Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ardiel

Re: Rin's Path discussion *spoilers*

Post by ardiel »

Blown away. Can't even comprehend how somebody wrote it.

I love Rin, and understand her, because I am like her. I understood 100% of the time and it was maddening to see all the people not understanding her... but yet somehow true to life. It really hurt. I knew from the beginning and I - like her I guess - just couldn't see why nobody else was getting it. It was crazy but so real...

Was a bit much at times because it was not the way I wanted it to go at all but yet it was brilliantly real in a lot of ways. I saw it coming a mile away when the vulture art teacher first appeared. I just knew they'd drive her to break. I wanted to kick him and Hisao in the nuts half the time. For being mean to her and even accusing HER of being selfish.

I connected with it and I'm not even sure I'm happy about that, but in a way that is what makes it so brilliant...

I'll have to say that I didn't expect much from this VN at first but they pulled it off incredibly well and in spite of mixed feelings, it's been totally worth the 10 year wait.
Worthington

Post by Worthington »

ardiel wrote: it's been totally worth the 10 year wait.
:!:
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios
ardiel

Post by ardiel »

Worthington wrote:
ardiel wrote: it's been totally worth the 10 year wait.
:!:
Ok maybe it was less but it feels like 10. :P
Yuno

Post by Yuno »

The only way I can describe Rin's path is with Acer's catchphrase: Rock Solid, Heart Touching.

I knew a great many artists in my youth. They've all gone through something similar to what Rin has, which is to say, a lack of motivation, a self-destruction, and a great change all induced by their passion and their medium. Having played through every story but Lilly's, Rin's is most easily the best, most realistic, and most profound story I've read. The bumps and conflict in the story are textbook brilliant, making me fear I was going to lose Rin forever to her own self-destructive tendencies. This was deep and moving. Truly a+ material right there.
EmotionlessFatGuy

Post by EmotionlessFatGuy »

i really don't like the rin's path, i got the good ending but all the way till there was so sad and heavy that it wasnt worth.

so, any of you guys already cleared other girls? i really need to know if the others paths are so sad and full of solitute like rin's
Rin's Path - cleared
Hanako's Path - cleared
Yuno

Post by Yuno »

EmotionlessFatGuy wrote: so, any of you guys already cleared other girls? i really need to know if the others paths are so sad and full of solitute like rin's
No, the other paths aren't really like that at all. Rin is the only real "loner" path. Emi's path is similar, but not as lonely.

As for the other girls,
Shizune's path is reliant on Misha for most of it.
Hanako's path is reliant on Lilly and Lilly's sister.
I haven't played through Lilly yet, but I assume Lilly's sister and Hanako stay throughout.
EmotionlessFatGuy

oh, wonderful, i played the rin's path through all night and went to sleep sad as f*ck at 6 am.
Rin's Path - cleared
Hanako's Path - cleared
CrabNicholson

Post by CrabNicholson »

EmotionlessFatGuy wrote:oh, wonderful, i played the rin's path through all night and went to sleep sad as f*ck at 6 am.
Glad I'm not the only one
I was phone.
Margatroida

Post by Margatroida »

I wasn't sad after finishing her route. I thought it was beautiful. Cried tears of happiness when the last line came out,

"What's the word for when you feel inside your heart as if everything in the world is all right?"

Incredibly beautiful. The sheer happiness I felt for Rin at that point was amazing.
toue

Post by toue »

I just remembered something interesting, I wonder if the same applies to anyone else here.
One of the big things that made me decide on Rin as the frontrunner was just how incredibly calm and relaxed her act 1 ending made me feel, but then when you continue the story it pretty quickly develops to the point that it is far from relaxed, I wouldn't be surprised if I found Rin's route to be one of the least relaxing and calm routes.
EmotionlessFatGuy

i just can't feel that way, i felt that rin was treating him like an object and she didnt give a f*ck about him
Rin's Path - cleared
Hanako's Path - cleared
Yuno

Post by Yuno »

toue wrote:I just remembered something interesting, I wonder if the same applies to anyone else here.
One of the big things that made me decide on Rin as the frontrunner was just how incredibly calm and relaxed her act 1 ending made me feel, but then when you continue the story it pretty quickly develops to the point that it is far from relaxed, I wouldn't be surprised if I found Rin's route to be one of the least relaxing and calm routes.
Personally, I believe Rin's path is my own personal "canon" path, which is to say it's what suits me best. It was her sense of humor that really got me, it's almost just like mine IRL.
DatCracker

Post by DatCracker »

Oh lord, this path. Just finished it (first run, she piqued my interest enough in the Act 1 Demo).

I cried like a baby throughout. Jesus christ it is so well-written and there is beautiful character development.

The scene in which they sit and smoke with each other was so wonderfully executed. It revealed a lot about both Rin and Hisao.
GuyInTheWindmill

Post by GuyInTheWindmill »

Just completed Rin's path, all endings, but I'm still missing one scene and I don't know how to get to it.

It's between "Things You Can't Give Up" and "Rose Tinted Glasses"

Anyone know how to get to that scene?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Yuno wrote:Personally, I believe Rin's path is my own personal "canon" path, which is to say it's what suits me best. It was her sense of humor that really got me, it's almost just like mine IRL.
Rin has a sense of humour? Are we talking about the same Rin?
She's the only character in KS who is always serious... well, I still have no idea if Jigoro is serious about all the stuff he's spouting...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.