Current Path: Hanako (2nd Playthrough)