Imagined seiyuu cast for KS?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

adrt

Imagined seiyuu cast for KS?

Post by adrt »

We all know there's no chance in hell that KS is gonna get voiced or have an anime adaptation. But I imagined what the characters would sound like. I'm not that familiar with English voice actors, so I only have Japanese here. The seiyuu's role I added is the one that sounds the closest to how I imagined the character would sound, with a little changes in pitch or vocal mannerisms, of course.

Hisao: Yuuichi Nakamura (Alto Saotome, Macross Frontier)
Hanako: Kana Hanazawa (Nadeko Sengoku, Bakemonogatari)
Lilly: Rie Tanaka (Lacus Clyne, Gundam Seed)
Rin: Minori Chihara (Yuki Nagato, Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya but a little more talkative, of course.)
Emi: Kanae Ito (Elsie, The World God Only Knows)
Shizune: ... (Emiri Kato if they decide to add a voice-over to her sign language or her inner thoughts)
Misha: Eri Kitamura (Sayaka Miki, Madoka Magica)
Akira: Romi Park (Naoto Shirogane, Persona 4)
Kenji: Kappei Yamaguchi (Ranma Saotome)
Hideaki: (I haven't thought of one yet)

What do you think?
Last edited by adrt on Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
NubChaos

Re: Imagined seiyuu cast for KS?

Post by NubChaos »

*spots Naoto*

I APPROVE OF THIS MESSAGE

Naoto's my fav character from P4 if you didn't know by my avatar. :P

Hmmm... I'll throw out one possible English VA that I think would suit Hanako, along with some examples of other characters they've voiced, to give you an idea of what I hear when reading KS.

Hanako - Stephanie Sheh (Hinata from Naruto [would probably fit best in terms of tone and such], Hisako/Armor from the recent X-Men anime)

Given time I could probably think up others. I'd have to do some brief research :P
Been a KS fan since late 2010, and am grateful for all the devs do! You guys rock!

My faves:
1) Rin
2) Lilly
3) Hanako
4) Emi
5) Shizune
vaen

Post by vaen »

Hanako: Mamiko Noto hnggg (sawako from kimi ni todoku, among others)
Kenji: Norio Wakamoto. just because he's the most bad ass dude in all of Japan.
Lilly: Ayako Kawasumi (saber from FSN, among many others)
Emi: Rie Kugimiya (TEH Rie)

my 4 favourite seiyuu in KS? FUND IT!

and I will also accept Nana Mizuki for Hanako (Hinata from naruto)
Limbless

Post by Limbless »

I only have one.

Misha: whoever it is who does Pinkie Pie.

The correlation in intended manner of speech is unreal. AND personality, in a lot of ways. And colour, obviously.
Yuno

Post by Yuno »

Yuki Matsuoka as Hanako (Nana from Elfen Lied)
Kaori Mizuhashi as Lilly (Mami Tomoe from Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
Daisuke Ono (Hosaka from Minami-ke) as Mutou
all I can really think of
Last edited by Yuno on Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
animenutcase

Post by animenutcase »

For Misha, I can't really imagine anyone other than Yui Horie. She's already got the laugh down! Seriously, listen to Minori Kushieda's image song.

Hanako, I could sort of hear either Mamiko Noto or Yukari Fukui. Aoi Yuuki might be good, too.
Lilly... Maybe Kaori Mizuhashi?
Rin... I don't know. Natsuko Kuwatani?
Satsuki Yukino might be good for Shizune, even if we wouldn't hear her all that much.
I think Ai Nonaka might be good for Emi.
For Kenji, definitely Tetsuya Kakihara. After playing Corpse Party, I'm definitely convinced.
Worthington

Post by Worthington »

Limbless wrote:I only have one.

Misha: whoever it is who does Pinkie Pie.

The correlation in intended manner of speech is unreal. AND personality, in a lot of ways. And colour, obviously.
Andrea Libman. Also voices Fluttershy.
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios
Getchman

Post by Getchman »

i can totally see Billy Regan as the English voice actor for Kenji. He is the guy that provided Madarame's English voice in Genshiken and i see Kenji acting exactly like the guy.
Grayfox

Post by Grayfox »

I'm not very familiar with Seiyuus, but I could suggest english voice actors for some characters.

Hanako: Stephanie Sheh (I kinda agree with this one.)
Rin: Brina Palencia (The voice that most comes to mind here for me is Yue from Negima.)
Lilly: Karen Strassman (She voiced Aigis and Natsumi Moriyama in Persona 3, as well as Kallen Stadfeld in Code Geass)
Emi: Michelle Ruff (Rukia Kuchiki and Yukari Takeba)
Shizune: Doesn't really matter much, although for any sighs or noises she ends up making that might give a specific voice, I'd likely go with Windee Lee
Misha: Caitlin Glass (Hiyono Yuizaki from Spiral, or Winry in FMA)
Kenji: Vic Mignogna
Mutou: Stephen Blum (The biggest thing I can think of here would have been that he's the voice of Spike Fucking Spiegel.)
Nurse: Troy Baker (Kanji From Persona 4, Vincent from Catherine, and Abel Nightroad of Trinity Blood.)
Hisao: Derek Stephen Prince (Keitaro Urashima and Uryu Ishida)

Some of these are kinda ass pulls, but I'm set on my voices for The males, Misha, and Hanako.
"We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... The only thing I was good at. But at least I always fought for what I believed in."
-Frank Jaegar

Completion Percentage: 100%

Paths Complete: Emi, Hanako, Lilly, Rin, Shizune

Current Path: Hanako (2nd Playthrough)
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

I'm far more comfortable with English VAs than seiyuu. But I do have to say that Hisao is totally Yuuichi Nakamura, because who else?

Hisao: Hmm. Crispin Freeman (Kyon in Haruhi Suzumiya, Shizuo in Durarara), maybe?
Kenji: Greg Ayres (Kensuke in Rebuild of Evangelion, Yamazaki in Welcome to the NHK, Kaoru from Ouran High School Host Club). Or maybe get someone to play against type, like maybe Spike Spencer (Shinji in Evangelion) or Johnny Yong Bosch (I sincerely hope I don't have to tell you who he is).
Lilly: As I was playing the route, I suddenly started hearing the voice of Bridget Hoffman (Ryoko from Haruhi, post-timeskip Nia from Gurren Lagann) when I read her lines.
Hanako: Stephanie Sheh (Mikuru in Haruhi Suzumiya, Orihime in Bleach, Hinata in Naruto) would be the obvious typecasting choice. But I don't like that choice. I actually would give her the role of Shizune, if it weren't for the whole "can't talk" thing. (She's also Akira in Lucky Star, Mamimi in FLCL, and Kinon in Gurren Lagann.) As for who would play Hanako? Hmm. I'll have to think more on that one.
Shizune: ....Right, moving on.
Misha: Monica Rial (Renge in Ouran, May Chang in FMA Brotherhood) or Kari Wahlgren (Tsuruya AND Kyon's sister in Haruhi Suzumiya, Haruko from FLCL).
Emi: Not poplar enough to get a voice actress. Nah just kidding, how about... actually, I think I'd put Stephanie Sheh HERE. She can do bubbly pretty well.
Rin: I think someone already said Brina Palencia, which sounds on the money to me.
Akira: Hmm. Luci Christian, maybe? (I don't even know where to begin on her voice credits. She's done SO MUCH stuff!)
Mutou: Another one that just entered my brain. I just started hearing him with the voice of Mike McFarland (Havoc from Fullmetal Alchemist, Haruhi's dad whose name escapes me at the moment from Ouran, but more well-known for being an ADR director for stuff like FMA and Rebuild of Evangelion), and it just sounded right.
Nurse: Vic Mignogna, because that nurse is kind of a creep. Sorry Vic, I would say nothing personal but then I would be lying.

Of course, this list doesn't really work out, because some of these VAs work in LA and some in Texas, but what the hell, it's imaginary anyway.
vaen wrote:Hanako: Mamiko Noto hnggg (sawako from kimi ni todoku, among others)
Kenji: Norio Wakamoto. just because he's the most bad ass dude in all of Japan.
Lilly: Ayako Kawasumi (saber from FSN, among many others)
Emi: Rie Kugimiya (TEH Rie)

my 4 favourite seiyuu in KS? FUND IT!

and I will also accept Nana Mizuki for Hanako (Hinata from naruto)
I think if we're going to make Norio Wakamoto anybody, it should be Jigoro. I mean, come on!
webkid94

Post by webkid94 »

Hisao: Yuuki Kaji (Shion, Shu Ohma) (i like Yuuichi Nakamura but he's too deep voiced for Hisao IMO)
Misha:Ayana Taketasu (Kirino Kousaka)
Lilly: Ami Koshimizu (Kallen Kozuki, Yukiko Amagi)
Rin: Aoi Yuuki (Madoka Kaname) *This one is hard, cause Rin is just so confusing..*
Hanako: Kana Hanazawa (Kanade Tachibana, Tuturu Mayuri Shiina)
Emi: Kanae Itou (Ohana Matsumae, Sena Kashiwazaki)

Kenji: HIro Shimono (Akihisa Yoshii, Hiro Hirono) (Perfect for the manly picnic scene.)
Nurse: Akira Ishida (Akhrun Zala)
Akira: Kana Ueda (Rin Tohsaka)
Yuuko: Miki Itou (Taiga Fujimura - Fate/stay night)
Mutou: Whoever voices Dojima from Persona 4..dunno the guy but i can picture Dojima and Mutou sounding the same.
Poly

Post by Poly »

sporkaganza wrote:I'm far more comfortable with English VAs than seiyuu. But I do have to say that Hisao is totally Yuuichi Nakamura, because who else?

Hisao: Hmm. Crispin Freeman (Kyon in Haruhi Suzumiya, Shizuo in Durarara), maybe?
Thats honestly one of the better voice actors for Hisao I think. The whole time playing I kept putting his voice in my head when reading Hisao's dialogue. It fit pretty well honestly.
uwa

Post by uwa »

Limbless wrote:Misha: whoever it is who does Pinkie Pie.

Wow, you've found a way to make Shizune's bad end even more fucked up.
Emi > Lilly > Misha > Hanako = Rin > Shizune... I might just prefer women who put out a lot.
Mind-stickiness: Hanako > Misha = Shizune > Rin > Emi > Lilly
Burial_By_Fire

Post by Burial_By_Fire »

Rin: Satomi Sato
sporkaganza

Post by sporkaganza »

I just played RIn's route.

...I don't even know who can play her anymore. I'm not a hundred percent sure anyone can.