What ending have you got?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

BlueMaxima

Re: What ending have you got?

Post by BlueMaxima »

I got a Kenji bad end. Dunno if that's what you call it but I feel like an idiot that I couldn't even make it past Act Freaking 1.
Misterbadguy

Post by Misterbadguy »

Got Hanako's Neutral and Good endings.

Pretty pleased with the Good end, I must say. The revelation about why she hates her birthday so much was really pretty poignant; it's heartbreaking to see that she thinks of it that way, yet it's understandable from her eyes. Nice to see it ending on a truly positive note though, and her kissing Hisao outside the bakery in front of everyone really sealed the deal about her changing for the better with him.
HAZING

Post by Guest »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:
MemoriesofYou wrote:...I too was skipping through the H-Scenes trying to get to the plot.
May I be allowed a slight facepalm? In Rin's path, at least, reading the H-scenes were the parts that made me cry.
I absolutely agree, that and the true good end. Rivers of manliness pouring from my eyes
NubChaos

Post by NubChaos »

Just got Hanako's good ending (with the muffins). Loved it so hard :P

Three down, two to go!
First I got Rin's bad end
then Lilly's good end
then Rin's good end
then Hanako's good end

Now to decide who I'm gonna go for next: Emi or Shizune. HMMMM

Also, am I the only person who really likes pretty much all of the newly remastered tracks compared to the tracks in the Act 1 Demo (Painful History and Shadow of the Truth come to mind particularly, as they feel so much more powerful than before, but this goes for the other remixed tracks too)
Been a KS fan since late 2010, and am grateful for all the devs do! You guys rock!

My faves:
1) Rin
2) Lilly
3) Hanako
4) Emi
5) Shizune
Babli

Post by Babli »

Just got Rin´s good end. I really didnt expect that her path will be THAT emotionaly exhausting. damn... I feel like... I cant even describe it... get it? get it? xD It was just incredible.

I dont even want to start another path. Not right now.

Also, I cant say for another paths, but if you skip Rins h-scenes, you will miss out on very important parts of character development.

My GOTY :mrgreen:
NubChaos

Post by NubChaos »

Babli wrote:Just got Rin´s good end. I really didnt expect that her path will be THAT emotionaly exhausting. damn... I feel like... I cant even describe it... get it? get it? xD It was just incredible.

I dont even want to start another path. Not right now.

Those were my thoughts exactly... Lilly and Hanako's paths are pretty straightforward and hard to mess up, whereas Rin's is all over the place and, as you said, emotionally exhausting from all the turmoil that goes down in it. It makes Rin's good ending that much better though, cuz you feel like you really and truly fought hard to earn it, which I don't quite feel for Lilly and Hanako's good endings (due to them being "easier", so to speak). I'm not saying I dislike their endings at all though. The last several scenes of Lilly's path made me shed manly tears of joy AND sorrow, and Hanako's path ended very sweetly and perfectly, given her character.

After getting Rin's bad ending, I was in quite a slump, but eventually pressed on and went for Lilly's ending... Then, I did the insane and went down Rin's path again from start-to-finish, hoping to get the good ending this time... and while it was grueling, the end result was more than worth it. :)
Been a KS fan since late 2010, and am grateful for all the devs do! You guys rock!

My faves:
1) Rin
2) Lilly
3) Hanako
4) Emi
5) Shizune
TenFootPirate

Post by TenFootPirate »

Yeah, Lilly's route is super easy but man, it made me shed a few tears. Goddamit, rin is one of my fave characters and it looks like I am going to go through a goddamn rollercoaster of saving and reloading.
NubChaos

Post by NubChaos »

TenFootPirate wrote:Yeah, Lilly's route is super easy but man, it made me shed a few tears. Goddamit, rin is one of my fave characters and it looks like I am going to go through a goddamn rollercoaster of saving and reloading.

Not to mention an emotional rollercoaster

and a philosophical rollercoaster as you may begin to question your own morals and beliefs in life as I did

..Yeah, Rin's path is probably the best so far. Still gotta play Shizune and Emi's first though.

My faves:
1) Rin
2) Lilly
3) Hanako
4) Emi
5) Shizune
chicunsu

Post by chicunsu »

TenFootPirate wrote:Yeah, Lilly's route is super easy but man, it made me shed a few tears. Goddamit, rin is one of my fave characters and it looks like I am going to go through a goddamn rollercoaster of saving and reloading.
makes me seem like a rly bad VN-...Player? Reader? as i find myself unable to complete her path =(
And i try to be honest all the time, but it still refuses to work for me :|

EDIT: I finally got it.... and then i get error o.o so now i can't read it even though i've gotten it <.<
''Cheerful disposition, light skin/hair/eyes, poor motors skills, bad balance, short attention span and trouble with words" So... she has a case of moe.
~About misha's disability
machopachow

Post by machopachow »

My heart cant take much more.

Ive finished Hanako and Shizoon path, my favorite is Rin, so I'll save her for last, at Rin's act 3 now.
I probably gonna go for Emi's path right now..
I heard many people got dissapointed with her ending so I was kinda curious..

By the way, Thank you 4 leaf studios for being so generous to release this game for free, I feel like want to pay for a vn with this high up in quality, but as you suggested its going for the children in Africa instead.

Oh and, for the music team of 4ls, the music really helps on creating the atmosphere, you guys did a great freaking job.
Priest

Post by Priest »

chicunsu wrote:
makes me seem like a rly bad VN-...Player? Reader? as i find myself unable to complete her path =(
And i try to be honest all the time, but it still refuses to work for me :|

EDIT: I finally got it.... and then i get error o.o so now i can't read it even though i've gotten it <.<
i guess the trick is trying not to hide anything from her
In case of war hide in the trash can. it allways makes it unscratched somehow
CrimsonKnight0

Post by CrimsonKnight0 »

DemonOfRandgris wrote:I just got Lilly's Good End.

Oh my god, I nearly bawled. I'm so glad I didn't end up with her Bad end which, to which the outcome is very obvious.
This. So much this.
When Hisao decides to go for her, I practically jumped and said "It´s not over!!!" Then the airport scene... Then the hospital... And when I heard the music box... it was simply amazing.
When Yamaku is... ashes, you have my permission to die.
finalizer

Post by finalizer »

Got Rin's good end first. Feels good man.

Then proceeded to get Hanako's neutral end. Not so good man. Went for good end right after. The funny part is, I was mulling over the decision when talking with Lilly on the phone, when suddenly 38 Special's "Hold On Loosely" popped in my head during my musings... Figured I'd go with checking up on Hanako anyway, and was kinda mad when it took me to the neutral end. DAMN IT YOU WERE RIGHT 38 SPECIAL

Also Lilly is a fucking bro in Hanako's route, definitely going after her next.
PatL

Post by PatL »

I just got Hanako's good ending as my first one. I got churned up inside pretty badly (is that how you say it?), since Hanako reminded me of myself quite a bit.

It will probably take a while before I tackle the next path. I guess I will go for Lilly then.
matux99

Post by matux99 »

I'm way too emotional for this! :x :x :x

You guys scared me saying that you cried. I'm now afraid to play Rin's or Lilly's paths

I just finished Hanako's good path (the answers were pretty obvious though) but can't find one ending. I got both ones at the fork when talking to Lilly on the phone (premature and good end) but can't find the third one.

EDIT: playing while broswing forums FTW!!!
Great Writer
There was once a young man who, in his youth, professed his desire to become a great writer.

When asked to define "great" he said, "I want to write stuff that the whole world will read, stuff that people will react to on a truly emotional level, stuff that will make them scream, cry, howl in pain and anger!"

He now works for Microsoft, writing error messages.