Discussion - Emi Route (*Spoilers* Warning)

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Levy

Re: Discussion - Emi Route (*Spoilers* Warning)

Post by Levy »

Palas wrote:Hisao states that she's surprisingly heavy somewhere along the way, so they would have to change it. You know, Hisao wouldn't make it to the nursery.
I kinda thought he was just teasing her in that part. Still, would she even use him as a replacement leg long enough to get to the dorm or would she try to balance herself and hop on one leg all the way there?

Maybe it would be a bit of comedic relief to have her hop on one leg all the way to the dorms and be stubborn about not accepting help. :lol:
My little record, apparently. :)
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Levy wrote:My only regret is that we never got to see this little event play out: http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post ... id=1037651
I don't know what would have had to happen to make one of those things break...
Certainly more than simple running. She probably would have needed an ambulance after that.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

I've only played Emi and Hanako so far, but I can't imagine anything besting this. Amazing job Hivemind. A brilliant love story first and foremost to me. But then with the depth you gave Emi with the accident stuff was also great. The graveyard scene was amazing. Got to admit I was annoyed by the whole "won't open up" plot point that I seem to have seen many times before, but it worked in the end. Other things accomplished really well were dealing with Hisao's heart condition (and not conveniently ignoring it) and also giving depth to Hisao with the science stuff, while still having his main focus be Emi, which I found realistic.

I honestly couldn't tell that there were multiple drafts for Emi as she seemed like a deep, multifaceted character to me. Things like "Emi at her Emiest" could have totally been stupid if written badly, but I thought it really worked.

Side notes: Emi isn't "slutty"; she only had sex with Hisao when they were going out. Anal thing threw me for a loop, but it just served to lighten Act 2 even more which made the tonal shift in Act 3 all the more jarring and effective. Loved the ending: simple, but perfect.
Levy

Post by Levy »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
Levy wrote:My only regret is that we never got to see this little event play out: http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post ... id=1037651
I don't know what would have had to happen to make one of those things break...
Certainly more than simple running. She probably would have needed an ambulance after that.
I wouldn't understate her running with the word simple. Though, you're probably right.
Red_Mask

Post by Red_Mask »

I absolutely love Emi. She was my first path in the demo too. Everything about her path was just amazing. I could barely get past Hanako's path without thinking about what Emi was doing. However as some people called her "slutty" I don't really see that. I feel like she was using sex to escape from her pain more and that wouldn't necessarily make her a slut. I'm giving myself a break before I go onto Shizune's path since it's hard for me to move on from Emi now. You guys did an amazing job and damn I'm so attached to Emi now that my girlfriend might get a little jealous.
Elliott

Post by Elliott »

Frankly, I thought that the shed scene was the single funniest thing in the VN, closely seconded by Rin barging in for no adequately explained reason.

"Let's never do that again."

"AGREED."
Palas

Post by Palas »

I could barely get past Hanako's path without thinking about what Emi was doing.
Really? When I went for Hanako I skipped all of Emi's scenes with an air of superiority. I told her "yeah whatever girl you've already given me your heart and soul in a parallel universe so begone".
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
ardiel

Post by ardiel »

Elliott wrote:Frankly, I thought that the shed scene was the single funniest thing in the VN, closely seconded by Rin barging in for no adequately explained reason.

"Let's never do that again."

"AGREED."
Rin needed to use the window. That was her explanation. As she would probably say, it is what it is. :P

But yeah both scenes are hilarious, but I think Rin's is actually serious of course, and funny. But serious, for Rin. I'm sure she really did just want to use that window and thought it was a perfectly adequate explanation.

Post by Guest »

Hey guys, i've seen conflicting answers for this choice... I'm trying to get Emi's good ending but i'm stuck at one choice. Not sure if it matters or not but i'm at the part where you can either Talk to her mom or Go after her.

Which choice would be the one for the good ending? Thanks.
Wren

Post by Wren »

Wren wrote:
Guest wrote:Hey guys, i've seen conflicting answers for this choice... I'm trying to get Emi's good ending but i'm stuck at one choice. Not sure if it matters or not but i'm at the part where you can either Talk to her mom or Go after her.

Talk to her mom.

If you choose the other option, I think you have one more chance at a good ending when Misha talks to you, and let her know about it.
"They leave. Because they should, or they find someone else. And some of them...some of them, forget me. I suppose in the end....they break my heart." - Tenth Doctor talking about his companions.

BG Artist - Somnova Studios - Missing Stars Project
Levy

Post by Levy »

Wren wrote:
Wren wrote:
Guest wrote:Hey guys, i've seen conflicting answers for this choice... I'm trying to get Emi's good ending but i'm stuck at one choice. Not sure if it matters or not but i'm at the part where you can either Talk to her mom or Go after her.

Talk to her mom.

If you choose the other option, I think you have one more chance at a good ending when Misha talks to you, and let her know about it.
I found Emi's route gives you more chance at success, unlike what I experienced with Hanako's.(Hanako spoiler-ish)
the_al

Post by the_al »

Wren wrote:
Wren wrote:

Talk to her mom.

Yes, talking about it with Misha does give you the good ending.
BemaniAK200

Post by BemaniAK200 »

I just got past the "Lost Weelchair" scene, and I'm already very pleased with this route, I found her Act 1 "Ending" underwhelming, but so far the pacing has been really nice, a casual tone, and most of all, she isn't just loli pander, she acts like a real person, and the situations popping up feel very real and believable.

Polar opposite to the Hanako route, didn't like the pacing, hated the ending, hated the sex scene, and it all felt... Superficial, but I kept going because I thought after the confession there would be real human moments (You know, since the devs were sort of agreeing on wanting to emphasize post-confession situations) and then it was cut short.
Everything that was missing in the Hanako Route, I've found here, thank you so much for your dedicated work, Hivemind.
Panty Supervisor

Post by Panty Supervisor »

I've just arrived at the end of Act 3 of Emi's route and I love it so far. Actually, I expected it to end at this point, but there's still Act 4. I don't really know if I should go on. Act 3 ended on such a good note that it can only go downhill from here. Getting Shizune's bad end has already crushed me emotionally. Maybe I'll just stop playing and pretend that Emi's path ends after Act 3. :|

Also, I fucking love this sprite of Emi: http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/2761/o9chxo37_jpg.htm
That mischievous grin is so fucking hot. :twisted:
Yuuko > Misha > Emi > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune > Rin
Yorec

Post by Yorec »

I think the reason I like Emi's route so much is that the playful banter between the two is so natural. That and the way their relationship fluctuates throughout the game make it seem that much more true to life. In my opinion that's what makes Emi's route the best(so far).