Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Guest8192

Re: Ask!

Post by Guest8192 »

Bit of an odd question:

regarding the BGM track 'Breathlessly' (plays in Rin's route quite a bit):
  • Was it composed by one of the two composers listed in the credits?
  • Was it created specifically for Katawa Shoujo?
  • If not, was it originally created for a different English VN project?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Akroma wrote:Why was the shopkeeper of the antique store given a sprite of hiw own ?

I mean, he only appears in what, 3 scenes ?

What's the significance of the guy?
He has no special importance, the scene visualization worked a whole lot better when he could actually be shown.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Guest8192 wrote:Bit of an odd question:

regarding the BGM track 'Breathlessly' (plays in Rin's route quite a bit):
  • Was it composed by one of the two composers listed in the credits?
  • Was it created specifically for Katawa Shoujo?
  • If not, was it originally created for a different English VN project?
Yes it was composed by Blue123, for KS.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"

Post by Guest »

One spot of dialogue with Kenji I noticed...

"But if I were going to kill someone, I'd do it by throwing them off the roof and making it look like an accident."

Coincidence? Or a joke/Easter egg?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

techk8 wrote:Let's stir something up.

First of all, thank you to all KS Devs, and most importantly to Suriko for unleashing a torrent of that feel onto /v/.

But something irks me. From what I understand, many people claim that Lilly's route has a higher quality due to being a personal favorite on the team, while Shizune's route...was disregarded. Now I may or may not believe this; simply the messenger. Just want to know what's your perspective of this rumor?
I don't really have any. I've read praise and bashing for every route. Which route is the favourite of some part of the audience doesn't really move me one way or another right now.

Post by Guest »

I'm surprised the Lilly route didn't have more two heads and sex with siblings given where the writer comes from.

Nah...it was good though.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Is there any chance we could get some summaries of the larger scrapped story arcs and such, now that the game has been released? And excuse my newfriendlyness, but isn't there a subforum only visible to devs where a lot of these types of things are posted? If so, would it be hard to set it so that anyone can view it? The main reason I ask is due to the statements about the developers having scrapped more content than what actually remains in the game. Honestly, I think it would be really cool to see the kinds of things that have changed over the years.

right here
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=568#p4907
crud mentions a "rubbish forum"
One man's trash is another man's treasure.
Extremist_Line

Post by Extremist_Line »

I have two questions, if you don't mind.

1. Did the community's visions and feedback alter how you wrote the story at all? As in did their views on certain characters and ideas they have influence you at all?

2. How did some, if not all of the story writers/artists (Hanako, Lilly, and Rin stick out to me in particular on this) feel when they began writing/drawing the sex scenes? Did it feel strange at all that the character they had been writing and drawing up to that point now had to be written and drawn having sex?
"Anyone can say they're your friend, few can prove it." -Me
Hanako >/= Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Rin
Currently:Finished all but Rin. Taking a break for now.
http://extremistline.deviantart.com/

Post by Guest »

Did any of the devs put themselves into the game as a side/main character? :P
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

How much did the writers interact with the other writers in writing their own paths? I know apparently Suriko cowrote Hanako's path, but other than that, did each writer pretty much come up with every idea and line of dialogue for their respective paths?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Brogurt wrote:Is there any chance we could get some summaries of the larger scrapped story arcs and such, now that the game has been released?
And excuse my newfriendlyness, but isn't there a subforum only visible to devs where a lot of these types of things are posted? If so, would it be hard to set it so that anyone can view it?
No, yes and no
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Extremist_Line wrote:I have two questions, if you don't mind.

1. Did the community's visions and feedback alter how you wrote the story at all? As in did their views on certain characters and ideas they have influence you at all?

2. How did some, if not all of the story writers/artists (Hanako, Lilly, and Rin stick out to me in particular on this) feel when they began writing/drawing the sex scenes? Did it feel strange at all that the character they had been writing and drawing up to that point now had to be written and drawn having sex?

1) No.
2) Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Aura wrote:2) Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Is that the reason you don't see any in KS? :)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Guest wrote:Did any of the devs put themselves into the game as a side/main character? :P
No.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
Aura wrote:2) Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Is that the reason you don't see any in KS? :)
Partially.