Soundtrack Discussion?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Bardock9000

Soundtrack Discussion?

Post by Bardock9000 »

I looked through search to see if there was a discussion, only thing related was the demo threads and the soundtrack release question one.

Lets make this the official soundtrack discussion thread.

Honestly I prefer the classic "Student council" compared to the new one and I love the improvements on "Concord".
But mainly my most favorite would be "Everyday Fantasy" I personally feel it makes perfect idle music.

What got most reactions from me was the timings from Lilly's and Hanako routes, some of them didn't appeal to me much but they hit perfect spots when I listened to them and experienced the scene.
But euuugh "Caged heart" kinda scares me when you play it at certain intervals.
"This is me. All of me..."
Mirage_GSM

Re: Soundtrack Discussion?

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I admit it has been some time since I actually read the demo, but I didn't think the tracks were all that different.
When I started the full version, all tracks were familiar, and I felt right at home with them.
I might have to replay the demo sometime to listen for the differences...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
DRKO

Post by DRKO »

There is a good bit of difference between some of the tracks in the demo and in the full version. I managed to notice right away, especially Kenji and Rin's themes.

Personally, I prefer the older ones myself. However, the newer renditions are just as great as the originals, just different.
DarkElfWizard74

Post by DarkElfWizard74 »

I noticed the different soundtracks as well but it was still a good change (although I do miss Rin's old theme). Nonetheless, the soundtrack is incredible: "Comfort" was my favorite. That song makes me tear up as much as "Seashell" from Family Project does. Kudos to 4LS!!
Completion Percentage: 96%

Paths Complete (in the order I played them): Shizune, Emi, Rin, Lilly, Hanako
Paths Ranked (in order of my preference): Lilly = Hanako ( first 2 for "d'awww" factor) = Emi (more drama but plenty of "d'awwww") > Rin > Shizune

Katawa Shoujo: BEST GAME EVER!
Palas

Post by Palas »

Early Parity beats the new one completely. Painful History was really cute back then, but now it's far deeper and fits more the game.

My favourite is Moment of Decision. My least favourite is Caged heart - the song itself is awesome, it's just that I've already been imprinted with the feeling that, if it's playing, it's because I screwed up and my soul is going to devour itself out of guilt.

Remarkable tunes:

*Comfort
*Afternoon
*Painful History
*Nocturne
*Air Guitar
*Aria de l'Etoile
*Concord
*Wiosna
*Moment of Decision
*Caged Heart
Last edited by Palas on Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
Xevo

Post by Xevo »

I fell asleep yesterday with the "afternoon theme" on the background, and it still doesn't bother me.

Needless to say that almost every sound in Katawa Shoujo has been chosen perfectly.
"Anal." - Emi
"I merely have a healthy adolescent sex drive." - Lilly
"The problem is in your pants." - Rin
"I'll tutor you." - Misha
"...?" - Shizune

I approve.
LordBronas

Post by LordBronas »

The soundtrack imho improved a lot, even thou i didn't expect that would be doable after playing the demo.

I'm really in love in most of the songs, esp. the "Concord", "Moment of Decision", "Painful History", "Shadow of the Truth"

When i heard the first time "Hokabi" i was both confused and astonished that they managed to make such a... jumpy song that would end up in my mind for long.

All of them really manage to grab the mood of the moments.

I really hope we might get a chance to buy/download all of them as mp3's since nothing would beat a walk through the city with "Afternoon" or "Daylight" in the background.
Lilly>Hanako>Rin>Shizune>Emi
PasterOfMuppets

Post by PasterOfMuppets »

All the songs seem more "Full".
The added orchestral instruments in some, and the guitar parts in others, really bring out the song a lot more.
Cheers~
Good joke... Everybody laugh... Roll on snare drum... Curtains...

Hanako = Shizune = Lilly = Rin > Kenji > Placeholder > Emi
reddrake56

Post by reddrake56 »

Is there a way to download the full soundtrack of the story. I spend most of my time listening to game soundtracks and I like most of the music in this.
Erybis

Post by Erybis »

For those that enjoy Parity,there is a fairly entertaining remix. At least, I enjoy it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqf36ReTrDU
Yubiseiharukana

Post by Yubiseiharukana »

I was already overly in love with the "classic" Painful History, but I think the edits made to it in the full version were absolutely astonishing and improved an already emotional and brilliant song in many ways. There isn't a "remix" (if that's what we'll call it) I didn't like, but Painful History and Parity jump out as my early favorite updates.
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."
- Emo Philips
MrSabotage

Post by MrSabotage »

I was a bit annoyed when i noticed some of the songs where a bit different, 'cause i thought most of the songs already fit the game perfectly. but after finishing a route a grew to love the new versions at least as much as the old ones. more in some cases.
Steeve

Post by Steeve »

"Aria de l'Etoile" is one of the few pieces of music that has genuinely made me cry all by itself. They couldn't have picked a better tune for the heartwarming scenes.

Also, about halfway through the game, I started getting paranoid whenever I heard "Nocturne," since the first couple of routes I played (Misha and Hanako) featured them heavily in the Bad Ends.
NubChaos

Post by NubChaos »

The music box. 'nuff said.

Of course, I liked the entire soundtrack, and found myself preferring the remastered versions in the full game over the versions featured in the Act 1 Demo. Painful History, Shadow of the Truth, Moment of Decision, Breathlessly, and innocence are among my personal favorites.
Been a KS fan since late 2010, and am grateful for all the devs do! You guys rock!

My faves:
1) Rin
2) Lilly
3) Hanako
4) Emi
5) Shizune
Sajomir

Post by Sajomir »

Is anyone else bothered by the rhythm in Generic Happy Music's guitar? It's got such a nice melody going but then "skips" a lot.
Animator for the Katawa Shoujo Fighting Game
We are looking for additional animators and spriters! Please PM me :D