What you WOULD have wanted to happen in the story

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Priest

Re: What you WOULD want to happen in the story

Post by Priest »

Mercutio wrote:
Brogurt wrote:But then Hisao would tell Iwanako to fuck right off for leaving him in his time of need
...now THAT'S what I WOULD want to happen in the story. :mrgreen: dunno if Hisao would actually drop the f-bomb, but I'd fuckin' cheer for him if he gets the chance to get on Iwanako's case for bailing when he was in the hospital.
thats actually a good idea. that might allso make him grow as a person and maybe come closer to actually being able to move past that he has a condition
In case of war hide in the trash can. it allways makes it unscratched somehow
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Mercutio wrote:...now THAT'S what I WOULD want to happen in the story. :mrgreen: dunno if Hisao would actually drop the f-bomb, but I'd fuckin' cheer for him if he gets the chance to get on Iwanako's case for bailing when he was in the hospital.
I think I remember Hisao saying "Fuck off, Misha" when he explodes at them one time.

But as for Iwanako, people tend to blame her for leaving Hisao, but really, how well did they know each other? Sure she confessed that she liked him, but I don't think anyone could have been prepared for what happened afterward. Put yourself in her shoes. The important emotional attachments that would have had her stand by Hisao weren't formed yet. And for that, I don't blame her. In fact, I think it was cool of her to visit Hisao for as long as she did. His classmates certainly didn't put in much effort. It's kind of sad really, Iwanako going by herself to visit a guy she barely knows in the hospital. For that, I sympathize with her.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

feminist
apologist
you might also want to consider that her confession put hisao in this mess, and that she didn't even feel like following through with it
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Brogurt wrote:feminist
apologist
you might also want to consider that her confession put hisao in this mess, and that she didn't even feel like following through with it
What happened to Hisao isn't her fault. She was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. Even if they didn't meet that day, Hisao was still getting worse all the time. A ticking time bomb. He would have eventually had his heart attack anyway. Consider this though: what would happen if he were alone and he had his episode? He would have died. Iwanako saved his life.

And it's not like they were soul mates or anything. They were two teenagers who liked each other. Hisao being in the hospital greatly complicates things. For a normal girl like Iwanako I can understand why she would shy away from this situation. Feelings change. And I don't think this is easy on her at all. She probably feels some guilt that it was her confession that precipitated Hisao's heart attack. Perhaps her school mates know as well and think of her differently for it. Anyway, I don't think she should be obligated to 'follow though' with her feelings for Hisao. The situation was probably too much for her. To stand by Hisao is something beyond the call of what I'd expect from her or anyone else in the same situation.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
The Local Hentai

Post by The Local Hentai »

What I really want to happen in this story?

To explore the realistic variation of a woman who's been afflicted with a mental or physical disorder and see how it affects a real committed relationship with them. I've only dated a deaf woman in real life for a few weeks, her disability did hurt our relationship because we weren't able to fully communicate properly, so I'm curious to see how other girls would handle it, even if they are fictitious.

Also, a threesome with the friend groups.

What?
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Is this under the assumption that there will be zero heart attacks in the full version of KS? Because if there are any, which there should be, then what logic will keep your chosen girl from leaving?-
G3n0c1de wrote:For a normal girl like Iwanako
G3n0c1de wrote:normal girl

Oh ok

Actually just disregard all that; I was not thinking when I wrote it

Anyway, I hope that my usage of the word "fuck" didn't give the impression that Hisao would hate Iwa for all this. To be honest, I think he'd be disgruntled at worst, and don't think he would give two shits what her reasoning was. She asks him out, he has a heart attack, he gives up on him after some months in the hospital and he moves on to Yamaku. I seriously doubt that "she saved my life" would be even kind of close to running through his head, even if she did make him aware of his condition earlier.

I imagine he would just want her out of his life, hence the "fuck off". I hope I didn't give the wrong impression when I said that she'd be talking with him; what I probably should have said was "she'd be trying to talk to him and he'd tell her to go away".
It's getting late here and I'm fairly certain that none of what I'm saying is making any sense
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

I never thought of Iwanako as the " evil bitch " for not seeing Hisao anymore .... i think she wasnt socially devolped yet ( her friend did place the note in his text book ) so she wasnt ready to face this situation socially / mentally and did the one thing she knew how to do at the time ... hide within herself ... those 3 weeks she did spend with him at the hospital was a stretch for her to do it the first place and prob felt like hell for someone with such social problems ( thats my take on the situation anyways ... gotta love a good VN ... there is no right or wrong answer , its all about how each player sees the situation differently then the last player )
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

didn't meant to start such a shitstorm with this, I think I was just excited about getting to tell off Iwanako and didn't really think about anything else. I really need to learn to calm down before posting. :shock:

and now that I actually do think about it, I gotta agree with G3n0c1de. high school was enough of a pain in the ass, and asking someone out was hard enough, without the whole "giving someone a heart attack" thing. it probably was really tough on Iwanako, because man, of all the things to happen when you just want to go out with someone. damn. she probably stuck around at the hospital longer than anyone because she felt bad, and had to leave Hisao behind so she could deal with things on her own. must have been rough on her too, I didn't even think about things from her side.

thing is, though, I still hope we get to see Iwanako again somewhere in the story. I don't think she'd go to see Hisao at Yamaku, but running into her somewhere nearby could happen. it'd be awkward as hell, but it would be cool for her to see that Hisao's doing just fine and he's dating someone else now, so hopefully she wouldn't feel bad about what happened.
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Worthington

Post by Worthington »

Mercutio wrote: thing is, though, I still hope we get to see Iwanako again somewhere in the story. I don't think she'd go to see Hisao at Yamaku, but running into her somewhere nearby could happen. it'd be awkward as hell, but it would be cool for her to see that Hisao's doing just fine and he's dating someone else now, so hopefully she wouldn't feel bad about what happened.
I'd prefer it if it was a bad end where Hisao gets dumped and drunkenly hitch hikes to Iwanako's house and comes on to her. Then he gets rejected and dies.
Got my feet in the air and my head on the ground.

Kenji=Rin>Akira>Hideaki>Hachisame>Lilly>Takashi>Miki>Emi>Nurse>Misha>Mutou>Shizune>Yuuko>Nomiya>Hanako

Worthington's Wondrous Writeshop
Magnesium Ninja Studios
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Mercutio wrote:and now that I actually do think about it, I gotta agree with G3n0c1de
feminist
apologist
brainwashing

are you forgetting that the story is told in first person
If I may elaborate,
if everyone in the story magically knew the reasons that everyone else had for doing the things that they did, and agreed with those reasons, there would not be conflict of any sort.
Shizune and Misha would not have gotten mad at Emi, Rin, Lilly, or Hanako for running in the halls, sleeping on the desks, not having paperwork done ahead of time, or ditching class. Hisao would not have ever though Kenji was strange, and would have immediately began exercising to combat his heart condition, instead of waiting until Emi and Nurse had to drag him out onto the track.
Discrepancies in information are part of human interaction. We are not omniscient.
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Brogurt wrote:feminist
apologist
brainwashing

are you forgetting that the story is told in first person
If I may elaborate,
if everyone in the story magically knew the reasons that everyone else had for doing the things that they did, and agreed with those reasons, there would not be conflict of any sort.
Shizune and Misha would not have gotten mad at Emi, Rin, Lilly, or Hanako for running in the halls, sleeping on the desks, not having paperwork done ahead of time, or ditching class. Hisao would not have ever though Kenji was strange, and would have immediately began exercising to combat his heart condition, instead of waiting until Emi and Nurse had to drag him out onto the track.
Discrepancies in information are part of human interaction. We are not omniscient.
Not sure what point your making here...
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

What I'm saying is that Hisao has no reason to sympathize with Iwanako
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Brogurt wrote:What I'm saying is that Hisao has no reason to sympathize with Iwanako
Why not? If he's as reasonable as any of us here then perhaps he'd view the whole affair between them as just unfortunate. I don't see him being angry with her, especially now since they've gone their separate ways. I mean, he could be, and then he'd have to confront these feelings as character development, but that wouldn't work without bringing Iwanako back into the story. If they did she'd be too important, as she'd draw attention off Hisao's chosen girl. As it stands, she's basically a plot device to get Hisao into the hospital.

It really all depends on who or what Hisao is angry at. Himself for having a weak body? Life for dealing him a shitty hand? Or Iwanako for putting him in the hospital? I've seen the first two already in the demo, and expect them to be recurring themes until he deals with them. Iwanako? Not so much.

In my view, Hisao was initially bitter at the whole situation. His having a chance with a girl he liked only to have his life turned on its head. Iwanako's visits probably helped take some of the bitterness off, but in that time they didn't form a true connection as friends, and any romantic feelings were made a lot more complicated. If anything, Iwanako visited out of guilt and duty. In the end, I hope that both realized that it would be best for both to continue without the other. Currently, Hisao's all but forgotten about Iwanako.
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

Brogurt wrote:Currently, Hisao's all but forgotten about Iwanako.
in all of 4 and a half months ... i think not ... he may never speak about her but im sure he thinks about her all the time
Erybis

Post by Erybis »

G3n0c1de wrote:
Brogurt wrote:What I'm saying is that Hisao has no reason to sympathize with Iwanako
Why not? If he's as reasonable as any of us here then perhaps he'd view the whole affair between them as just unfortunate. I don't see him being angry with her, especially now since they've gone their separate ways. I mean, he could be, and then he'd have to confront these feelings as character development, but that wouldn't work without bringing Iwanako back into the story. If they did she'd be too important, as she'd draw attention off Hisao's chosen girl. As it stands, she's basically a plot device to get Hisao into the hospital.

It really all depends on who or what Hisao is angry at. Himself for having a weak body? Life for dealing him a shitty hand? Or Iwanako for putting him in the hospital? I've seen the first two already in the demo, and expect them to be recurring themes until he deals with them. Iwanako? Not so much.

In my view, Hisao was initially bitter at the whole situation. His having a chance with a girl he liked only to have his life turned on its head. Iwanako's visits probably helped take some of the bitterness off, but in that time they didn't form a true connection as friends, and any romantic feelings were made a lot more complicated. If anything, Iwanako visited out of guilt and duty. In the end, I hope that both realized that it would be best for both to continue without the other. Currently, Hisao's all but forgotten about Iwanako.
Hisao drones on in a bitter monologue in the PROLOGUE. It's safe to assume he was pretty angry about the whole ordeal. He even seems frustrated with the fact that few people genuinely cared about his plight. My guess is that, by the time Iwanako's last visit came around, he just didn't give a fuck. Life can only kick you down so many times before the ability to care dwindles into nonexistence. At least in my experience, anyway. So, I assume that, while he does think of Iwanako on rare occasions, he's already given up on the "what if" part, and resumed his life like any normal human being. For someone to dwell on the lingering attractions to a girl who caused your heart attack, is as stupid as mashing your head into a brick wall. You get nothing out of it but PAIN.