what are the best quotes from the game?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Anonimus

Re: your favorite quotes

Post by Anonimus »

Emi, Storage Space

When she said "ANAL" :shock: .... i immediately imagined her sayin it as Nishida-kun from Detroit Metal City did

After that i was unable to play KS for at least an hour due to laughter.
Yuno

Post by Yuno »

"It has to be like... Like the color you wake up and you know that you saw the meaning of life in your dream but can't remember it. Maybe it's yellow"
-Rin
Xevo

Post by Xevo »

"Anal." - Emi
"I merely have a healthy adolescent sex drive." - Lilly
"The problem is in your pants." - Rin
"Anal." - Emi
"I merely have a healthy adolescent sex drive." - Lilly
"The problem is in your pants." - Rin
"I'll tutor you." - Misha
"...?" - Shizune

I approve.
yuastnav

Post by yuastnav »

"Akira Satou is in the house! [...]"

Not particularly clever or anything and there are several other lines I liked but I just came to this point where she says it and the way she says it kind of stands out as compared to what happened mere seconds earlier.
"[...] it's just a ride."
DarkElfWizard74

Post by DarkElfWizard74 »

I'm surprised no one has posted this one:

"I'm not really used to this kind of thing. The first time Emi hugged me I got surprised and kicked her in the stomach. I can kick pretty hard so she hasn't been hugging me an awful lot after that."-- Rin Tezuka, Act 2 -- Rin's Path (when she gives Hisao a hug)

I went from crying softly to roaring with laughter within 1/2 a second. I'm still on Rin's path so I suspect there are more "d'awww-ROFLMAO!" moments to come.
Completion Percentage: 96%

Paths Complete (in the order I played them): Shizune, Emi, Rin, Lilly, Hanako
Paths Ranked (in order of my preference): Lilly = Hanako ( first 2 for "d'awww" factor) = Emi (more drama but plenty of "d'awwww") > Rin > Shizune

Katawa Shoujo: BEST GAME EVER!
NubChaos

Post by NubChaos »

There are so many times that I have busted out laughing on Shizune's route when compared to Rin, Lilly, and Hanako's route. Mostly due to Kenji's rants, but there's some non-Kenji funnies too.

Act 3, "Pangrammatic Window". It's a scene where Hideaki asks Hisao to teach him some sign language. Hisao grows increasingly frustrated with Hideaki's extremely mature and un-fun mannerisms, and has a little inner thought about it.
"It's like scientists managed to create a process to suck out all of the hyperactive, infuriating, and childish qualities of a small child and then implant them into the dad, creating a raging jerk dad, and leaving Hideaki."

"Raging jerk dad" is the main thing that made me laugh. Hideaki and Shizune's dad seemed pretty cool at first, but he quickly went into jerkass mode and started ranting and nitpicking at every little thing.
Been a KS fan since late 2010, and am grateful for all the devs do! You guys rock!

My faves:
1) Rin
2) Lilly
3) Hanako
4) Emi
5) Shizune
NubChaos

Post by NubChaos »

Dear God, everything that Jigoro (Shizune and Hideaki's dad) says is friggin gold. There's so much of him I want to post, but I'll settle for a few tidbits...

"I am writing an autobiography of my life and times. And by 'writing', I mean I am dictating it to my biographer. Unfortunately she is running late. Unprofessional. Perhaps you should read it once it's published later this year. I can put you on the waiting list. Maybe it'll give you the moral compass you seem to lack in your life, and inspire you to stop sucking."

"Your sweater is terrible and I want you to feel bad about it."

"I was guessing; a guess based on the fact that you are stupid. It's like how you are assuming I'm a lawyer, except you have no reason to think that. If you want to know what I do so badly, why don't you preorder my autobiography? Now you are insulting my book. and, by extension, my entire life. What gives you the right to do that? Arrogant. I'm trying to think of how I could make you understand my struggle. Maybe by beating you. With my autobiography. I hope you walk away from the beating having learned a valuable lesson. Like not making assumptions."

Jigoro is quickly becoming my favorite character who's not one of the main 5 girls (Rin still holds that position).
Been a KS fan since late 2010, and am grateful for all the devs do! You guys rock!

My faves:
1) Rin
2) Lilly
3) Hanako
4) Emi
5) Shizune
Rivinhal

Post by Rivinhal »

this has probably been said before, but it was so funny, I had to post it..
Kenji- "As the days go by, I realize more and more that you are not ballin'." Hisao- " We've only talked like four times..." Kenji- "Oh sorry."
I know the guy's like the perfect comic relief and all, but that caught me kinda by surprise lol..
Walpurgisnacht

Post by Walpurgisnacht »

AshWullfer wrote:Way to go Hisao!! (>v<)/
Gooo!! Embrace Hanako!!
untitled.JPG
HHHNNNGGGGG... my heart... so much manly tears ;_;
IBlameRoadSuess

Post by IBlameRoadSuess »

My personal favorite so far was from the Hanako route I think. Or was it Lilly's route... whatever anyways;

"...Even though I knew there was no shady ulterior motive behind said invitation, it didn't stop my mind from running away with the possibilities.
One guy. Two girls. In a dorm room. With a tea set. ...Well when you put it like that it does sound a little dodgy."
Fav Characters: Hanako > Lilly > Akira> Shizoon > Miki > Rin > Emi
Fav Character paths: Lilly = Hanako > Rin > Emi > Shizoon

I feel bad for Hanako cuz it seems that she's better off by the end of the game when you pick Lilly's route as opposed to her own.
Akira X Hanako shipper :3
Red_Machine

Post by Red_Machine »

Kenji: "Who is this bitch? Why are bitches all up in my business, stealing what I do?"

Classic Kenji.
Hanako>Misha>Emi>Lilly>Shizune>Rin
NubChaos

Post by NubChaos »

I don't remember the full-quote, but Kenji said something along the line of "our supple Japanese women being raped by sociopathic lesbian supremacists"

I believe it was in the same scene as the
Red_Machine wrote:Kenji: "Who is this bitch? Why are bitches all up in my business, stealing what I do?"
quote, as is this following particularly long-winded rant that Kenji once had for Shizune:

"I walked up to the desk and said to her, 'Hey, you fascist woman! What is this badge idea?! How out of touch can you be, here in your ivory tower, smugly looking down at us like we're a bunch of idiots? Who do you think you are?! Your level of elitism is terrible! You're probably one of those outrageous rich people who have chaffeurs drive them around slums so they can point and laugh... and only drink pricey coffee beans shat out by the last living dinosaur and brewed in a solid gold skull!! And how could you? Go open up a history book; don't you know that the bourgeoisie are always overthrown in bloody revolution for shit like this?! Stupid! You're an idiot! Sure, the revolutionaries end up turning everything into an utter clusterfuck later on, but a maniac is the only kind of person who would create a policy like this... it's like something I would create to make people suffer, only real and you want to institutionalize it! Where will this desecration of our rights end?! We are people! This is not justice!' That's what I said. Then I added in a cry of 'They can take our things, BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOMM!!!' to appeal to the masses like in that movie about the life of William Wallace where they took his things but not his freedom. and then killed him. ...But she just ignored me and didn't even look up from writing in her little paper shit. Maybe I overwhelmed her with my logic, so badly that she just retreated into denial. Maybe she's just an asshole. Either way, she didn't reply, and the future refused to change."

Oh Kenji... you have so many more awesome moments in Shizune's path than the others... :3

My faves:
1) Rin
2) Lilly
3) Hanako
4) Emi
5) Shizune
Jucez

Post by Jucez »

Rveniss wrote:Hanako route:

"This is me. All of me."
This. I love her :cry:

DimirAgent wrote:I played Emi's route after Lily's route. In Act 2 of Emi's route you run into Lily during Tracking Absences.

She says "I've not heard from you in quite some time. I was beginning to think you'd forgotten all about me."

I immediately stopped and could not play for the rest of the day......
I know that feeling bro... Hanako and Lilly's route have turned me upside down, i don't know if i'll ever find the courage to play others routes. I can't betray them...
rook

Post by rook »

Emi Route.

Birds outside stop chirping.
The wind dies down.
Somewhere, a man is drinking a cup of coffee. He freezes with the cup at his lips.

Laughed for a solid five minutes.
contown

Post by contown »

"Blue is not a flavor."