Katawa Shoujo Is Art

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

DarkElfWizard74

Re: Katawa Shoujo Is Art

Post by DarkElfWizard74 »

I've only completed two girls' paths so far (first Shizune's then Emi's) but I must say this: so far.......BEST VISUAL NOVEL EVER!!! While playing Emi's route, I cried as hard as the time I played Kana~Little Sister. Kudos to all of you in 4LeafStudios for creating this game; this game truly is art!!!
Completion Percentage: 96%

Paths Complete (in the order I played them): Shizune, Emi, Rin, Lilly, Hanako
Paths Ranked (in order of my preference): Lilly = Hanako ( first 2 for "d'awww" factor) = Emi (more drama but plenty of "d'awwww") > Rin > Shizune

Katawa Shoujo: BEST GAME EVER!
Lolz2day

Post by Lolz2day »

Now I feel bad for getting the game to early and finishing it too early. TTwTT
Erybis

Post by Erybis »

I love how Emi went from being the unpopular loli to one of the best characters. Just goes to show the skill of the writer.
Nightydreams

Post by Nightydreams »

Only now having finished the Hanako Path, I am even more surprised at how the dev's handled the H-Scene in her path.

It was amazingly integral to the story, so much so that missing it would most likely cause you to mis-understand or completely and blatently NOT understand the proceeding events. I simply love the tasteful way the H-scenes are handled and a appreciate more how it is indeed a story element not fan service.
I believe that a man should not go back on his decisions,
But here I am deciding to break that one rule of manliness.
Because I would rather be thought less of as a man,
Then be lost as a person.
-Alexander. Infinity Ocean

Attachment and Love, is Attachment and Love, regardless of time, space or circumstance.
-Terro, The saddest music in the world
VLSM

Post by VLSM »

Nightydreams wrote:Hello, This is Nightydreams.

I have followed Katawa Shoujo for a very long time, almost since it's conception.

For years I have simply lurked and watched, anonymously posted on shimmies etc.

But today I have made an account, simply to say this one thing.

Katawa Shoujo, is far more, than I could have imagined or hoped for.

Thank you, Developers, publishers, hangers-on, Forum Trolls, Lurkers, Shimmie fanatics and Oekaki panelists.

Thank you for creating something that has touched my heart so profoundly in a time when so little does.
I can say my experience is almost the same as yours --- just that I started with higher hopes on this game much more than you.
Stage 1: Katawa Shoujo
Stage 2: Katawa Shoujo: Fan disc ----> All but a dream of distant utopia.

99% completion: 2 more scenes to go T.T

Hanako>Emi>Lily>Rin and Shizune
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

Nightydreams wrote: There is such subtle beauty in it. From my first playthrough of Lilly's Path I was overwhelmed by the feelings that came to me through simple images and words. Never in my life have I been more affected by something so simple. I had once assumed the A Visual Novel like Narcissu was possibly the epitomy of the art that is visual novel and story telling in general.
I agree.

I never really read VN. Because i'm not really into 'reading' dating sims/ H-game etc. (more towards anime)
But nevertheless, Narcissu blew me off and become a VN that i could say it is wonderful.
and i couldn't really find any other VN that seems interesting to me

Until, a few days ago,
and i accidentally stumble onto KS.
which after my search, it has a unique setting about VN with 'disabled girls'
so since i have some free time, i decided to give it a try.

Who knows the story draws me in so fast
and without knowing i spend the rest of my 2 days just concentrating on KS.
I like how the story develop for Emi (not intended, due to playing without guide) and Hanako.

haven't tried the other yet. due to the 'unable-to-play-the-game' effect after finishing Hanako path.

But i know the rest of the routes will not let me down.

Just that it is quite saddening that i'm unable to see any future releases from this wonderful group!

Thank you for letting me having such enjoyable time!
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

can u believe this is free .... the guy and gals at 4ls deserve so much more then what they are getting for simply the best VN/ H game ever made ... the writing , music ,the story are great , i cried at the end of emi's and hanako's path and shizune path was really well done as well ( never played the other 2 paths yet working on lillys now ) ... if i have one request about this VN its do not change it at all ( like make it into an amine , movie and what not ... it will ruin the experence for me compeletly ) ... remember its just my opinion
FutureNinjaOni

Post by FutureNinjaOni »

You stole the words right out of my mouth and sentenced them better than I ever could, OP!

Goddamn I'm so lucky I stumbled upon this (Thank you piratebay for tugging at my curiousity on what peeps be downloading most in the game section! (I have Steam, don't judge me! D: )) otherwise I doubt I'd ever know of this. For the past two days (mostly evenings) I was absorbed into the story. For me the first story's the best story; Emi's. But I'ma try my best to enjoy and work out how to discover the other remaining four paths without feeling a little sad that I'm cheating on Emi now.
"One guy. Two girls. In a dorm room. With a tea set."

Emi > Rin > Lilly > Hanako > Shizune