Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Re: Katawa Shoujo Folding@Home Team

Post by cpl_crud »

After months of a slowly depleting machine count, I have just put a new, big machine onto my folding list.

Should hopefully see some results soon.

If it wasn't such a sensitive machine I'd run one of the high performance clients, but sadly, it wasn't meant to be.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
Shades

Post by Shades »

Hey

Shades of Gray here

psu went bang
pc dead for now
on half broken laptop thats missing keys

will return once new psu arrives
ChibiWokka

Post by ChibiWokka »

Wokka here. I'm having a similar situation to Shades. The PSU in my second computer died and took the video card and SSD with it. Trying to RMA the parts but I doubt they are covered. It'll be weeks/months before I have replacements anyway. I'll check the Cyber Monday ads in a few weeks, maybe there will be something good there.

My folding farm has dropped to my main computer (1-2 GPU units/day and 1 CPU unit/day) and my work computer (1 GPU unit/day). Sooo...maybe 10% of where I was a month ago.

Wokka

Post by Guest »

I'm really smoking you guys at folding, lol.

I just joined the forums now, but I started folding for the team a couple months ago and I've already reached 13?

My main machine is my windows desktop.

1x i7 970
2x GTX580

Gives 54,000 PPD

My secondary machine is my laptop

1x Core 2 Duo 2.86ghz
1x 9800 GS Nvidia

Gives 11,000 PPD

My Playstation 3s

4x PS3

Gives 4500 PPD

Total PPD is around 40,000, since I only leave my folding desktop on for 12 hours a day.

How about you guys?
tomoya-kun

Post by tomoya-kun »

^^ That was me, whoops.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

54.000 + (11.000 / 2) + 4.500 = 64.000

Currently the Top Producer of the team seems to be Okazaki with 19.333 PPD.

What use does one person have for 4 PS3s?

As for your question: I use my laptop for about 1,3KPPD (depending on how long it is on on any given day and if I have connection where I am at the moment to download new WUs) and one PS3 for about the same. Makes for a daily average of about 2,5KPPD. Not much but I've been at it for a bit more than a year now, so it adds up.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Petermeter

Post by Petermeter »

Beta client won't work with me, causes freezes and crashes, so I'm switching back to good ole SMP...
New CPU so I will actually get some WUs done now :)
Ranking after act 1:
Hanako > Rin >> Lilly > Shizune > Emi
I played the routes in that order, every ending and all.
Ranking after full playthrough:
Lilly > Emi >> Rin ~ Hanako > Shizune
tomoya-kun

Post by tomoya-kun »

Petermeter wrote:Beta client won't work with me, causes freezes and crashes, so I'm switching back to good ole SMP...
New CPU so I will actually get some WUs done now :)
What beta client? I have my SMP2 set up to get bigadv units, which give quite a lot of points.
Petermeter

Post by Petermeter »

Shades of gray wrote:Well, just a quick little guide for anyone using a Radeon 6xxx like myself :

Grab the V7 beta here : https://fah-web.stanford.edu/projects/F ... etaRelease

Please also note that the V7 beta client is just that, a beta.
This beta client. Not complaining about the Points, I am using SMP2 as well; it's just that my GPU is idle as-is while my CPU tries to get fried :P

/edit:
Actually don't bother bout solving this problem, I just learned about the bonus point rule, gonna get way over 1k ppd with that, thats enough for me :)
(doing 11020, 11021, 11060 and 11061 projects at the moment, those have a 0.75 kfactor, giving me about 600% extra points as soon as I reach 10 total WUs; source: http://www.linuxforge.net/bonuscalc2.php )
Ranking after act 1:
shades of gray.

Post by shades of gray. »

Hey all.

just a little note on whats happening with me.

PSU is going to be ordered within next week or two (i spent all my money on Christmas shopping >.< )

Have gotten rid of my 6970, getting a 560 ti with 448 cores, may get a second at some point ( or shoot for the next card nvidia brings out)

should be back in action either just before christmas or just after.

see you all on the folding scene again soon!
greenshadow6

Post by greenshadow6 »

shades of gray. wrote:Hey all.

just a little note on whats happening with me.

PSU is going to be ordered within next week or two (i spent all my money on Christmas shopping >.< )

Have gotten rid of my 6970, getting a 560 ti with 448 cores, may get a second at some point ( or shoot for the next card nvidia brings out)

should be back in action either just before christmas or just after.

see you all on the folding scene again soon!
If you're planning on getting a second one of those, I suggest you do it soon. The 560 TI 448 cores is gonna have a pretty short release apparently.
Watermelons

Post by Watermelons »

FOR SCIENCE!!!!!
Rin > Lily > Shizune = Emi > Hanako

MERRY CHRISTMAS FAGS
Petermeter

Post by Petermeter »

GlaDOS?
Watermelons wrote:FOR SCIENCE!!!!!
You monster!
Ranking after act 1:
Rivinhal

Post by Rivinhal »

Snicket wrote:even after reading this whole thread, i still don't get it
as far as i can tell, it's a program/team or something, that allows Stanford to send packet data to you via the net, and use your computer to help either decipher or process information on human cell proteins to help cure prion and cancerous diseases/disorders, or at least learn much more about them, before being sent back. Essentially, they can't afford to buy a massive computer to decipher all the data, so they ask helpful people to receive packet data individually to try and help. I'm not very good with words, or explaining stuff like this, but I hope this has helped in some, even insignificant, way... I am ofttimes not a helpful person, but even I can't decline such an offer.. My laptop/desktops run constantly anyhow, so I might as well allow someone who needs em to be running to use them..
megamanrulesall

Post by megamanrulesall »

Hey all,, just finished the game 100% according to Library stat thingy. Tired as heck yet int hat "I can't sleep and this game was so f*cking awesome and deep and stuff, why not look around the site a bit". So, I registered after finding out about this. Sounds like a good cause, so why not? ^_^

I am a bit confuzed as it does seem I must have downloaded this ages ago and was on a different team. Am I correct to assume that by inputting the team number in the client will eventually change the team I am on, once say, I finish a task or whatever? Just curious.

By the way, thanks for the awesome game. I barely got any sleep these past couple of days. ^_^;