What you WOULD have wanted to happen in the story

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

G3n0c1de

Re: What you WOULD want to happen in the story

Post by G3n0c1de »

rydiafan wrote:in all of 4 and a half months ... i think not ... he may never speak about her but im sure he thinks about her all the time
We can still see Hisao's inner thoughts. I don't remember him mentioning Iwanako. Also, remember that even though they liked each other the two never became close. They didn't have the chance. And I don't think Hisao was madly in love with her either. I don't see why he'd think about her very often, especially now with him able to romance five different girls. 'Out with the old, in with the new' is what Yamaku represents. A fresh start. Iwanako is just a relic from the life he had before.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

G3n0c1de wrote:but that wouldn't work without bringing Iwanako back into the story.
That's what we were discussing
G3n0c1de wrote:As it stands, she's basically a plot device to get Hisao into the hospital.
The entire thread is a what-if

The situation presented is that she might show up again, perhaps on a date.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t ... 450#p63714
I suggested that as part of Hanako's path, Hisao tells Iwa to get out, followed by some DAAAWWW material with Hana since I'm a huge hanakofag and that's all I ever think of. And then we started arguing about the likeliness of Hisao telling Iwa to fuck off.
G3n0c1de wrote:I don't see why he'd think about her very often
I don't think that his thoughts -or lack thereof- about her in Act 1 are relevant at all, since the scenario is that she would show up again and he would then be reminded of her existence.

Whatever, 2 days
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

No matter if i get what i want to happen or not it gonna be an awsome ride ... sure we all want some something different but in the end i will greatly enjoy what the KS team makes ... nothing but respect and love guys ( im sure that goes for everyone )
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

rydiafan wrote:No matter if i get what i want to happen or not it gonna be an awsome ride ... sure we all want some something different but in the end i will greatly enjoy what the KS team makes ... nothing but respect and love guys ( im sure that goes for everyone )
ditto. :mrgreen:

and with that whole "two days left" thing going on, what do I still hope to see in the game?

an awkward attempt at dancing with Shizune. (something with heavy bass?)
Hanako coming out of her shell through the magic of karaoke. (....what?)
Hisao massaging Emi's sore stumps after a track meet or something. (total bonding moment, I swear.)
dinner with Lilly and Akira where we learn all the embarrassing things Lilly did as a kid. (hilarity ensues.)
meeting Rin's parents and them being... wait for it... completely normal people. (or are they...?)
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Teclo

Post by Teclo »

I want Rin to be developed in such a way that gives her depth and thought beyond just saying random, quirky things. I like that about her, it's the thing that really made her stand out to me, particularly in the context of a VN, but if she stays like that throughout her storyline it'll make her just seem like that immature girl who says silly things for attention that most classes have. Like the girl from "teh penguin of doom" copypasta (see this if you need a reminder). In Act 1 you definitely see signs of her personality beyond the side of her that falls over itself to say the silliest "2 deep 4 u" thing she can possibly think of, and I have faith in her writer to take it in that direction while still keeping that erratic and confusing side of her as well.

In terms of a specific thing or scene I'd like, I'd like to see Rin put into a very ordinary (though not necessarily boring) situation outside of the school. One where she's pushed outside of her comfort zone and can't just get through it with sidelong glances and non sequiturs alone. I don't want to give the impression that I don't like that side of Rin, but I just don't want her to become a one trick pony and a cross between the pretentious guy from American Beauty and "teh penguin of doom". It's the intertwining of that and other elements that I'm most interested in seeing. On that note, I'd also like to see Shizune in a situation where she can't boss people around, can't rely on the class rep rulebook and, maybe (though it may seem sadistic) doesn't have Misha there with her. I guess the main thing here is I want to see the characters really out of their comfort zones because VNs tend to settle into a rut where it just ticks along with one near identical skit after the other.

Rin > Akira > Shizune > Lilly = Emi > Hanako
Worthington

Post by Worthington »

Mercutio wrote: meeting Rin's parents and them being... wait for it... completely normal people. (or are they...?)
For a moment, this line blended with your sig and I thought it said Rin's parents were Sir Francis Bacon.
Now I want Rin's parents to be Sir Francis Bacon (yes, both of them).
Teclo wrote:I want Rin to be developed in such a way that gives her depth and thought beyond just saying random, quirky things.
Yep.
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Brogurt wrote:I suggested that as part of Hanako's path, Hisao tells Iwa to get out, followed by some DAAAWWW material with Hana since I'm a huge hanakofag and that's all I ever think of. And then we started arguing about the likeliness of Hisao telling Iwa to fuck off.
I see. While exploding unnecessarily at people is something that Hisao does often enough, I wouldn't want that to happen in this situation. I really don't think he has much reason to be angry at her. It would probably be awkward for all involved. Hanako might need a little reassurance, but really, Iwanako won't be looking to go after Hisao so there's no threat there. If anything, Hisao would exchange a few words with her, but seeing as the two weren't even friends, Iwanako would probably find it awkward and leave on her own accord.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

Teclo wrote:I want Rin to be developed in such a way that gives her depth and thought beyond just saying random, quirky things. I like that about her, it's the thing that really made her stand out to me, particularly in the context of a VN, but if she stays like that throughout her storyline it'll make her just seem like that immature girl who says silly things for attention that most classes have. Like the girl from "teh penguin of doom" copypasta (see this if you need a reminder). In Act 1 you definitely see signs of her personality beyond the side of her that falls over itself to say the silliest "2 deep 4 u" thing she can possibly think of, and I have faith in her writer to take it in that direction while still keeping that erratic and confusing side of her as well.
see, I never really saw Rin as being random or whatever. she's an artist, so she sees things a little different, and just doesn't bother trying to put things in ways that other people understand. maybe I'm weird ('cause I'm sure as hell not an artist), but I think it makes sense that she'd think of a shade of blue as "Prussian blue", and not be able to explain what that color is, same thing with adding "half a splash" of paint, 'cause a measurement like that makes sense for art. I don't think she's ever trying to be deep, I think she's just being Rin.

but this is character interpretation, and we can argue about that all day. so let's not. :mrgreen:
Teclo wrote:I guess the main thing here is I want to see the characters really out of their comfort zones because VNs tend to settle into a rut where it just ticks along with one near identical skit after the other.
I like this. we've seen stuff that (I think) shows the whole game doesn't take place just in Yamaku and the nearby town, so hopefully we'll get everyone out and about. getting people into unfamiliar stuff and seeing how they handle it makes for interesting stories, so I'm hoping we get to see some of that.
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
uwa

Post by uwa »

Mercutio wrote:see, I never really saw Rin as being random or whatever. she's an artist, so she sees things a little different, and just doesn't bother trying to put things in ways that other people understand.
I'd have to agree with you. What pushed Rin to my favorite was that it really felt like everything Rin said or did made complete sense to Rin. "penguin of doom" is what happens when people who aren't Rin try to act like her.

I hope that they can maintain the feeling that Rin's world is a completely logical place for Rin and no one else.
Emi > Lilly > Misha > Hanako = Rin > Shizune... I might just prefer women who put out a lot.
Mind-stickiness: Hanako > Misha = Shizune > Rin > Emi > Lilly
Erybis

Post by Erybis »

uwa wrote:
Mercutio wrote:see, I never really saw Rin as being random or whatever. she's an artist, so she sees things a little different, and just doesn't bother trying to put things in ways that other people understand.
I'd have to agree with you. What pushed Rin to my favorite was that it really felt like everything Rin said or did made complete sense to Rin. "penguin of doom" is what happens when people who aren't Rin try to act like her.

I hope that they can maintain the feeling that Rin's world is a completely logical place for Rin and no one else.
I remember t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m. Many lulz were had in that wayward loli's wake. Anyway, Rin makes absolute sense to me. I don't know why,seeing as I suck at being an artist. I am somewhat of a writer, so that sort of counts. I blame the misanthropy. So if you need to learn to understand our girl Rin, all ya gotta do is hate humanity. It all becomes clear.

Or become an artist. Whatever floats your boat.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: What you WOULD have wanted to happen in the story

Post by Silentcook »

Thread title got upgraded, same as its companion.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.