I think you missed one! (audio waveform clipping)

For all feedback on our releases in all languages.
Nintendo Maniac 64

I think you missed one! (audio waveform clipping)

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 »

I just checked every song in the new release, and I was mostly pleased to see a lack of waveform clipping!

However, about that mostly...

I previously listed 7 songs from Act 1 that had waveform clipping. The issue is that, one of those songs, "Afternoon", out of ALL the songs in KS, still has clipping!

Is this what we call an oversight?
Last edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Katawa Shoujo's resident straight male kuutsundere.
(because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

Fink

Re: I think you missed one! (audio waveform clipping)

Post by Fink »

You've got issues, mang.
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

Please tell me that cracking the game archive and checking every song for single instances of waveform clipping was not literally the first thing you did.
Nintendo Maniac 64

Post by Nintendo Maniac 64 »

Naw, the first thing I did was see if the program could be run portable-ly from a flash drive, but alas the saves always go to 'Application Data'. So I was going to wait until tomorrow to really start reading, since I need to make a small RamDisk for AppData so that my HDD doesn't have to run and be all noisy (my PC is incredibly quiet, at least when the HDDs aren't running - yay for USB flash drives and ramdisks).

Partly because of that, I didn't even get past the first "page" of text before I remembered this "issue", and I wanted to check and see if you guys aren't as lazy as you claim. :P

Honestly I'm impressed with you guys since you fixed every other instance of clipping. It's just that it's so weird that there's just one song that still has clipping, and a song from Act 1 no less!

Oh, and it was actually really fast and easy to check all the songs for clipping. Assuming you have ~2GB of RAM free, you just drag and drop the .OGG files into a blank project in Audacity. It'll then load up all the songs automatically, and you just have to scroll up and down some looking for any bits of red (waveform clipping).
Katawa Shoujo's resident straight male kuutsundere.
(because just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)