The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

CosmicGhost

Re: The Hanako Thread - Spoilers, obviously

Post by CosmicGhost »

I seriously don't recommend this route if you're playing it for the first time, after finishing Hanako's route (getting the good ending on the first try), I just can't continue on the other routes, every time I see Hanako I always feel uneasy. Don't get me wrong, the whole route was great, no, not just great, it was perfect. It made me emotional even after 2 hours of finishing it.
Chocolates, lol.

'Love With a Hint of Luck' is my fanfic. I just started with the fanfic business, so don't expect me to deliver professional writing.
rhfs

Post by rhfs »

CosmicGhost wrote:I seriously don't recommend this route if you're playing it for the first time, after finishing Hanako's route (getting the good ending on the first try), I just can't continue on the other routes, every time I see Hanako I always feel uneasy. Don't get me wrong, the whole route was great, no, not just great, it was perfect. It made me emotional even after 2 hours of finishing it.
Hanako's route was my first and I just started Shizune's. Not that the other girls aren't great too, but Hanako was my favorite from the start and I'm already feeling really awful about ignoring her. Oh well, I guess in my dreams she was still the girl I picked.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Bardock9000 wrote:Is there supposed to be a cinematic after the credits?
Because when I finished Lilly's route, I sat through the credits and there was an extra scene.

When I finished Hanako's open kiss near the bakeryI watched the credits and didn't get a extra scene.
Lilly's path is the only one with a scene after the credits.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
chicunsu

Post by chicunsu »

1. Just finished Hanako's path
2. Starts to play Shiz..... Hanako's path again
3. This time i'll play through..... Hanako's path
4. NOW I GOTTA CHANGE, TIME FOR HANAKO......

This is how it was for me...... Her story was just so daaaaaaarn amazing, and while many complains about the ending to early.... I won't, i loved the ending. FINALLY she was able to go in public without hiding, even kissing Hisao... I hate to say it, i kinda felt like a father then " GOOD JOB Hanako, you've finally been able to take the first step to get free." and yea, after thinking about it, the fact that it was only one sex scene and it was like it was, seems right if you ask me. Hisao doesn't seem to be the... honry? kind of person, he wanted to know more about her, and help her, but he didn't know what kind of feelings he had or how to handle them yet, so sex wasn't in his mind, and how things got afterwards is also understandable. After finally understanding how wrong he was and what he had done wrong, i think he felt really sorry and sad, which is why it was sad.

But "sadness can be two things: sad or strengthening" is something i like to say, and for these two, it was strengthening. Hisao came to know his feelings, understand how wrong he was, and love her EVEN MORE. All of that strengthened his will to help her and to wanting to be with her. But this time in a more honest and romantic way, no more was hanako a "girl with severe problems" she had become "the one and only i love, a true, beautiful woman"(WHICH SHE DAMN RIGHT IS, JUST LOOK AT HER PLAY POOL.... and drool for that sight).

So i'm 100% happy with the path... but after reading all posts here......
5. TIME TO PLAY HANAKO AGAIN =D :wink: :o :oops:
''Cheerful disposition, light skin/hair/eyes, poor motors skills, bad balance, short attention span and trouble with words" So... she has a case of moe.
~About misha's disability
Averytn

Post by Averytn »

Created this account just to say I LOVED the ending. It was just so wonderful T___T the way they end it just makes me so MAD (in a good way) cause now im like so worked up over the ending and sad that it's over :*( but happy for them at the same time that GAAHHH i can't even concentrate on doing work now. But yeahh i feel abit awkward now to start on other routes (Hanako being the first) cause i'll get sad avoiding her when i know her problem. Still thanks to the developers :) it was worth the wait.
chicunsu

Post by chicunsu »

And is it possible to make the Pool scene into wallpaper image? =3 i rly wanna have that as my background....
''Cheerful disposition, light skin/hair/eyes, poor motors skills, bad balance, short attention span and trouble with words" So... she has a case of moe.
~About misha's disability

Post by Guest »

chicunsu wrote:And is it possible to make the Pool scene into wallpaper image? =3 i rly wanna have that as my background....
I did this by switching the game into fullscreen mode, opening the Pool CG in the Extras > Gallery (It's on page 3), then hitting print screen to copy it.
Save to an MS paint file, then set that file as the desktop background.

There is probably an easier/more direct way to do it, but that worked for me.
VenatorUnum

Post by VenatorUnum »

Ubuyo wrote:
Rykn wrote:I't's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her....... If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.
THIIIIIIIIS.
I second that, I'm having serious issues in any route that isn't Hanako's when she appears. If you play through the Shizune route which is what I'm doing right now you'll meet a fairly good example of that that makes me want to bash my head into a wall and just restart and take Hanako's route again ;_;
groundzero123

Post by groundzero123 »

I dont know about you guys, but i loved it...
Ivegottogodosomething
Deltamon

Post by Deltamon »

Haha.. I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who finds it super hard to even try playing the other paths after Hanako..

Like I said in my "main" post here.. I did try to originally play other paths as well when there was only the act 1, but I just couldn't. I tried like 3-4 times but always ended up spending the festival day playing chess. :/

And now after I have played the whole game through with Hanako as an only option to begin with.. (I do kind of like Shizune and Lilly too, but I just don't feel as strongly about them as I feel for Hanako)

And it's kind of annoying.. Since like I said before, I feel like I'm missing tons of content now.. But I'm just way too emotionally attached to Hanako (I have been super weak for shy girls especially in cases like Hanako already years and years before I even played this game), to be able to ignore her if I played any other path...
Hanako = Shizune = Rin = Lilly = Emi
I just don't like categorizing people. Even if Hanako will always be the dearest for me, I still prefer if they all get equal share of love.
VenatorUnum

Post by VenatorUnum »

Also a funny thing that happened during her route was the moment Lilly asked to go present shopping for Hanako's birthday.
One of my first thoughts was "Well a nice authentic chess set would probably be the best and most personal gift to give her as she could play it with you all the tii~~me"

I chuckled quite hard when Hisao found the chess set in the antique store :D
money5

Post by money5 »

the scars on her body looked more like beautiful painting/tattoo rather than real scars like the one on the face. They weren't disturbing or shocking at all. Maybe it's just art, maybe towards the end I felt love in her so it didn't matter, or both.
Deltamon

Post by Deltamon »

money5 wrote:the scars on her body looked more like beautiful painting/tattoo rather than real scars like the one on the face. They weren't disturbing or shocking at all. Maybe it's just art, maybe towards the end I felt love in her so it didn't matter, or both.
Myeah, I kind of feel the same way.. Altho her facial scars do indeed look quite bad, and if it was that bad burning marks in real life.. I can guarantee that they would look really bad and just like Hisao thinks, it would feel very thick and leathery under touch, in comparison to the otherwise soft more normal skin (the skin hardens when burned).

So even if it doesn't look that bad on the artwork.. To get the right attitude towards it, you just have to use your imagination and think how bad it must actually be. Overall Hanako is really pretty girl, but if you don't take the burn marks seriously enough, they do indeed look bit tattoo'ish.. But I'm really glad that they did also add burning marks to her boobs, it's a nice touch, considering that she did get mostly burned to her back because of the position that she took during the fire. Speaking of which, I really loved the way that she stood in front of Hisao, showing her back to him. It was really artistic pose, and it's btw the only moment during the game where you see her right eye.
Hanako = Shizune = Rin = Lilly = Emi
I just don't like categorizing people. Even if Hanako will always be the dearest for me, I still prefer if they all get equal share of love.
Hastein

Post by Hastein »

Aaaah mes amis what a nice route ! Franckly when I first started this game with act 1, I' didn't know what to expect, I liked Shizune and then bam ! Hanako comes in the pictures and I knew that she would be my first walktrough. She is just so fragile and truly you want to protect her, but this route tells you really well that the beset intentions don't come often as we think they would. I started this route having an exact idea of how it would go and end, but then I found that this route isn't just Hanako's, it belongs to Hisao too. It is interesseting because you focus on her when Hisao himself doesn't feel that great in reality, they have scars and they heal themselves during the route. Yes the H-scene is wrong, but it IS necessary for them, one is trying to become closer when the other one use it as a way to destroy the image the other one has build during all the game. In a way both character reminds me of Shinji Ikari, life has left some scars and they have to overcome them even if they don't really know how. I would have loved to see more scenes after the end, but I think it is a nice conclusion and the symbolic is just great the fact that she goes outside and kiss him ? She would never have done it ! Even if it will takes some time to overcome her fears, the ending show that she is not afraid anymore thanks to Hisao.

It will be hard to take an other route thought, I had the same problem with Yume Miru Kusuri, those who played this game will understand what I mean (Aekaaaaaaa !!). Well with that say I'll check Shizune route... Enfin si je peux (well if I can)...

ps: sorry for the grammar mistakes, I'm french :p
xanderhunter

Post by xanderhunter »

Alright so after a marathon gaming session to finish a path and knowing it was going to be Hanako when I started this is the few notes I made on the game as I played. They won't necessarily be all about Hanako or the route, but things I noticed as I played.

First off I loved the cutscene at the end of act1 basically showing you've chosen the Hanako route, was a little disappointed because what it ended on turned out not to be a foreshadowing of them having their first kiss (or any) in the library.

Second, at some point in act 2 there seemed to be a small error in one of the class room scenes because it was referenced that Shizune didn't care about getting her work done in class when up to that point it had been said that's pretty much all she ever cared about.

Third, the addition of Miki seemed a little tacked on, she just kinda popped up at the start of act 3 and Hisao is like oh yeah she's a girl in my class and she is the first person you tell that you have a crush on a girl?

Fourth, the scene after the big scene in the classroom at the nurse's room seemed badly thought out or worded. Doctor goes out of his way to say that what she needs right now is a friend, then when Hisao asks to stay with her the doctor says no, even though just a minute ago he said she needed a friend.

Fifth, the name for act three, Castling, I know what the term means in chess, but is that the only reason it was used was because it is a chess term and chess played a important roll between them.

Finally just a lump of mostly game play choices, nothing to do with the actual route I had. First, holy inner monologues Batman! Dunno why, but those walls of text felt really jarring and kinda broke the flow. Second, what do the rotating hearts mean? For awhile I thought they just meant a significant amount of time had passed, but we had times where a few minutes had passed in between one, and times where he went to sleep and didn't get one. Thirdly, I love the addition of having us easily be able to tell what scene we are on and what song is playing. Finally I felt the actual choices to make were fairly lacking and a bit to obvious which ones were good and which were bad, only hard choice for this one was the one involving Lilly and even that was pretty easy. It seems more of a problem with the Act structure and being locked in to a girl in Act 1 though I guess, not sure how you would fix it.

To finish it off a little blurb about the ending. I felt it ended in the right spot, but I still want an epilogue with a happier sex scene. Now it's time to pass out, wake up and check for some responses to this massive wall of text, then start a Shizune or Emi run for what hopefully turns out to be a much happier overall story before going on to the supposedly also tear-jerking Lilly path.