A few questions related to Hanako good ending (spoilers)

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

PrinceOfTales

A few questions related to Hanako good ending (spoilers)

Post by PrinceOfTales »

1. Why, of every choice she could make, Hanako choose to use sex to keep Hisao when she felt like he is drifting away from her? This seems very out of her character, and the fact that she thought of it makes me feels like she had to make this choice with someone else in the past, which leads to #2.
2. Not judging anything, but I am quite curious about why Hanako is not a virgin (as apparent from the H-scene, there is no blood shown, even though the vagina can be seen clearly), as she doesn't seems to be the type that would even talk to a guy (or anyone, for that matter) let alone sex.

And another thing, not really related to Hanako, but can be seen in Hanako H-scene...
3. Why does Hisao have a condom so conveniently ready? Normally it would make sense if he was a normal guy with a sexually active life. But it seems very unlikely for Hisao to have one because : a) he have a heart condition that might kill him if he get involved in rough activity - and sex is one. b) As his current love interest (in Hanako's path, that is) is an extremely shy girl who can be intimidated with just a stare, sex is out of the question. c) Hisao, up to right before the moment Hanako led him into her room, did not have "sex with Hanako" as a priority in his mind - he was too busy worrying about her.
That is not to say I do not like the condom in the scene - it really tells that the dev really thought out about responsible sex, and not following other hentai works where the male protagonist can have unsafe sex all the way in a harem and not get one of them pregnant.

Can someone speculate these for me?
Red_Machine

Re: A few questions related to Hanako good ending (spoilers)

Post by Red_Machine »

I always have two condoms in my wallet. I'm not sexually active and don't even have any girls around me who could require me to use one. I just consider it wise to be prepared for any eventuality.

With regards to the lack of blood, it didn't really cross my mind. I think I heard someone say they didn't include it because some people might find it icky or just for general convenience of not having to draw it.
Hanako>Misha>Emi>Lilly>Shizune>Rin
Grayfox

Post by Grayfox »

PrinceOfTales wrote:1. Why, of every choice she could make, Hanako choose to use sex to keep Hisao when she felt like he is drifting away from her? This seems very out of her character, and the fact that she thought of it makes me feels like she had to make this choice with someone else in the past, which leads to #2.
I'm not convinced that it's out of character, honestly. It wasn't just to bring him back to her. It was also her trying to more or less show to him that she isn't just some fragile being, and that she was a person, who could be treated as a normal person. That's something she made very clear that she wanted in more than one of her endings.
2. Not judging anything, but I am quite curious about why Hanako is not a virgin (as apparent from the H-scene, there is no blood shown, even though the vagina can be seen clearly), as she doesn't seems to be the type that would even talk to a guy (or anyone, for that matter) let alone sex.
For some reason, I doubt that she isn't a virgin either, although this is never explained one way or the other by her, other than she seems to all but make it clear that since the fire, the only person she ever really seemed to have before Hisao came along was Lilly. If she is a virgin, the writers probably didn't care to draw it or mention it.
3. Why does Hisao have a condom so conveniently ready? Normally it would make sense if he was a normal guy with a sexually active life. But it seems very unlikely for Hisao to have one because : a) he have a heart condition that might kill him if he get involved in rough activity - and sex is one. b) As his current love interest (in Hanako's path, that is) is an extremely shy girl who can be intimidated with just a stare, sex is out of the question. c) Hisao, up to right before the moment Hanako led him into her room, did not have "sex with Hanako" as a priority in his mind - he was too busy worrying about her.
That is not to say I do not like the condom in the scene - it really tells that the dev really thought out about responsible sex, and not following other hentai works where the male protagonist can have unsafe sex all the way in a harem and not get one of them pregnant.
Just because one isn't sexually active doesn't mean they wouldn't keep a condom in their wallet or in some way on their person. It's always better to be prepared for something that might not happen than to not be prepared for something that does. As the previous poster mentioned.

That's at least, how I see things, as they stand right now.

EDIT: Thanks to Extremist_Line for correcting an error in one of my points. I do remember it now that it was mentioned.
Last edited by Grayfox on Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... The only thing I was good at. But at least I always fought for what I believed in."
-Frank Jaegar

Completion Percentage: 100%

Paths Complete: Emi, Hanako, Lilly, Rin, Shizune

Current Path: Hanako (2nd Playthrough)
Walpurgisnacht

Post by Walpurgisnacht »

PrinceOfTales wrote:1. Why, of every choice she could make, Hanako choose to use sex to keep Hisao when she felt like he is drifting away from her? This seems very out of her character, and the fact that she thought of it makes me feels like she had to make this choice with someone else in the past, which leads to #2.

And another thing, not really related to Hanako, but can be seen in Hanako H-scene...

Can someone speculate these for me?
1: They both loved each other, and Hanako felt like person she loved the most was leaving her. She thought that Hisao wanted a sexual relationship with her, but she keeps pushing him back; she got worried that Hisao might be replacing her with (That brunette without a hand, I forgot her name)
2: Either the devs were lazy, or they thought that it would be gross to include, but either way she is probably a virgin.
3: Well it would be very problematic if he got her pregnant now would it. I thought I wasn't the only one who carries around a condom in their wallet... (Not sexually active anymore, ronery ;_;)
Zerix

Post by Zerix »

1. I, too, was a little confused at first, but after I thought about it for a bit, it sort of made sense. She loved him and she was afraid to lose him. I also think she was under the impression that by having sex with him, it would show him that he isn't some broken bird he needs to protect, but can make her own decisions and take risks. Of course, she was entirely uncomfortable with the entire thing, which is why the sex scene ended up being so awkward.

2. I haven't seen bleeding in any path so far, so I'm thinking the devs simply decided to leave bleeding out regardless of whether the girl was a virgin or not. I don't really think it needed to be included either. I was never under the impression that Hanako was not a virgin before giving herself to Hisao.

3. Actually, I've never had sex myself, yet I carry two condoms in my wallet. My friend randomly grabbed a ton of condoms from the place where my university gives them out for free (she's a little odd :P) and just handed them out to me and some other guys on the floor for some strange reason, so I was like "Why not?" and put a couple in my wallet just because I felt like it. XD I just never bothered taking them out, though I have no prospects for a sexual relationship at the moment.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

1. Not all women bleed when they lose their virginity
2. A woman can break her hymen masturbating while still being a virgin
Taggart

Post by Taggart »

I've just finished this ending myself and honestly 1. and 3. made sense to me

2. was definitely most likely a choice of "some people won't like this", she was definitely a virgin.

Now if you will all excuse me, I must get back to crying from how incredible that route alone was.
Extremist_Line

Post by Extremist_Line »

Everyone else has answered your other questions sufficiently enough. However, I too was wondering about not having the blood. I don't know why it wasn't mentioned or seen.
Zerix wrote:2. I haven't seen bleeding in any path so far, so I'm thinking the devs simply decided to leave bleeding out regardless of whether the girl was a virgin or not.
Grayfox wrote:Lilly explicitly states that she's a virgin, yet the whole bleeding thing isn't brought up in her path, that I can remember. I
Check again. It's mentioned in Lilly's Path. In fact, I'll give you the exact quote since it's very easy to miss.

"As I open my mouth to comfort her, I see the barely visible red drops from between her legs."

It's not reflected in the art, but there it is. As for Hanako, it's pretty clear that by her reactions she was a virgin.
"Anyone can say they're your friend, few can prove it." -Me
Hanako >/= Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Rin
Currently:Finished all but Rin. Taking a break for now.
http://extremistline.deviantart.com/
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:1. Not all women bleed when they lose their virginity
2. A woman can break her hymen masturbating while still being a virgin
Or - as I pointed out in another thread - by using tampons.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Nekken

Post by Nekken »

Or any number of activities: it's apparently pretty common among runners and equestrians. In any case, contrary to common knowledge it doesn't happen for everyone.
Walpurgisnacht

Post by Walpurgisnacht »

Extremist_Line wrote:Everyone else has answered your other questions sufficiently enough. However, I too was wondering about not having the blood. I don't know why it wasn't mentioned or seen.
Zerix wrote:2. I haven't seen bleeding in any path so far, so I'm thinking the devs simply decided to leave bleeding out regardless of whether the girl was a virgin or not.
Grayfox wrote:Lilly explicitly states that she's a virgin, yet the whole bleeding thing isn't brought up in her path, that I can remember. I
Check again. It's mentioned in Lilly's Path. In fact, I'll give you the exact quote since it's very easy to miss.

"As I open my mouth to comfort her, I see the barely visible red drops from between her legs."

It's not reflected in the art, but there it is. As for Hanako, it's pretty clear that by her reactions she was a virgin.
Maybe shes on her period, or maybe shes born with it.
MAYBE ITS MAYBELLINE
Lurker101

Post by Lurker101 »

I would entirely agree with guys keeping condoms in their pockets just because,if it weren't for the fact that he doesn't have on in other paths where it would make a lot more sense. For instance it's implies Hisao and Emi's first time was unsafe, and in lilly's case it was her who made sure it was safe without Hisao even realising it

With those in mind, I'm supposed to believe Hisao just happened to have a condom in his pocket in the one path that makes sex the least probable to happen?
Grayfox

Post by Grayfox »

Lurker101 wrote:I would entirely agree with guys keeping condoms in their pockets just because,if it weren't for the fact that he doesn't have on in other paths where it would make a lot more sense. For instance it's implies Hisao and Emi's first time was unsafe, and in lilly's case it was her who made sure it was safe without Hisao even realising it

With those in mind, I'm supposed to believe Hisao just happened to have a condom in his pocket in the one path that makes sex the least probable to happen?
Yes. You are. Because each Hisao is a different one. They have different shit happen to them, They also focus on different aspects of his personality. They also develop differently. One thing to keep in mind is that while a lot of guys will carry condoms in their wallet or whatever, just in case, a lot of guys also won't. I see no reason to not believe it, and honestly, anyone who'd actually complain about something as small as that (Not saying that you are complaining, but in case someone out there might be), I'd be hard pressed to find more of a nit to pick.
"We're not tools of the government, or anyone else. Fighting was the only thing... The only thing I was good at. But at least I always fought for what I believed in."
-Frank Jaegar

Lurker101

Post by Lurker101 »

I'm totally not complaining here, I loved the scene and I didn't care about it at all while I was reading.

Call it a case of fridge logic, when it was pointed out I couldn't help but notice that it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense compared to those other examples. If anything I'd expect it to be the other way around.

Unless ofcourse, that was the sort of protection he intended to provide for Hanako :roll:
Grayfox

Post by Grayfox »

Lurker101 wrote:Unless ofcourse, that was the sort of protection he intended to provide for Hanako :roll:
bahahahaha, I actually almost typed that exact thing in my last post.
-Frank Jaegar