Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

lostgryphon

Re: Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

Post by lostgryphon »

This story is absolutely phenomenal...

Finding myself wincing, cringing, feeling downright awful at certain points. It's hitting way too close to home, over and over again. Keeps reminding me of this girl I've know for years. Random conversations. The occasional musing. Out of my reach. Unrequited feelings we've both failed to express or properly comprehend. The whole bit.

I've been up all night long unable to stop.

The writer deserves a damn medal. The artists too. The whole studio. Fantastically done.
Lithdoran

Post by Lithdoran »

Does anyone know of or have a guide for all of Rin's endings?

I've also heard rumors of a secret path for Rin, I take this with a grain of salt, but I'm still curious.
Kaiio

Post by Kaiio »

I think it was mentioned somewhere in the forum, not sure if this thread.
Avoid "then explain" and "arent you glad..." one leads to the 1st bad ending, the other to the second bad ending, avoiding them leads to the good ending, other choices don't matter - how to reach the endings
KeWano

Post by KeWano »

Lithdoran wrote:Does anyone know of or have a guide for all of Rin's endings?

I've also heard rumors of a secret path for Rin, I take this with a grain of salt, but I'm still curious.
I think there were a spreadsheet somewhere in this thread to guide you to all endings.
Basically, if you choose "Then explain" in "things you hate" you get the first bad ending, and you get the other when you choose "But aren't you happy if..." in "the Scene", you get the other bad ending.

Well, you piqued my interest with your last sentence there. I don't think it's true though.
"I’m trying to experience. People probably don’t do this enough." -Rin Tezuka.
Lithdoran

Post by Lithdoran »

KeWano wrote:

I think there were a spreadsheet somewhere in this thread to guide you to all endings.
Basically, if you choose "Then explain" in "things you hate" you get the first bad ending, and you get the other when you choose "But aren't you happy if..." in "the Scene", you get the other bad ending.

Well, you piqued my interest with your last sentence there. I don't think it's true though.
I've gotten the 'good ending' where the story ended on us being together.

I just want to view ALL the endings.

I also don't find much truth to it, but you never know.
KeWano

Post by KeWano »

Lithdoran wrote:
KeWano wrote:

I've gotten the 'good ending' where the story ended on us being together.

I just want to view ALL the endings.

I also don't find much truth to it, but you never know.
Well, if you haven't made checkpoints at the times you get to pick between different options, the only thing you can do to get the other endings is to replay Rin's path altogether.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

There once was a false rumour about a secret second Rin ending in the Act 1 demo. I guess that is what you're talking about.
Rin's path has three endings. one good and two bad ones.

@ultrarare:
I think was Fronzel was getting at is that the "Then explain" option leads to a bad end, even though you get the exact same dialogue in Act IV anyway and this time it doesn't (necessarily) lead to a bad end.
Personally, I thought the dialogue following the "Then explain" option was "better" than the stuff you see if you choose "correctly". Yes, they get angry at each other, but Hisao finally tried to make Rin understand how he felt, and I thought that was at least a bit of progress for their relationship. I was a bit surprised to see the bad end shortly afterwards.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Fronzel

Post by Fronzel »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Personally, I thought the dialogue following the "Then explain" option was "better" than the stuff you see if you choose "correctly". Yes, they get angry at each other, but Hisao finally tried to make Rin understand how he felt, and I thought that was at least a bit of progress for their relationship. I was a bit surprised to see the bad end shortly afterwards.
The problem is that Hisao becomes so frustrated he gives up on Rin. At the end of Act 3 this is the end of it, but by the time this exchange occurs in Act 4, he's already promised to go to Rin's exhibition and going to that pulls him back into Rin's orbit.
Handle

Post by Handle »

Just finished Rin's route a few days ago.
Decent, but wish it addressed the MC's heart condition more...the writer seemed to have entirely forgotten about it, and its almost a joke near the end when Rin just randomly reminds the MC about the heart thing and the MC is just like "oh right, I do have something like that..."

Also, no footjob scene? kind of a lost potential.
KeWano

Post by KeWano »

Fronzel wrote:At the end of Act 3 this is the end of it, but by the time this exchange occurs in Act 4, he's already promised to go to Rin's exhibition and going to that pulls him back into Rin's orbit.
Love the reference, if it is was meant to be a reference to Hisao's own thoughts, that he was just a satellite, orbiting around planet Rin.

@Mirage_GSM
The "Then Explain" option seemed like the "correct" option for me too, but I could also see more reason of Hisao's outrage in act 4, when he has already stated that he wanted to understand her, instead of getting angry at her at the end of Act 3. The "good ending" outrage seemed more logical, since Rin had ignored to talk with him for a 6 days, just to come back and visit him and telling him to forget about everything and stating that she needs him, for no apparent reason, just because she "felt like it". And as Fronzal said, he already promised to go to the exhibition, so they would be able to "talk" again.
Jintor

Post by Jintor »

Handle wrote:Just finished Rin's route a few days ago.
Decent, but wish it addressed the MC's heart condition more...the writer seemed to have entirely forgotten about it, and its almost a joke near the end when Rin just randomly reminds the MC about the heart thing and the MC is just like "oh right, I do have something like that..."

Also, no footjob scene? kind of a lost potential.
Of all of them, it feels like Rin and Emi's path becomes the least 'about' their disabilities, and becomes way more about their personalities. So it kind of makes sense to lose the focus on Hisao's problems as well.
Yuno

Post by Yuno »

It should have been included in the release.
Anonymouse

Post by Anonymouse »

Does anyone know how to get to the scene between "Things you can't give up" and "Rose-tinted glasses" in act 3?
It's the last scene I'm missing until I get 100%.
ultrarare

Post by ultrarare »

Anonymouse wrote:Does anyone know how to get to the scene between "Things you can't give up" and "Rose-tinted glasses" in act 3?
It's the last scene I'm missing until I get 100%.

I think... you have to choose, "what about me?" on the hilltop chapter.
mobobby

Post by mobobby »

My first post on this board and it unfortunately has to be me being... sort of angry at the game. I have been up since around 3 am in the morning when I started playing (I started with Emi's path, which was awesome btw). My second path was Rin's and at first I really liked her. Her carefree attitude, her being an artist, and the 404 page on the main website all made me really like her but as I continued down her path I got more and more depressed, wondering when this would turn around and she would start actually liking the main character romantically drug induced kiss not included . As it went on I eventually turned on the whole idea of the couple, praying I got a bad ending just so I could go on but that never came. Hisao at one point yells at her, clearly indicating to me that that should be where I would get a bad ending, how it isn't I have no clue. By the end I was wondering how these two even came to like each other as friends, much less lovers. The ending left me baffled at how I had gotten there given what I had gone through.
That all being said, I love the game and am still playing it right now. I'm currently going through Lilly's path right now (also awesome) and I'll probably finish the game tonight.
I've been playing for 14 hours straight btw.