The "thank you 4LS" thread.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Worthington

Re: An Open Letter to the Devs of Katawa Shoujo

Post by Worthington »

I've obviously got to throw my thanks in here too. The amount of work in here is unbelievable, and it's almost criminal that you're releasing this for free. We'll all be sad to see you guys go.
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios
dustyfloor

Post by dustyfloor »

well, even though i'm usually just a leecher, still, please let me to tell you guys this.

thank you so very much for your hardwork on developing KS. for free, even. i've read some guy's post on this forum that the fact that the full version of KS is totally free is actually almost criminal..
i agree. this game has the right and deserve to have a price to be paid, and be illegally ripped by fans because they love it, and wants people to love it too. let's just think positive. just ignore that illegal. *laugh

i still remember the day when i played my firs visual novel. it was the english version of KS act 1 v.3.. that was over a year ago.. seriously, that game, totally made me hooked up to the vn world. and i will never regretted it. i finished playing it only with a "70-85% completed" can be seen under there, at that time.. honestly, i still have a "do a 100% completion on KS act 1 v.3" on my agenda until now. and never actually did it, because the pc in front of me since that time until now is still the same, a crappy one. it lagged a lot when i tried to play it with the sounds on, seriously. so i waited. till the full version comes out, with the hope that when it is released, my pc would already be a better one than this.. the fact that it is not yet actually worth a lol. so.. LOL

anyway, i'll say this again, thank you very much for completing this. it's actually like you guys was doing some charity jobs to us. (hahaha :)) i know you guys said that you wont make another game, but hey, who knows? tell us if somehow, you do will make another one, and you'll have another pack of dedicated leechers as your resource. lol

you guys deserve another one.
best regards to you guys, hope you guys have a nice life, please accept my utmost respect, and lastly, thank you very much.
hmoonboi

Post by hmoonboi »

Hi there,

I usually stay off forums, but after playing Katawa Shoujo I just had to come on give praise to this wonderful game/visual novel.

My first impression of the game was a dating sim in a Special School, and thought to try it out since someone somewhere have fetishes for that. I was expecting just another H-game for people with that kind of fetish. But "never judge a book by it's cover..."or the site you read it off of.

I finished Emi and Kanako branch of the story last night and is in the Act Two of Ren, and I am extreme moved. I personally have had the benefit of working with disabled children, age 12-18, and it just blew my mind at how well written the game was. To be able to turn their "disability" into the thing that makes them the most beautiful; that is what makes them beautiful. Their passion to overcome their "disability" and live beyond "normal." You guys captured it so extremely well. Even the H-scene was made extremely intimate instead of a cheap excuse to put it in the game by how wonderful each character was developed and their relationship together.

To the team, I applaud you!

(Sorry if it was kind of a mess to read. I'm not the best writer)
Geroaergaroe

Re: Amazing work you guys

Post by Geroaergaroe »

I've finished Lilly path a few hours ago; and I cried a litle.

Everything in was great and breathtaking; with awesome twitstback. Yet, it wasn't "overmade", you didn't did too much. My eyes just couldn't leave the screen until the credit.

I had a great time. Thank you.
Rivinhal

Post by Rivinhal »

Amazing music, Amazing story, Amazing characters, Amazing animation and art, Amazing delivery...
Without trying to sound like a broken record... This game is simply amazing.. I'm not going to say much on this, because I don't know many of the details in full, but this is the best ero/VN game i've ever played perhaps.. It literally keeps tugging at me and evoking emotions that I had seemingly forgotten.. I have no qualms saying that I'm a full-fledged KS junkie. I know it's WAYYY early to be talking about sequels/other games, but it'd be a fucking crime if people as talented as yourselves didn't make another game.. I hate to speak for a collective that may not agree with me, but I feel that most people would have no problem paying for such an experience.. Thanks guys. Simply amazing... :mrgreen:
vaen

Post by vaen »

Geroaergaroe wrote: My eyes just couldn't leave the screen until the credit.
you did watch the epilogue after the credits, right? :)
sandude

Post by sandude »

let me say this
i was half expecting just a mediocre job that i would probably skip just to see the sex scenes however i had just finish the hanako story line and totally felt the emotions of the character happy when she had love, sad when she was sad and felt useless when i was locked out. this is a work of art in my opinion and i humbly want to thank 4ls for producing something like this. it really blew my minds guys so thank you so much.
Xian

Post by Xian »

As I'm not really good on writing long declaration, I'll keep it short: Thank you.

Thanks to you all, for the work you've done and all the time you spent on it.
Thanks for all the smiles and the tears you gave me.
Thanks for finishing this project.
Thanks for keeping this game free even if it's way better than a lot of commercial games.

You guys, are real heros. Even if you are disbanding, we can't ever forget all the passion this game represents.
You are a role model for every westerner who wants to create a VN.

Thank you.
Lolz2day

Post by Lolz2day »

Thanks for making Katawa Shoujo, probably the thing that got me into VN. All I have to say was that the stories were dramatic and emotional and some hit close to home. Thanks for working these 5 years.
Ashai

Post by Ashai »

This.
Geroaergaroe

Post by Geroaergaroe »

vaen wrote:
Geroaergaroe wrote: My eyes just couldn't leave the screen until the credit.
you did watch the epilogue after the credits, right? :)

I even watched them. I was just not staring at the screen with tears in my eyes, like i was a few minute before :lol: .
Elliott

Post by Elliott »

Thank you for this intelligent, thoughtful game. Thank you especially for approaching life with a disability - and sex - with a rare sense of humor and a brain.
Lurker

Post by Lurker »

You made a excellent,"unique",serious, deep VN with great plot, art, bgm and sfx that made me value something I still have.

Thank you.
Barricade

Post by Barricade »

I've been lurking around this since the original thread (I even posted on it) back on 4chan lo those many moons ago.

Originally I never expected anything from this but what you'd expect from 4chan. I mean, come on, It's 4chan, 'wretched hive of /b/ scum and villainy', and all that. Then you put together this site, and actually started putting serious effort into this. Members came and went, but all of you put serious work behind this project. Yeah the Shimmie board is definitely a 50/50 chance of finding artwork worthy of a front page on DevArt or Pixiv, or mind-warping abominations spawned from the pit of Internet-Hell, but it's obvious which of those sides were the art going into the story, and it certainly wasn't the Net-Hell stuff. I know a few of the pieces have graced my laptop as wallpaper for long periods of time (there's a piece just put out on the Shimmie, of all the girls standing/walking to the left, that is my current one as I type).

And surprise, surprise, you guys put out the demo. And, to be blunt: "Holy Shit, they really are dead serious about making this thing worth something". That blew my mind away in that not only was it 'just' a demo, not even close to what you were really going to show us, but that all this wasn't just 4channers putting on a show for the lulz. And you weren't even done yet, or even close to finalizing how things looked.

Finally, you put out the true game.

Screw being manly, and not showing feelings - I freaking cried during Hanako's path. CRIED you hear.

I haven't even been able to start up the other paths yet. H-scenes or no H-scenes, mostly the latter as the story is that damn good you don't need them (still, the art is phenomenal even then)

On a secondary note, why the hell are you guys breaking up? You put out something this...[words fail me, just assume something beyond awesome/heartwarming]...and you're going to break up the team and that's that? :cry: :cry: :cry: You have got to keep tabs on each other and come up with something new to work on. Even if you change the name of the studio for each new thing, just don't break it all off after this.
Random Reader

Post by Random Reader »

Dear Developers,

Thank you. For anybody and anything that has occured, good or bad ofer the years while you've all worked on this. Thank you. For the strength of the channel communities, the lovers of all things manga and visual novel, and any single person who simply enjoys reading. Thank you. For making this game, despite the self sacrafices you yourselves no doubt had to make. Thank you.

Katawa Shoujo is more than just a simple expression, more than just the first true western production of a visual novel. More than just an amazing work of art, bourne of the distinct bowels that is 4chan. It is, in the opinion of this reader, a symbol of greater things. Of accomplishments and promises fulfilled, of hope and virtue in times were every direction brings new dreads. I know that reality would state that this is merely a visual novel, something of pictures and words, painting and ideas blended together in a digital format. But true works of art are never so simple a thing.

No single person of any decent value, can read this and not come out the better for it. Regardless of stereotypes, regardless of premonitions and predictabilites, regardless of any illwill a single person can feel towards any of you. Know that you have made something great, and that even if it affects merely one person, know that it will NEVER be forgotten.
It's.... sad that all of you wont continue making other works. But, I wish all of you the best in whatever endeavours life brings your way.
All the best,
Random Reader.